IGNORED

PlusCart (an inexpensive DIY WiFi multicart)

Al_Nafuur

18 minutes ago, spspspsp said:

I've been following this thread--it sounds like a pain. But thank you for keeping the server going.

I just tried connecting carts with ID# 68 & 70 and they seemed to work fine. 

However, cart 68 has WiFi firmware v1.6.2 and PlusCart software v2.3.16 and I was unable to do an OTA update.

That looks in the log files like the same multiload error we had before where the 1st 2nd and 5th requests have been send and the 3rd and 4th not.

18 minutes ago, spspspsp said:

Could the error be on my end?

No.

Has anyone else from South-America, US or AUS tried loading ROMs larger than 32K?

I just have removed some more additional headers I had added during debugging and testing the last few days. @spspspsp maybe you can test to OTA update again.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Al_Nafuur said:

Has anyone else from South-America, US or AUS tried loading ROMs larger than 32K?

I've just booted the Grizzard (NTSC 1.1) ROM in or.us. Willing to do any other testing that might help.

STM fw 2.3.17

WiFi 1.7.4.0

Plus ID 625

I do see that my "storage used" reads zero, I don't know if that's expected.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bruce-Robert Pocock said:

I've just booted the Grizzard (NTSC 1.1) ROM in or.us. Willing to do any other testing that might help.

This is one of the better 64K ROMs 😉

Penult Demo (Public ROMs/Homebrew/NTSC/M-P/Penult Demo) is a 128K ROM

2 hours ago, Bruce-Robert Pocock said:

I do see that my "storage used" reads zero, I don't know if that's expected.

👍

Should be fixed now.

• Thanks 1

On 4/30/2024 at 12:34 PM, Al_Nafuur said:

Penult Demo (Public ROMs/Homebrew/NTSC/M-P/Penult Demo) is a 128K ROM

• Did not see Penult under Homebrew/NTSC/M-P but did find it in the Homebrew Awards section, and it starts up well enough.
  • Tried to access PlusROMs / Maps and Paint — which I've never used either of them, but neither seemed to "do" anything, except starting. Maps showed mostly green with some blue in top-right corner, and Paint showed a bix white box with an "X" and the top-left corner missing.
  • Using Right + Reset to exit, after some time I got to where the title on the screen top was correct, but no directory entries appeared, and the "Go Back" items worked (showed new parent folders) but with no contents, all the way up to the top level showing only "Setup." A power cycle cured it.

On 5/2/2024 at 1:35 PM, Bomberman94 said:

None of the „My ROMs“ games can be loaded - I always get the error message in the screenshot. My ROMs are between 32 and 128 Kb big.

On 5/1/2024 at 6:21 AM, Capellão said:

Peanut Demo (Public ROMs/Homebrew/NTSC/MP/Peanut Demo)    I tested this on fw 102.3.17, it didn't run.

@MarcoJ

I have just changed some HTTP settings/headers of the new server. So that they are closer to the original settings of the old server. I don't have high hopes, but maybe this will fix the problem with loading larger files that some (few) users have.

8 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

@MarcoJ

I have just changed some HTTP settings/headers of the new server. So that they are closer to the original settings of the old server. I don't have high hopes, but maybe this will fix the problem with loading larger files that some (few) users have.

Success! I just tried an ACE demo for the first time in a few weeks.

Penult, Price of Indiana 2 and ELF games also working.

Well done.

Marco

• Like 1

Just for the records. Here are the current HTTP headers.

The response for a directory listing needs to be HTTP/1.0, so it doesn't gets chunked by intermediate caches/proxies and it needs a Content-Length header (which is mandatory for a HTTP/1.0 response) to be parsed by the PlusCart.

HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Content-Length: 3126
Vary: Accept-Encoding
Connection: close
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8

The response for a partial file request by the PlusCart needs to be a "HTTP/1.1 206 Partial Content". The Connection must be Keep-Alive and the timeout should be at least 15 seconds.

HTTP/1.1 206 Partial Content
Connection: Keep-Alive
Keep-Alive: timeout=15
Content-Type: application/octet-stream
Accept-Ranges: bytes
Expires: 0
Cache-Control: must-revalidate
Pragma: public
Content-Description: File Transfer
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="penultdemo-NTSC-20.bin"
Content-Range: bytes 0-32767/131072
Content-Length: 32768

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, MarcoJ said:

Firmware update just worked here too. Whatever you just did, it was a midas touch!

The new server had a default Keep-Alive timeout of 5 seconds and added an additional "Keep-Alive" to the Connection header:

Connection: Keep-Alive, keep-alive
Keep-Alive: timeout=5

• Like 1