IGNORED

Rarest Stuff You Own?(including Atari)

bluejay

3 hours ago, stupus said:

Oh cool! I definitely dont have that. I have the pac man clone by that company though.

Love the artwork!!!

I have the Pac-man clone too. I also have another boxed game that I found when I purchased this one (at a thrift store) over 20 years ago.

IMG_3818.thumb.JPG.d7ca95777d9251c95eb65a1e46be31de.JPG

On 12/4/2019 at 12:51 PM, AtariRx said:

I’ve got one of these too!  Also have a Starlight N64 Fun Center, the ones that were used in hospitals. I doubt there are many of those still around. 

DE37ACB4-FED3-499C-A621-46D6DAB8EC92.jpeg

I used to have a few kiosks years ago but had to sell them all after being laid off during the recession. I even had one of those huge 2600 store displays. The SNES kiosk is the last one I managed to hang on to. I like the way the neon light glows.

On 12/3/2019 at 5:44 PM, bluejay said:

#text Indy 500s are rare? I didn't know that.

He said "numbered text", so I guess he meant like "01 Combat"? I didn't realize that was one of the original nine.

Hmm, a quick look and I found that "11 Indy 500" is indeed one of them. The numbered text carts also came in boxes with cover flaps, and those are really hard to find, I think I have an 01 Combat box somewhere.

On 12/4/2019 at 11:58 PM, 0078265317 said:

I found a 5200 2 port and vcs adapter.  And a 4 port asterisk model also.  Will be here soon.

I have a 5200 4-port that is compatible with the 2600 adapter. I had to learn how to check the board revision through the grille slots on the bottom. I think I found two of them actually. I remember it being CO something something Rev 3.

On 12/5/2019 at 4:00 PM, fred said:

I used to have a few kiosks years ago but had to sell them all after being laid off during the recession. I even had one of those huge 2600 store displays. The SNES kiosk is the last one I managed to hang on to. I like the way the neon light glows.

I have a Virtual Boy kiosk that I got from a Blockbuster Video. This was a tabletop-type kiosk, I think there was another kind too.

Edited by Bruce Tomlin

• 2 weeks later...

I have acquired quite a bit of very rare items over the years, a few of which I've sold. Here are some that I still have.

Survival of the Fittest (Atari 8 bit) found in the wild just recently for $20 and it was very exciting and possibly the first copy that's turned up for sale in more than five years

Complete boxed Unisonic Champion 2711 with all four carts 

TCR VideoSport 900PC Boxed with the game and manual

Complete Arcadia 2001 collection

Melody Chase for Aquarius, boxed missing one overlay

CD-i Intercare Healthcare Advisor (Dr.'s Office CD-i system and the only known one to exist right now)

Exerscience Joyride from Nordictrack for Sega Genesis (another instance of the only known one in existence right now)

Complete Channel F collection

100% CIB copy of the US version of Fantastic Dizzy for the Game Gear (including an unscratched hint card and trust me it's nightmarishly rare!)

Atari 2600 Fire Command Joystick

Multisystem CRT TV (LOL)

Tandy 1000 TL/3 with monitor and printer and matching keyboard, mouse, and power supply

CIB copy of Super Air Zonk for Turbo Duo

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2019 at 12:27 AM, vintagegamecrazy said:

I have acquired quite a bit of very rare items over the years, a few of which I've sold. Here are some that I still have.

Survival of the Fittest (Atari 8 bit) found in the wild just recently for $20 and it was very exciting and possibly the first copy that's turned up for sale in more than five years

Complete boxed Unisonic Champion 2711 with all four carts 

TCR VideoSport 900PC Boxed with the game and manual

Complete Arcadia 2001 collection

Melody Chase for Aquarius, boxed missing one overlay

CD-i Intercare Healthcare Advisor (Dr.'s Office CD-i system and the only known one to exist right now)

Exerscience Joyride from Nordictrack for Sega Genesis (another instance of the only known one in existence right now)

Complete Channel F collection

100% CIB copy of the US version of Fantastic Dizzy for the Game Gear (including an unscratched hint card and trust me it's nightmarishly rare!)

Atari 2600 Fire Command Joystick

Multisystem CRT TV (LOL)

Tandy 1000 TL/3 with monitor and printer and matching keyboard, mouse, and power supply

CIB copy of Super Air Zonk for Turbo Duo

You have to make a better youtube vid for this. I'd love to see it "in action". I love weird crap like this.

• 4 weeks later...

Just heard about this topic on the Atari 2600 forum.

My rarest stuff:

ARCADES

Pac-Man Battle Royale Tournament Edition (only 1 prototype board I know of)

The Spectre Files: Deathstalker (only 4 units made so far)

Dariusburst Another Chronicle [English Edition] (only 7 units produced in English)

The Act: An Interactive Comedy (only 42 units made, never released)

Dragon Saber (just picked it up last week)

Warlords (Cocktail model)

ATARI 

Quest for Quintana Roo

Mines of Minos

Spy Hunter

Tapper

Frogger II: Threeedeep (5200)

BattleSphere (Jaguar)

Atari Karts (Jaguar)

Jaguar Extremist Packs 

Not sure that I have anything truly rare for my Nintendo & Sega systems (closest might be the WindWaker WiiU). I also have an almost complete NUON collection, minus IS3 - also have a rare demo disc with signatures for that one. Rarest MS game I have is Xyanide for the original Xbox. Would have to look through the collection again to see if I missed anything.

On 12/28/2019 at 8:25 PM, bluejay said:

I found a Hanimex 777 at a thrift store, and I can't find much info about it, so no idea if this is rare or not:

20191226_182314.jpg

In Europe that would be near worthless junk, there are so many of that console (and variations). In the US I don't know; it seems that in Europe Pong sales peaked between 1977 and 1980, due to the lack of consoles on the market (the 2600 would only arrive in 1980) save for the Videopac which was a novelty and not especially cheap compared to a Pong.

• 2 years later...

About a year ago my collection was a lot more boring, but I became a multi-millionaire this year and I’ve been buying stuff. Even bought a whole second house just to have room to use the collection. This house was looking a little hoarded. 😂

If I were to guess I would say my CIB Super A’Can with 2 spare controllers and 6 of the 11 released games including a sealed Boomzoo is the “rarest” thing in my collection. Still looking for the remaining 5.

I’ve got some neat Intellivision stuff like the synthesizer keyboard and ECS.

Also have a bunch of other stuff like Panzer Dragoon Saga, Paprium, a LaserActive with all the PACs, an MSX2+, an SGI Indy R5000, a Vectrex, a Virtual Boy, several Amigas all in need of some kind of repair or finishing, tons of souped up and rare vintage PowerPC Mac stuff too like a maxed out Sawtooth and a Cube. 

E5BD7DC1-93D6-49D0-967D-A383F61B9062.jpeg