IGNORED

ct63 060 mode works, black screen in 030 mode

Umberto

I recently replaced my Combel, 030 and one of the Gal chips on my falcon. Got it working finally after two years sitting on the shelf. Installed the CT63 and have been using it for about a week with little to no problems in terms of stability. A few days ago I installed the Nemesis clock patch prior to installing the Nemesis, to test it for stability. I know Czuba recommends removing any clock patches and going with a terminating resistor on the DMA. I was playing a game of PMdoom today in 060 mode and shut down, switched over to 030 mode and got a black screen. Went back to 060 mode and it booted fine. So I figured it was a NVRAM issue and reset the NVRAM, but still a black screen in 030 mode. I then removed the clock patch and restored it to Czubas recommended patch. Still black screen in 030 mode. I then replaced the 16meg ram module, TOS 4.04 chip and all the Gal chips and still black screen in 030 mode. I swapped out the Pico PSU with a regular ATX and then to the original Atari PSU, still a black screen in 030 mode. I have tried the Falcon test kit hooked to a dumb terminal and get nothing from the rs232 port in 030 and 060 modes. BUT the machine boots almost perfectly in 060 mode, with the exception that I have no mouse controll in Xboot, but the mouse works perfectly on the desktop. I was hoping that one of you guys could give me a time saving idea