is it just me or is there a guy on ebay charging 3,000 for a repro saying it is the real thing for air raid?

i say this because i have 2 air raid repros that are the same thing as that one.  any thoughts?

I don’t think he specifically says it is real if I recall the listing right.  He doesn’t say it’s not either. Deliberately trying to be deceptive. 

• Like 1

I messaged the seller and they said.. is it really fake? I just bought it off someone for 300. Then proceeded to send me an offer to buy it for 250.00

• Like 1

This one?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AIR-RAID-Atari-2600-Video-Game-Cartridge/264515193706?hash=item3d96558b6a:g:TkcAAOSw5K5duJ6v

Yeah, he never claims anywhere in the listing that it's real and it's a pretty obvious fake. I'm sure that'll play into his defense when he inevitably gets reported for selling a counterfeit. He could've at least spray painted it blue and glued a PVC t-handle to it...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KaeruYojimbo said:

This one?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AIR-RAID-Atari-2600-Video-Game-Cartridge/264515193706?hash=item3d96558b6a:g:TkcAAOSw5K5duJ6v

Yeah, he never claims anywhere in the listing that it's real and it's a pretty obvious fake. I'm sure that'll play into his defense when he inevitably gets reported for selling a counterfeit. He could've at least spray painted it blue and glued a PVC t-handle to it...

Wow that is so dumb... that it's in a first party 2600 shell and has Atari style labels shows it as a fake.

I suppose the seller is just testing the amount of idiocy out there.

• Like 1

I saw this, and thought "Wow. Someone could actually be fooled by this if they have no idea about Atari stuff." i guess that's what the seller is banking on.

I sent a couple of messages to the seller, with links and photos to prove it's a repro and instead of replying, he sent 2 offers. The first was  $2,000 and when I told him he was crazy, he sent a second offer, $500. He knows what he has isn't worth anything.  He's just a trying to sucker someone who doesn't know any better. 

Edited by RamrodHare
Spelling.
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, davyK said:

Should report him really.

I'm guessing someone has by now, but it's up to eBay to follow through and I don't see that happening. I just hope anyone considering buying it has the sense to do their research first.