IGNORED

old parkers brother ad for video hotline

bradhig1

Art imitating life. Although I agree with Douglas Adams, the universe doesn’t have any art, because there isn’t a mirror big enough.

I can hardly understand the point of a 2600 tip line. Which games would actually require a tip line? (I can sort of understand Raiders of the Lost Ark (not a PB game))

https://atariage.com/catalog_overview.php?CatalogID=15

Edited by CapitanClassic

Here's the picture so you don't have to click away from AtariAge:

for-a-vid-time-ad21.thumb.jpg.1e2a06b404b0a5685f2794966e7db8a1.jpg

I always thought the numbers in the stall were from horny dudes.  Unlike what that very lengthy blogpost suggests, I might say you'd have a better argument looking in the rearview and labeling this homophobic. 

Well and then there is the anti-religious message in the photo used by the author to demonstrate that "Raunchy and weird graffiti doesn’t have to be sexist."  If only Parker had been forward thinking enough to offend our religions liberties instead of our sexual freedoms.  Then we could look back and call them heroes, right?

The article appears to be written by someone criticizing media they have never played/watched.

No, the trophy girl isn’t a prize, she is presenting the prize. This has been a common element of racing that goes back for years.

https://www.foxsports.com/nascar/gallery/richard-petty-dale-jarrett-the-kiss-fs1-nascar-race-hub-trophy-girls-victory-lane-092815

No, Lady Lisa isn’t a prize in the movie Pixels, Q*bert is. Lady Lisa actually dies and Q*bert changes its likeness to that of Lady Lisa.

Even seemingly innocuous racing games conflate women with prizes to be won.

As reviews of the recent Adam Sandler film Pixels and its sad nostalgia remind us, in games ranging from Double Dragon to Cruisin’ USA, in the 80s the promise of a girl could be the prize of a video game (something the film makes a literal reality).

crusa-1.png