IGNORED

Dragon Rage (PS2)

pacman000

A few months ago I bought Dragon Rage for the PS2:

‪http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InlYWtmiQB4‬

Yeah, the eating's a bit too bloody for "T" rated game.

It's not great, but I had fun. Basic concept's there, but the story's a little over dramatic, & the controls are sometimes difficult. (Cael turns too wide.)

The controls aren't impossible, but it's too hard to make last minute adjustments. Often I find myself on top of something I'm supposed to grab, without a good way to hit it. Only option I can find: fly over it for awhile, then do a 180 flip & try again. Not much fun on a timed level. It's also hard to hit an enemy who's right under you; that's one reason I was stuck on level 4. GameFAQs helped; take out the irk generals before putting the eggs in the nest.

There is a map, but the levels are large, so large the map can't show the whole level at one time. That wouldn't be a problem, but the levels also are maze like, & the map's markers only show you the general direction of objects off the map's edge, which can lead you to dead ends. Again, that's not much fun on a timed level.

Still, I get to play as a dragon, & I now own a game made by 3DO before they went bust, so I'm satisfied.