IGNORED

Looking for a volunteer (with time on their hands).

Omega-TI

Do you want to make a contribution to the TI community?  Do you have extra time on your hands, possibly due to retirement?

I have an idea below, but sadly I do not have the time or the knowledge to pull it off myself, but feel this person would make a great addition to the community if they wanted to volunteer.

Be the TI APPS Coordinator!

From time to time people post old extended basic programs that perform a single function, like figure gas mileage, or some other useful function.  Your position would be to turn these programs into .BIN format executables from a FlashROM or FinalGROM cartridge... after slightly modifying them giving them all a similar screen appearance.  Over time, with your help, the community could have a "suite of useful applications", giving our old TI a useful purpose in these modern times.

IIRC, there were tons of useful old programs out in the wild, but under Extended BASIC they ran 'dog slow', but compiled and in an easy to download and use .BIN format, I think what is old, could be new and useful again.  Imagine, being able to easily and quickly go to your TI, selecting the APPS menu in your FinalGROM and within seconds getting the answer to a question or problem.   

• Like 2

3 hours ago, --- Ω --- said:

...but sadly I do not have the time or the knowledge to pull it off myself

3 hours ago, atrax27407 said:

Have at it, Omega! You're nominated.

Please take note of the excerpt from my post above.   I'll never nominate anyone unasked for such task, but last I heard, asking for volunteers has never been a crime.  No one has to step up.  It's just something I 'put out out there' in case anyone was interested.

• Like 1