IGNORED

Wii Nunchuck adapter for Atari 2600

Danjovic

• 1 month later...
On 9/19/2019 at 11:51 AM, Danjovic said:

Open source adapter for playing Atari 2600 with Wii Nunchuck. Can work with or without the accelerometers (link). 

1541221447899198580.jpg9274321446925426231.jpg

The same board can receive an alternative firmware to adapt nes/snes controllers to Atari

310981467339627968.png

I see the PCB is dated four years ago. Do you still sell these?

• Like 1

On 10/31/2019 at 11:28 PM, 0078265317 said:

Awesome

But what will it cost?  And a shell is needed.  So it looks like an adapter and not just a plain board.

The case (shell) was designed for the NES/SNES version but it is not mandatory.

The Wii nunchuck connects directly to the board and the board can be connected directly to the Atari Joystick ports.

On 10/31/2019 at 7:43 PM, Danjovic said:

You mean move with the thumbstick and aim with the accelerometers? That would be cool.

Exactly, I had one handed people in mind, or people who need their other hand for "something else". :P

I just don't bother anymore, because I am anti-open source and don't have the time to produce.  I don't understand why someone should give away, possibly hundreds of hours of work, for free.

14 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

Exactly, I had one handed people in mind, or people who need their other hand for "something else". :P

I just don't bother anymore, because I am anti-open source and don't have the time to produce.  I don't understand why someone should give away, possibly hundreds of hours of work, for free.

I understand you.

I can't speak for other people but I do it just for fun.

On the other hand the tasks involved in commercialize the product are way too boring and that is the reason why I don't usually sell them.

On 10/30/2019 at 8:24 PM, CPUWIZ said:

Cool, I made one of those years ago as well.  You should adapt that to the 7800, which is what I designed it for, one handed Robotron. ?

Well, I did it! Single handed controller but it is for MSX

I believe that it should work for 7800 as long as the pinout for VCC,GND,FireA,FireB are connected on respective pins

/*
//(PC0) A0  - TRGA-1      Port 1/Pin 6    Button Z  // MSX
//(PC1) A1  - TRGB-1      Port 1/Pin 7    Button C  // MSX

(PC0) A0  - TRGA-1      Port 1/Pin 5    Button Z   // Atari 800
(PC1) A1  - TRGB-1      Port 1/Pin 9    Button C   // Atari 800
*/

and the PORT register state for the triggers be initialized with "1" instead of "0"

//PORT_TRIG  &=~( (1<<TA_1)|(1<<TB_1) ); // MSX
    PORT_TRIG  |= ( (1<<TA_1)|(1<<TB_1) );   // Atari 7800

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

FYI you can buy extension cables for the Wiichuck plug and chop off the half you don't want, then talk to the controller directly as I2C. But it's a bit of a busy protocol to use with a 2600, so sticking a PIC in there is kind of a good idea, and once you're already making a PCB, might as well build the port into it, yeah.