IGNORED

Homework First parental lock for nes.

bradhig1

I do'nt think you have to remove the cartridge. If the picture of the product is good, it appears that the diameter of that thing berely reach the place where the cart lie flat. And even then, the connector and cart tray can be pushed under the shell level and still works, so if someone left a game before "locking" the NES, a kid could still play the NES.

Now, obviously, if a parent was wicked enough to put a copy of Hydlide in there...

1 hour ago, CatPix said:

I do'nt think you have to remove the cartridge. If the picture of the product is good, it appears that the diameter of that thing berely reach the place where the cart lie flat. And even then, the connector and cart tray can be pushed under the shell level and still works, so if someone left a game before "locking" the NES, a kid could still play the NES.

Now, obviously, if a parent was wicked enough to put a copy of Hydlide in there...

What if it was Action 52? LAWL

All you have to do is snap the lid to get this off. Or if you really wanted to be sneaky you could take screws out, remove the top of the console shell and unscrew the cart port cover lid. Play for a while, put it back together and Mom n' Dad never know the difference :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shawn said:

All you have to do is snap the lid to get this off. Or if you really wanted to be sneaky you could take screws out, remove the top of the console shell and unscrew the cart port cover lid. Play for a while, put it back together and Mom n' Dad never know the difference :P

Actually, from what I see, the bottom part of this thing get secured in one of the screw wells, so, no, you can't just do that. Maybe if you remove the screw first then wobble that thing out, you may manage to remove the upper shell.

1 hour ago, Flojomojo said:

I hate it when people use technical solutions to a management or parental problem. 

This....

46 minutes ago, Bratwurst said:

Confiscating the controllers, power plug or any other link in the chain would have been a much more effective solution than this thing.

Perhaps its existence was justified by serving as more of a visible, psychological motivator.

Seriously, how many "concerned" parents even have the know-how to go into a modern console's settings to block out M rated games or set time limits?

4 hours ago, CatPix said:

Actually, from what I see, the bottom part of this thing get secured in one of the screw wells, so, no, you can't just do that. Maybe if you remove the screw first then wobble that thing out, you may manage to remove the upper shell.

I didn't see it covered a screw hole as well. Half decent design then. Major trust and regulation issues in any household that needs one of these things, as flo previously mentioned.