IGNORED

Alternate Dev Sys/Cart environment?

Andrew Davie

OK, I'm starting to think that my Krokodile Cart is a bit long in the tooth. Perhaps my time is better spend buying a new cart that's more modern (and capable)?  I really have been out of the loop for a decade, but essentially I want something that I can download to on-the-fly after each assembly, and maybe hit reset on the '2600 and see the results.

What are my options?

Last I looked it was CuttleCart and KrokodileCart

The most "up-to-date" I am is thinking about Harmony Encore/Gold. But it seems that that maybe does not implement 3E bankswitching correctly...?  I say that because I've had quite a few reports in the Sokoboo thread about people having issues.

Can someone please recommend something that would be suitable for my needs?

I've been using the UnoCart 2600 the last couple of months. Best of all: it's Open Source, so if something doesn't work, it's rather easy to update the code. But that's not necessary for 3E, because even Bad Apple works like a charm on it. If you send me a test-case I can doublecheck this for you.

Edit: the reset button approch does not work out of the box, but you can go for a Wi-Fi sdcard to upload your stuff. Then it'll be poweroff/-on, hit Firebutton or game reset, if it's the only file on the cart. There's a thread about this here somewhere...

Edited by SvOlli
  • Like 1