IGNORED

MCUFriend test

ricortes

Digging through some old stuff. I found one of my old Arduino that was running the 'Deadbeef' sketch so looked around and found one sketch that worked. This isn't a panacea as the manufacturers of these screens seem to stick in whatever is available and call it whatever is the most popular. I just thought I would toss this up since it works with my ~4 year old 2.4" tft display. Anyway, if you want to see if your MCUfriend screen is maybe dead or maybe working, try this.

BTW: It would be good to hear from you if it works. I can't imagine they are still using that old of chips but they could be using a compatible derivative. I'll get around to picking up some later model screens in the next week or two but I don't really have a project in mind to use them.

This sketch is completely self contained, doesn't need any included libraries.  

MCUfriend.ino

2 hours ago, ricortes said:

Digging through some old stuff. I found one of my old Arduino that was running the 'Deadbeef' sketch so looked around and found one sketch that worked. This isn't a panacea as the manufacturers of these screens seem to stick in whatever is available and call it whatever is the most popular. I just thought I would toss this up since it works with my ~4 year old 2.4" tft display. Anyway, if you want to see if your MCUfriend screen is maybe dead or maybe working, try this.

BTW: It would be good to hear from you if it works. I can't imagine they are still using that old of chips but they could be using a compatible derivative. I'll get around to picking up some later model screens in the next week or two but I don't really have a project in mind to use them.

This sketch is completely self contained, doesn't need any included libraries.  

MCUfriend.ino 17.04 kB · 3 downloads

Hey Rick!  It's been a while.  I hope you have been well.

Pretty.  Demo is working with the MCUFriends ILI9338 (PCB is marked such).

Was there something in particular that I was supposed to see?

-SteveS

p.s. Above I was describing the 2.8" screen from the banggood.com bundle. 

Demo also works with the 2.4" screen.  This one is also an MCUFriends screen but there isn't a part number anywhere visible. It has worked with the ILI9329 version of the SDrive-MAX firmware.

Edited by a8isa1
update

I'm doing OK. Kind of got the stuffing knocked out of me recently with the Prostrate thing => surgery, radiation, and all that. Trying to get back up to speed but maybe 2-4 years behind Atari in real terms. I still login here, just not a lot to contribute. :)

Nice to hear the demo worked. I made about 5-6 into stocking stuffers as miniature paint screens for my grand kids. The one I still have one that identifies as a ILI9340 and I recall at least one with the Samsung 0154 that must of been given away. I'm just trying to get my feet back under me. I'm still currently a joke when it comes to stuff like soldering, out of practice.

Edited by ricortes
  • Like 2