IGNORED

'TOS CPUcard' (c)1992 by artifex GmbH

Gunstar

I have this 'TOS CPUcard' for installing Mega STE TOS in standard ST's that I picked up about 15 years ago to install in my 1040STf, just before I was given a Mega STE. The card was put away in one of my electronic components cases and forgotten about until I finally got around to organizing it all after years in disarray. After a bit of searching on the Internet this morning, I've not found anything about it, my searches keep turning up modern boards with GAL's and whatnot, but nothing about this card. So what can anyone tell me about it besides the obvious? Was this also meant as a means to upgrade the CPU to a 68020/030 as well? Or merely to install a newer TOS? I'm just looking to get the most info on it I can to put it up for sale, since I no longer own any ST's after my storage was robbed a couple years ago. I noticed it has two broken pins which I will repair before I sell it.  I'll have to sell it "as-is" untested (which I loath to do since "as-is" is generally a clue to some one selling something they know doesn't work) since I've no way of testing it, but I'll at least fix the two pins first.

Thanks for any info

IMG_20191022_070517.jpg

IMG_20191022_070541.jpg

Edited by Gunstar

This is just for TOS 2.06 for ST machines. What means additional logic for new address space of 2.06 - what would be that small chip - PAL or GAL ? . And sockets, EPROMs with 2.06 .

No 68030 support, 2.06 has support for 68010. What is tested. Not sure for 68020, it may work, but surely needs different CPU socket than 68000 or 68010 .

• Like 1

Thanks. The small chip is a PALC16V8H. Since I have no installation instructions to got with it, though it's pretty straight forward, where is the white wire supposed to connect on the ST? My guess would be it goes to a pin on the MMU directly or indirectly. Or if anyone knows where more info or instructions for this board can be found, I'd appreciate a link.

If anyone here is interested, I'm willing to sell or trade, so PM and make me an offer. For a trade I'm really only into Atari 8-bits and Jaguar any more. I don't expect it to be worth much and money isn't a concern really, especially since I have no way of knowing or finding out if it still works. If that white wire is supposed to be soldered somewhere, then my guess would be this card has never been installed, even by the previous owner, since the pin on the end of the wire is clean of solder. There's no solder or any residue on the CPU socket pins either, I don't recall if ST's have CPU sockets or are soldered in. It may be that the 2 pins were broken when I obtained it and that's why the previous owner was getting rid of it as they had no soldering skills to repair it. It's all total speculation of course. I just think it needs to go to someone who can use it instead of sitting in my parts case forever. It has been in an anti-static bag in a controlled climate for all these years, but I never tested it from when I purchased or obtained it (I don't recall how I came upon it at this point anymore). Otherwise I'll just list it on eBay and see what happens.

Edited by Gunstar

On second thought, any previous installation, if they weren't morons, they would have installed a socket (or headers probably, do they make a socket large enough for the old 68000?) for the CPU board, so there wouldn't be any sign of a previous install on the board pins anyway, even if the CPU was factory soldered to the mobo. I will include precision break-away headers with the board too, if any ST's exist with CPU's soldered to the mobo, just in case.

IMG_20191022_103355.jpg

Edited by Gunstar