IGNORED

Dumb Question About Nintendo Online

Magmavision2000

I made a Japanese account for my Nintendo switch and set up a 7 day free trial. I was wondering, after the trial is over, will I be able to use the Famicom and Super Famicom apps with my US account or will I have to buy another switch online membership (the US account has switch online)?

I think so. I've had no difficulty accessing the Famicom and Super Famicom apps with a North American account, although I used a slightly different method to download them. I'm sure that as long as you can open the Famicom App with your main account, you should have no difficulty opening it when the free trial on your Japanese account expires.

Also, in case an N64 or GBA App is released in the future and you want the Japanese version again, there should be a "My Account" webpage on Nintendo's Website where you can log in and change the region of your Nintendo Account to wherever you want. You don't need to provide proof of address, so you can set your location as Japan, download the app, and then set your location back to normal. That way you don't need to mess around with multiple accounts or free trials.

• Thanks 2

I can't read Japanese, but I used to do this kind of thing all the time, especially when other territories got stuff way earlier than we did. 

Now most things seem to have global launches, or close to it, and I feel like I'm no longer missing out on most things.

What's in the Japanese store that makes it worth the hassle of maintaining the other account?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

I can't read Japanese, but I used to do this kind of thing all the time, especially when other territories got stuff way earlier than we did. 

Now most things seem to have global launches, or close to it, and I feel like I'm no longer missing out on most things.

What's in the Japanese store that makes it worth the hassle of maintaining the other account?

I honestly don't know. I know there's some games released in the rising sun that hasn't been released yet in North America (don't know what exactly). I only did this so I could have some Famicom games that aren't on the NES app (E.g. Fire Emblem, Disk System versions of Zelda and Metroid, Yie Ar Kung Fu etc etc.).

• Like 1