IGNORED

Case for the TexElec TI-99/4A to Atari Joystick Adapter

sixersfan105

• 3 years later...

I purchased one of the 'TexElec TI-99/4A to Atari Joystick Adapters' and wanted a case as well but I was to cheap to buy one.... It worked fine without a case..

A few days ago while searching Thingiverse for any new TI99 files, I found exactly what I needed, then printed it. The first one was slightly small but I added 1.4mm to the height and printed a second one that fit perfectly. With the addition of two small squares of 3M  double side tape it's now very securely attached to the side of my console. 🙃

Below is the link to the STL files and a few photos of mine, it turned out very nice.

by hideehoo November 08, 2022,
Thank you hideehoo -  https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5615091

on conole3.jpg

piece assembled back.jpg

pieces readyfor assembly.jpg

pieces readyfor assembly1.jpg

• Like 5

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/28/2022 at 3:13 PM, sixersfan105 said:

Cool, thanks for sharing @Smoker Ace! I'd want the ports a little more flush with the case but other than that looking pretty good! A metallic-style strip on top would look great, too. Cheers. 

OK @sixersfan105I threw it into TinkerCad and changed up the front piece as you suggested, I made it 4mm thicker and flush with the ports. It does look nicer and a more finished. The STL is attached :) TI99_4A Joystick Adapter Case - 4mm or so thicker lid.stl

joystickadapter4mmorsowiderlid.thumb.jpg.b488d7fe1cffee9299ecb9a902fb9a0e.jpg

On 2/14/2024 at 2:28 PM, JCloninger said:

I'm printing one now. Thanks for posting! This post came up before the Thingiverse listing in a Google search for me!

@JCloninger I changed up the STL file a bit, made the lid 4mm thicker so as to be flush with the ports and the case is just a smidge of a mm tighter. Surprises me that Google gives preference to our forum over Thngiverse. Pretty cool tho... LOL

• Like 5

On 3/7/2024 at 11:41 AM, Smoker Ace said:

OK @sixersfan105I threw it into TinkerCad and changed up the front piece as you suggested, I made it 4mm thicker and flush with the ports. It does look nicer and a more finished. The STL is attached :) TI99_4A Joystick Adapter Case - 4mm or so thicker lid.stl

joystickadapter4mmorsowiderlid.thumb.jpg.b488d7fe1cffee9299ecb9a902fb9a0e.jpg

@JCloninger I changed up the STL file a bit, made the lid 4mm thicker so as to be flush with the ports and the case is just a smidge of a mm tighter. Surprises me that Google gives preference to our forum over Thngiverse. Pretty cool tho... LOL

Awesome work! Well done. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I downloaded the STL in my previous post and was surprised that the two pieces were married and I couldn't figure out how to split them in my slicer to rotate each piece separately. I am attaching new STL's in this post. I printed mine with the maximum surface to be on the glass or face down with no supports.

The original files posted

by hideehoo November 08, 2022,
Thank you hideehoo -  https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5615091

TexElec TI-994A to Atari Joystick Adapter Case.stl TexElec TI-994A to Atari Joystick Adapter Lid 4mm thicker.stl

• Like 3