SalemFrost7800

My Colecovision Arcade Machine

Hello Everyone, I recently shared my Atari 7800 machine over in the 7800 forum and I wanted to show everyone my ColecoVision Arcade Machine. I am using an “Ultimate ColecoVision Flashback” which is perfect for this project. I plan to buy a Super CV from Edladdin and add some custom side art:

64887721-6742-4E4C-9D0C-38662AEACA1B.jpeg

A42A5B30-C358-41FA-AD1F-30EA2899B09C.jpeg

598CFF63-FFD3-4A12-8723-0AED33A9193F.jpeg

• Like 5

Very nice. You'll need two Super CV controllers for two-player. 😛

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SalemFrost7800 said:

Hello Everyone, I recently shared my Atari 7800 machine over in the 7800 forum and I wanted to show everyone my ColecoVision Arcade Machine. I am using an “Ultimate ColecoVision Flashback” which is perfect for this project. I plan to buy a Super CV from Edladdin and add some custom side art:

64887721-6742-4E4C-9D0C-38662AEACA1B.jpeg

A42A5B30-C358-41FA-AD1F-30EA2899B09C.jpeg

598CFF63-FFD3-4A12-8723-0AED33A9193F.jpeg

looks AWESOME!!  a GREAT idea for you CV

• Like 1

Well assuming you plan on playing it standing/sitting at the cabinet, you should have a custom controller built into a new control panel so that it looks factory made, versus just having a controller sitting on top of the control panel.  But if you plan on playing it sitting away from it, I could understand a controller that could lift off and set in your lap.  

That's really cool!

Very happy to play a future role in this project!

It would cost a little extra, but I think I can build you a "Super Twin CV" if you want a dual stick solution for your 2P control panel.  I think I can even squeeze in the #3 and #4 fire buttons for player 1.   We'll have to measure for the keypad(s).  

Super-Twin-78-00025-a.JPG

• Like 1

Arcade 1 up is definitely a hobbyist's dream come true for those who have the knowledge to modify.

I love seeing cool mods like this!!

How would a kid in 1983 react if his parents put this next to the Christmas tree?!😂

22E42E07-CC26-47BF-9AA1-E00EC56AB0EB.thumb.jpeg.4af9d17738c8d6cce08d1563335acd20.jpeg

Edited by Oldschool80skid

15 hours ago, edladdin said:

That's really cool!

Very happy to play a future role in this project!

It would cost a little extra, but I think I can build you a "Super Twin CV" if you want a dual stick solution for your 2P control panel.  I think I can even squeeze in the #3 and #4 fire buttons for player 1.   We'll have to measure for the keypad(s).  

Super-Twin-78-00025-a.JPG

That would be awesome, I will email you and we can discuss it

Y'know, cabinets like this are really quite cool, and they add an eyeblow-raising wow factor to the decor of any room, but I have to wonder how much playtime these cabinets actually get in reality. I'm sure it gets some good playtime at first, and rightfully so, but after a while, I would expect the cabinet to get less and less play time, and to be unpluged from the wall socket just to save on electricity.

That's the main reason why I don't own such a cabinet, even if I find them appealing. If I had one, I know I wouldn't really play much with it, regardless of the coolness factor, and it would just gather dust in a corner of the room.

22 hours ago, Oldschool80skid said:

Arcade 1 up is definitely a hobbyist's dream come true for those who have the knowledge to modify.

I love seeing cool mods like this!!

How would a kid in 1983 react if his parents put this next to the Christmas tree?!😂

I got the CV for Christmas and about came apart, I couldn't even imagine getting a self contained CV arcade machine

8 hours ago, Pixelboy said:

Y'know, cabinets like this are really quite cool, and they add an eyeblow-raising wow factor to the decor of any room, but I have to wonder how much playtime these cabinets actually get in reality. I'm sure it gets some good playtime at first, and rightfully so, but after a while, I would expect the cabinet to get less and less play time, and to be unpluged from the wall socket just to save on electricity.

That's the main reason why I don't own such a cabinet, even if I find them appealing. If I had one, I know I wouldn't really play much with it, regardless of the coolness factor, and it would just gather dust in a corner of the room.

You are correct, I certainly won't be playing this everyday but when that mood strikes it will be great to turn it on a play without having to run any wires or hooking it up to a tv.