IGNORED

Looking for paddle & driving controller upgrade

overgrouth

I want a set of paddles as well as a set of driving controllers that might be more comfertable to use for the average person. I know many members dable in hardware upgrades and I am no expert and what woukd be comfertable but I was told by a friend he would like something bigger. Anyone out there willing to tackle this task. I am willing to pay.

Here is the deal. I been playing alot of paddle games and Indy 500 with a friend. We are a good challenge for eachother in Indy 500 except he cramps his hands during gameplay. I love both the paddle and driving controller but it would be nice to be able to have a fair match with people who have problems with it.

Looking for someone who can bounce ideas off of me and has the abulity to manufacture these items.

I actually find the driving controller and paddles to be the perfect size for my hands, but if I were to try to make it bigger for myself, I might try cutting a piece of wood in a circle of desired size and thickness and glue it to an existing paddle controller handle. If you want it really big (like maybe a full size steering wheel), you probably would need to mount the controller to something big and heavy (built out of wood maybe?).

Also realize that a bigger wheel might make it too easy to force the paddle past the left/right stops and accidentally cause damage.

Good luck, and post here if you make something yourself that works out...

I don't necessarily think the size of the paddles/drivers are the issue.

I would think in the heat of the gameplay the tightening of the grip on the paddles is where the fatigue of extended play comes in.

you could try building a base to hold the controller, full sized steering wheels would be cool as well.

On 11/2/2019 at 8:26 PM, chas10e said:

I don't necessarily think the size of the paddles/drivers are the issue.

I would think in the heat of the gameplay the tightening of the grip on the paddles is where the fatigue of extended play comes in.

you could try building a base to hold the controller, full sized steering wheels would be cool as well.

I tried to State the same thing to my friend but he does not seem to get the idea of hold it gently. I do like your thoughts on adding a piece of wood. I could certainly try that. Perhaps go out find some screws that for the paddle but are to long and drill holes in the wood so everything can fit nicely. if not that then perhaps make a hollow section in a plank of wood that the controller fits snug into.

On 11/1/2019 at 5:30 PM, fiddlepaddle said:

I actually find the driving controller and paddles to be the perfect size for my hands, but if I were to try to make it bigger for myself, I might try cutting a piece of wood in a circle of desired size and thickness and glue it to an existing paddle controller handle. If you want it really big (like maybe a full size steering wheel), you probably would need to mount the controller to something big and heavy (built out of wood maybe?).

Also realize that a bigger wheel might make it too easy to force the paddle past the left/right stops and accidentally cause damage.

Good luck, and post here if you make something yourself that works out...

I agree that the size for me is perfect and so much so that I tend to use both hands during game play for example the hand on the dial does the main movements and the heavy movements and where the hand on the base of the controller does the micro movements allowing for majot accuracy.