Bmack36

CollectorVision Phoenix Release Thread

10 minutes ago, Swami said:

It takes 5V from a usb wall adapter. It is a switching power supply, but I've used it to power the Roller Controller. It plugs into the same OG ColecoVision power port as the standard OG ColecoVision power supply and the Roller Controller. I assume the Roller Controller just uses the 5V and ground pin of the power supply. Perhaps a direct connection would be more linear and perhaps that is less noisy than a switching power supply. A bit beyond me there.

I'm sure the Roller Controller can be powered via the ColUSB, as it's intended to be used, but I wouldn't attempt to start at the PS/2 port on the Phoenix, to the ColUSB power supply, (via a PS/2 to USB cable) to power a Roller Controller.  The ColUSB might try to draw too much power. 

I am updating my two Phoenixes tonight, I've never done this before and I have a question: Is it best to install the latest SERVICE.PHX file first, or the COREXX.PHX files? Or maybe it doesn't matter in which order I update those components?

Thanks in advance for any help.  :)

14 minutes ago, Pixelboy said:

I am updating my two Phoenixes tonight, I've never done this before and I have a question: Is it best to install the latest SERVICE.PHX file first, or the COREXX.PHX files? Or maybe it doesn't matter in which order I update those components?

Thanks in advance for any help.  :)

I don't believe it matters but I would do the service first as then you can make sure the newer cores took properly

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zaphro72 said:

I don't believe it matters but I would do the service first as then you can make sure the newer cores took properly

This is correct. Updating the service first will allow you to see which version of the cores you have installed and to verify that the core has the right revision after updating.

Updating all done, and I did the service first. Very nice.

By the way, I noticed that my name doesn't appear in the credits of the Phoenix's manual. Less nice...  :(