IGNORED

Atari 2600 ports

adamchevy

• 4 years later...
Posted (edited)
On 10/22/2019 at 4:52 PM, adamchevy said:

I was watching the No swear gamers review of Masters of the Universe the power of he man today. He mentioned during his review that it is a port of the Intellivision game. How many other games on the 2600 are ports from other consoles?

Excellent question!  Taking the above mentions plus my own, here's what we have so far.

Spoiler

Other Consoles & Home Computers - Ports, Re-Makes And De-Makes For Atari 2600

NOTE: Not including arcade ports.  Arcade ports are in a separate list.  

8-BIT HOME COMPUTERS

• Athletic Land (MSX )
  • A-VCS-tec Challenge (C64)
  • Boulder Dash (Atari 8-bit)
  • Lode Runner
  • Montezuma's Revenge (Atari 800)
  • Mountain King
  • RoboMechanik (Atari 8-bit)
  • Threshold (Atari 8-bit)

16-BIT HOME COMPUTERS

• Hunt the Wumpus (TI-994A)

ATARI 7800

• Zeviouz – (port of the Atari 7800 version of Xevious)

DOS

• Doom (Mr.  Podoboo, 2011) (de-make)
  • Doom 2600 (de-make)

GAMEBOY

• Cubis (remake of the Gameboy version of Tetris)

GAMEBOY ADVANCE

• Anguna (de-make)

COLECOVISION

• Smurf Rescue in Gargamel's Castle

GENESIS

• Zippy the Porcupine (de-make of Sonic the Hedgehog)

GRAPHING CALCULATORS

• Astar (remake of Dstar)

INTELLIVISION

• Armor Ambush (Armor Battle, M-Network)
  • Astroblast (Astrosmash, M-Network)
  • Dark Cavern (Night Stalker, M-Network)
  • Dystopia (Utopia de-make)
  • Frogs and Flies (Frog Bog, M-Network)
  • Masters of the Universe (M-Network)
  • Sea Battle (unreleased, M-Network)
  • Space Attack (Space Battle, M-Network)
  • Star Strike (M-Network)
  • Super Challenge Baseball (Major League Baseball, M-Network)
  • Tron Deadly Discs (M-Network)

JAVA

• Cave 1k 

MOBILE APPS

• Fruit Ninja

NES

• Balloon Trip (remake of Balloon Ride mode in NES Balloon Fight)
  • Boom!  (Bomberman)
  • Gunfight (Blitzer1001, 2024 remake of NES Wild Gunman)
  • Mega Man 

ODYSSEY 2

• BeeWare (Killer Bees)
  • Reders UFO (UFO)

PICO-8 

• Pac-Line WIP (Pico-8, ZPH)

NOTES

• 20th Century Fox – Fast Eddie, Flash Gordon on home computers?  
  • Arcade Ports are in a separate list since there are so many of those.  

I'm sure many more are missing.  Please comment, below!  

Edited by Living Room Arcade

Omega Race started life as a vector graphics arcade game.  It was first rasterized and ported to the Vic-20, then to the Commodore 64, and finally to the Atari 2600 and the ColecoVision.

The Atari 2600 version of the game came bundled with the Booster Grip controller, which allowed VCS gamers TWO controller buttons, one for "thrust" and one for "fire". The Atari 2600 version also came with 256 bytes of RAM inside the cartridge, an innovation Coleco called "RAM Plus", which tripled the paltry 128 bytes of RAM available on the console motherboard.

And, it's a pretty good game, I may add.

-Ben

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Pitfall Harry said:

Omega Race started life as a vector graphics arcade game.  It was first rasterized and ported to the Vic-20, then to the Commodore 64, and finally to the Atari 2600 and the ColecoVision.

The Atari 2600 version of the game came bundled with the Booster Grip controller, which allowed VCS gamers TWO controller buttons, one for "thrust" and one for "fire". The Atari 2600 version also came with 256 bytes of RAM inside the cartridge, an innovation Coleco called "RAM Plus", which tripled the paltry 128 bytes of RAM available on the console motherboard.

And, it's a pretty good game, I may add.

-Ben

Thank you, that was a great remembrance of the Atari 2600 Omega Race port w/ RAM Plus and Booster Grip!  

Sorry for any confusion, Mr. Ben, this list is intended to just be for other home consoles (Intellivision, etc.) and home computers (Atari 400/800, C64, etc.) ports to Atari 2600.  The list for Atari 2600 arcade ports (since it's so long) has a thread of its own, the most recent update is here.  (And you will see that Omega Race is on the list.)  

Thank you again for your comment.  

3 hours ago, Living Room Arcade said:

Thank you, that was a great remembrance of the Atari 2600 Omega Race port w/ RAM Plus and Booster Grip!  

Sorry for any confusion, Mr. Ben, this list is intended to just be for other home consoles (Intellivision, etc.) and home computers (Atari 400/800, C64, etc.) ports to Atari 2600.  The list for Atari 2600 arcade ports (since it's so long) has a thread of its own, the most recent update is here.  (And you will see that Omega Race is on the list.)  

Thank you again for your comment.  

Well, the OP -- not You -- was asking for ports from other consoles.  Once Omega Race was rasterized for the Vic-20, all other platform versions were ports of the Vic-20 console game.  I was unaware you had taken possession of the thread.  Sorry for the confusion.

-Ben

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thank you again, @Pitfall Harry Mr. Ben.  I value your contribution of Omega Race (VIC-20 conversion) to the list of console ports.  I apologize if you felt that my actions were in any way inappropriate in this thread.  

Guys, let's move the party over here.  If interested, follow me to the new thread, and together we'll build a list of Atari 2600 ports from other consoles and from home computers, too.  

40 minutes ago, Living Room Arcade said:

Thank you again, @Pitfall Harry Mr. Ben.  I value your contribution of Omega Race (VIC-20 conversion) to the list of console ports.  But I also would like to include home computer ports.  So, if that is not allowed here, I apologize, and I started a new thread here.  Please see that Omega Race (VIC-20 port) has been added to the list in the new thread.  

I see your new list.  Thanks for the link!

-Ben

• Like 1