IGNORED

OmnimonXL 0r Qmegs monitor...Which is better?

Mclaneinc

I used to own a REAL OmnimonXL and Ramrod, now gone like all my original hardware, so I'm used to OmnimonXL for just general cheating stuff and hacking about but now my SyscheckXL/XE has just arrived from Jurgen and I now have all the wonderful benefits of that including multiple OS's. I've seen Qmeg in the past on Altirra and its nice but I never really got in to the monitor.

Being that I only use a percentage of the real use of these things I just wonder what is a better item to do what I'm doing already on Omnimon, are there any feature that make Qmeg better (in the monitor), not had a read of the manual as I've just got the V3 manual the other day.

One shame is that the Qmeg does not see the SD-MAX as an ultraspeed drive which the FASTSIO OS in slot 4 makes up for, would be nice to have a hacked Omnimon with FAST SIO as well :)

I'm only asking about these things as its just arrived so not had a chance to play with Qmeg (which I will) but I trust your opinions and as its ony for mild hacking I'd be keen to hear your thoughts..

Paul...Like a kid at Xmas at the moment but flu ed out of my skull...

Edited by Mclaneinc
Spelling...And its an on topic thread...I'm failing :)
  • Like 1

Actually I thought it had gone missing, was chatting to Jurgen just yesterday saying it was showing as leaving Germany since Tuesday and then last thing it said it had arrived in England last night and then suddenly its here...Still very quick tho..

As for getting one, I think I had the very last XL/XE one (at the moment).

Off to play with Qmeg :)

Though I am still  a noobie to Qmeg (V4) on Syscheck, I've found I like all the extra's it gives you over Omnimon XL, just going by command lists. I've not used either for a monitor, so I can't say which is really better. My plan for the future at this point is to use Qmeg 4's monitor when doing program debugging. I do know that Qmeg V4 is quite different in a lot of ways than V3. I also have the V3 manual and never did find one for V4, but, I do have a list of the commands I copied and pasted somewhere, I'll get them to you, as V3 manual is practically useless. Something else that has struck me into confusion about Qmeg OS's is that in the V3 manual it says that it cuts out what the author considers as useless stuff to make room for the new stuff, like the self-test. But, also on that list of changes is PBI code is removed. I can only assume that V4 Qmeg has the PBI code back in it, since Qmeg V4 is on Syscheck and the PBI is required for syscheck, so I've been guessing the PBI code must be in there...

But the main reason I could see to choosing Qmeg V4 over Omnimon XL is that Qmeg V4 does use extended memory and options for higher speed drives, though I've no idea about SDrive-max with it, maybe Qmeg V4 only works upto 3x (57kbps)?

I can't guarantee this is a complete list of commands, but here is what I have:

Qmeg V4.4 commands

RESET keys:

Shift    coldstart
Option    Basic on (when booting)
Select    enter QMEG menu
Start    XL-mode (when booting)

QMEG menu:

ESC    exit
TAB    toggle warm/cold
A    basic/cartridge off
B    basic on
C    cartridge on
RETURN    enter monitor
SHIFT+Atari    coldstart with OPTION
START+B/C/ESC basic/cartridge restart
CLEAR    default settings
DELETE    XL-mode
<-,->,1..8,SPACE    select drive
N    normal drive (disable speeder)
F    fast drive (enable speeder)
X    ramdisk X
Y    ramdisk Y
O    slow mode
SHIFT+O    absolute slow mode
I    disable slow mode (drive init)
SHIFT+I    reset drive
CTRL+I    disable drive cache
SHIFT+1..8    set boot drive
S    ramdisk X = single density
M    ramdisk X = medium density
D    ramdisk X = double density
K    function keys on/off
E    display list interrupt on/off
V    vertical blank sync on/off
G    generate DOS2.5 ramdisk on/off
L    list directory
;    list directory (with 1050 density test)

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

I only have experience with Qmeg when it comes to Omnimon or Qmeg. Have been using Qmeg for quite some years (today I only use stock OS in combination with TurboFreezer). I must say Qmeg is excellent. Of course it is not 100% compatible with all a8 software, but without having this investigated enough I am pretty sure that 99% of all software (if not more) will run. All the bells and whistles (including a freezer feature!) are really awesome. Some of the strongest and most appreciated features were the ability of being able to boot from another drive #. (So I could boot from Drive 2 if I wanted)... and the fact that you could also boot from RAMDISK (how cool is that?!)

What @Gunstar says is correct. in V4 the PBI routines are back, which is perfect for use with BlackBox and other PBI devices. One thing though: I believe it does not play well with SpartaDos X, and I also had some minor issues with BBS PRO!Fessional and the RS232 buffer handling (which did not work as expected).

If I had to move back to a smaller configuration, without U1MB and/or without Turbo Freezer I would definitely pick Qmeg again. 

• Like 1

As far as SDX compatibility, it seemed to work ok for me, in my own basic testing of the OS, but I did have to choose whether I wanted Qmeg to handle ramdisks and high-speed or SDX, and set that stuff up in SDX appropriately so they would not step on each other's toes so to speak. BUT, I don't recall if that testing I did was with Qmeg v3 on my 32-in-1 or if I did it with v4 off the Syscheck, since I have both available.

Edited by Gunstar

On a side note I just wish that Qmeg would play nice with fast sio, its got the options but only for a real drive it seems U seems to do nothing so I presume its looking to read from the drives status??

Thanks for the 4 instructions, I was just about to post this, its a Google translated Polish Wiki from here (to be fair to the people who wrote it..)

http://atariki.krap.pl/index.php/QMEG_OS

The translation is understandable enough to use...

Qmeg + OS ver. 4.04 - user manual

[ Edit ]

Admission

Qmeg "+" is the new version (v. 4) of the known operating system for small Atari. Qmeg is a system highly compatible with the standard Atari system, and offers many useful and convenient options. Most of the functions are the same as in the older version - v. 3. Please note that all versions signed by Gumi / Tight are still version v. 3 (with minor modifications), even if they display "version 4.x "! The author of Qmega is German, Stefan Dorndorf.

Qmeg is on 16 KB EPROM, which replaces the standard ROM. A useful thing is the systems switch - there is always the possibility that a poorly written program will not go with the modified system.

I got this system from the network, without the original instructions. All the information contained herein comes from my own experience (some also from a brief description in Serious magazine ). Certainly this manual is not complete, so people who have any information about this system are asking for info! When writing this article, I assumed that the reader already has some idea about Qmegu v. 3.

[ Edit ]

What's new Qmeg is not

• Lack of full tape recorder (C :). It is replaced by Cas-simulator (read only, cannot boot from cassette).
  • No international character set (all attempts to refer to it (poke 756,204) will be ignored by the system - the standard set will be restored.
  • No self-test.
[ Edit ]

What is missing compared to version 3

• No ramdisk C (it is not possible to start DOS via Control + Caps in the menu).
  • There is no blinking cursor.
  • No write protection for Ramdisk (P in the menu).
  • No possibility to jump under the user vector through the combination of Control + 8.
  • There are probably no printer procedures (additional PIA ).
  • Does not work with Tight Tools Packed .
[ Edit ]

What's new Qmeg has compared to v. 3

• Settings for each station 1-8 (not just 1-4 and 8).
  • Automatic recognition of the afterburner type in the station (it also recognizes more of them).
  • Ability to boot from any station 1-8.
  • Function keys a'la 1200XL .
  • Function keys for station configuration 1.
  • Hot / cold reset switch.
  • The Qmega loader in the menu also loads and runs programs in BASIC .
  • The loader recognizes 360 kB and 720 kB densities in MyDOS format and its subdirectories.
  • It allows interrupt protection in the area of $ 4000- $ 7fff during i / o operations on ramdisk.
  • Ability to disable all Qmega functions (except combinations with Reset and mini-freezer).
  • The Select + Reset combination takes control of each cartridge.
  • Mini-freezer, freezing for additional memory.
  • Mini-freezer for rooms.
  • MLM includes a sector editor, you can also view the memory under ROM and XMS.

The new Qmeg also includes (unlike the old) " New Devices " operating procedures - devices connected to the parallel bus, so it works with e.g. hard disk interfaces or Karin Maxi stations .

[ Edit ]

The appearance of the new Qmega

By booting the computer with the Select key pressed you will probably see something like this:

Qmeg + OS 4.04 (c) '97 S. Dorndorf

QMEGMENU

------------------------------------------

Cold | Drive 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 XY | EDI KEY

Ram Mode   F F F F F X Y Y  SS | G25 VBS

------------------------------------------

Let's start from the left side of the screen.

The word Cold informs that after a reset the system will boot cold + boot. When the word Warm is here - only a warm reset will occur.

The status of the $ 8000- $ bfff area is shown below. 'Ram' means RAM is on there, 'Bas' means BASIC on, 'Car' - an external cartridge inserted into the socket. keys:

• Tab - toggles the Cold / Warm reset.
  • A - includes RAM in the $ 8000- $ bfff area.
  • B - enables BASIC.
  • C - turns on the external cartridge.
  • Start + A - enables RAM and starts DOS if it is in memory.
  • Start + B - enables and starts Basic, provided it is in DOS memory, or a program in BASIC. Unfortunately, BASIC itself cannot be run this way (?). If there is a BASIC program in memory, it will start automatically.
  • Start + C - starts the cartridge.
[ Edit ]

Middle of menu - I / O operations

Here you can see the configuration of all stations and both ramdisks. Keyboard controls:

• Space, +, * - move the cursor - select drive 1-8 to configure.
  • 1 - 8 - direct drive selection.
  • N - sets the normal station for the selected drive.
  • F - sets the station to turbo. Turbo type is automatically recognized. Qmeg supports the following standards (and compatible with them):
  • Speedy (Ultra Speed),
  • Happy Warp (Warp and Ultra Speed),
  • 1050 Turbo (Turbo Drive),
  • US-Doubler (Ultra Speed),
  • XF551 (High Speed).

Stations with the TOMS Multi Drive extension will work at Ultra Speed. If the station does not support any of these systems, then Qmeg will switch its setting to normal automatically during the next i / o, so you no longer need to manually switch.

• X - sets the X ramdisk for the selected station.
  • Y - sets the Y ramdisk for the selected station.

If you set ramdisk for drive 1, you can boot from it.

• Shift + 1 - 8 - lets you choose which station you want to boot from. The selected station is exchanged with station number 1 and seen as 1.
  • S - sets both Ramdis (X and Y) to single density (designation: "S S").
  • M - sets ramdisk X to medium density, and ramdisk Y to incomplete single (designation: "M E").
  • D - sets ramdisk X to double density, ramdisk Y has no (designation: "D -").
  • R - copy selected drive to ramdisk X.
  • W - copy the X ramdisk to the selected drive.

After selecting R or W, the message Read or Write and the number of the station selected for reading / writing will appear. Then press:

• Start - to format the destination disk (drive or ramdisk) before copying.
  • Select - to copy without formatting.

If an i / o error occurs, a message will appear with the error number and the sector number in which the error occurred (both in hex). We can then choose the options:

• Start - try to read / write sector again.
  • Select - skip sector.
  • Option - stop copying.

The content of the copied sector is shown on the screen (in screen codes). The R / W option can be used as a copy, or to boot a program from ramdisk. You can also copy between ramdisks.

• Shift + R - load a programmed file from disk / ramdisk.
  • Shift + W - recording a free program on disk / ramdisk.

In both options above, we proceed in the same way as for R / W. The letter 'F' appears with the Read / Write message.

• O - For Happy Warp and Speedy drives - disable high speed transmission (slow mode). The same key in combination with Shift enables the "absolute slow" mode, which means blocking station extensions until it is physically reset.
  • I - Inverse function to O. Initiates Happy Warp or Speedy stations and returns to fast transmission, but does not exit "absolute slow" mode - for this you need Shift + I, which causes the station to reset corresponding to turning it off and on again.
  • Ctrl + I - on Speedy stations, clears the internal buffer (cache).
  • L or; - dir / load. Each subsequent press shows the next 8 files from the directory of the selected diskette. The disk density is indicated on the right. The load function also supports double-sided density floppy disks and MyDOS format. You can also use MyDOS subdirectories! Pressing keys 1 - 8 will load and run the program or enter the subdirectory. The machine program to be started must be in Atari DOS format (two bytes $ ff at the beginning). The loader also loads and runs programs in BASIC (it is turned on automatically). The program must be tokenized (recorded with the SAVE instruction, listing in ATASCIIrecorded by LIST are not loaded!). If necessary, the XF551 station will be switched to the correct density (after pressing L Qmeg reads additionally a single sector from the first path to set the density, this function can be blocked by reading the catalog with; - the only difference in the operation of these two keys). You can also load programs by pressing 1 - 8 in combination with Shift. In this case, the BASIC interpreter's state is not changed and the memory is not cleared before loading the program (useful for binary files requiring BASIC to be enabled).
  • Shift + L /; - as above - Quad density support with BiboDOS or Turbo-DOS. In place of disk density 'Q'.
[ Edit ]

Right side of the menu - special options

These are the options: KEY, EDI, G25, VBS.

• KEY - enabled by default, allows the use of Qmega function keys in the system editor.
  • EDI - off by default. This option is significant during i / o operations on ramdisk. Enabled allows the use of DLI during i / o. Disabling it prevents hanging during loading of programs containing e.g. headlamp (during loading) using DLI interrupts. If the routine handling these interrupts is accidentally placed in the $ 4000- $ 7fff area, the system may crash when accessing extended memory.
  • G25 - Makes ramdisk X (standard 130k capacity) compatible with the ramdisk assumed by DOS 2.5 (128k capacity).
  • VBS - off by default. This option is significant during i / o operations on ramdisk. Enabled synchronizes access to ramdisks with VBL interrupts . This results in a significant slowdown in loading from ramdisks (50 sectors / sec). Limits screen flickering during i / o operations if the image is placed in the $ 4000- $ 7fff area. It also protects against system hangs, similar to EDI for DLI interrupts.

Turning on EDI, G25 and VBS slows down Ramdisk approximately 3 times. Proper setting of these options, however, allows you to run some programs that will not go without it, moreover, it usually prevents "telepicking" the screen and various other "bushes" during transmission.

[ Edit ]

Other

• Esc - returns to DOS if it is in memory, provided that the reset switch is set to Warm. If it is in the Cold position, boot will occur.
  • Shift + Inverse - "controlled" cold start, i.e. boot without a full cold reset (eg without checking the Start and Option keys).
  • Return - jump to Mashine Language Monitor, MLM version 2.3 is handled in the same way as version 2.1 in Qmegu v. 3.
  • Bk Sp - clears the Qmega settings table and blocks its function (except combinations with the reset button, Cold / Warm switch, mini-freezer and MLM). Special options are inactive, '-' appears in the place of station and ramdisk settings. Of course, the stations work only in normal, there are no Ramdisks.
  • <- Restores Qmega functions and sets the array to its initial values.
[ Edit ]

Combinations with the reset button

• Reset - causes a warm / cold start, depending on the Qmega setting. Works standard.
  • Select + Reset - go to the Qmega menu. Takes control of every cartridge!
  • Shift + Reset - cold start.
  • Start + Reset - block the Qmega function (checked only at cold start).
  • Option + Reset - enable Basic (checked only at cold start).
[ Edit ]

Functional system keys

The following combinations work in MLM, DOS and in utilities, provided the ROM is not disconnected and the system keyboard interrupt is not locked.

• Control + 4 - tap of the on / off key.
  • Control + 5 - slow / normal autorepetation.
  • Control + 6 - turns off the screen. Turn on with any key. The restore key is not masked, so I suggest Ctrl + Shft + A.
  • Control + 7 - cursor on the left edge of the screen.
  • Control + 8 - cursor on the right edge of the screen.
  • Control + 9 - cursor on the top edge of the screen.
  • Control + 0 - cursor on the bottom of the screen.
  • Shift + Control + N - station # 1 normal.
  • Shift + Control + F - station # 1 turbo.
  • Shift + Control + / - ramdisk X as station # 1.
  • Shift + Control + Inverse - ramd. Y as station # 1.
[ Edit ]

Mini freezer for "poke"

This function always works if ROM is not turned off. Even if the keyboard is locked!

Control + Help - entry to freezer. The program is freezed (stopped) so as not to spoil anything. We must therefore introduce Poke 'blindly'. We enter them in hexadecimal format: xxxxyy - where: xxxx - address, yy - byte.

• 0 - 9, A - F - entering rooms.
  • Bk Sp - erase the last digit.
  • Clear - erases the entire input.
  • Return - confirms the entry.
  • Space - turn off the sound.
  • Help - exit from freezer.

To avoid mistakes, keyboard auto-recuperation is turned off. Also for ease and hearing orientation when entering pokes, each entered number and function is confirmed by a short beep. A long squeak means that we have entered something not in accordance with the required format. A space other than turning off the sound does nothing else, so you can use it to separate the address from the byte (although you don't need to). Only the sound is muted, other POKEY registers are not touched, so that when you return to the program the sound does not spoil.

[ Edit ]

Mini-freezer, freezing for additional memory

A minimum of 64 KB XMS is required to use this feature . To use the freezer, press (same as when you want to enter poki) Control + Help. The program is stopped and we have the following keys at our disposal:

• Control + S - freeing running program on additional memory ('save').
  • Control + L - load and run the programmed ('load') program.
  • Control + E - both above at once, i.e. replacing the running program with the free one (the current one is free); 'exchange').

These functions exit the mini-freezer at the same time, so you don't have to press the Help key. In the system menu we can write the programmed disk to disk (Shift + W) or read it (Shift + R).

Qmeg uses the banks used by ramdisk X to program the program. When recording the programmed program to disk, it must be formatted in the same density as the ramdisk X (or in which it will be formatted, depending on whether you press Start or Select). The same applies to recording on ramdisk Y. However, you can change the format of ramdisk X also when we have a program on it - it does not cause trouble in the operation of freezer (and disk options), and even more so data loss.

So if you don't want to spoil the ramdisk Y loading from the disk, you change the Ramdisk X format to the same density as the recorded disk, load without reformatting the ramdisk (Select instead of Start), and restore the previous setting after loading. Since the freezed program only takes 64 KB, the Y ramdisk will not be damaged, even if we read from disk in double! Of course, provided that we load via 'Shift + R', not 'R' itself - these commands are interchangeable to some extent!

There may be problems defrosting some poorly written programs that are messy (non-standard) using hardware registers. Such problems may also occur when the program uses hardware registers that are only writeable (cannot be read). For example, two games started alternately (Control + E) use sprites differently.

[ Edit ]

Settings table

The Qmega setup table takes 11 bytes. Here are some of them:

The drive configuration takes 8 bytes. It is in the same place as in Qmegu v. 3 and is compatible with it. The 'F' status in Qmegu v. 4 corresponds to the 'U' status in Qmegu v. 3 The table is from $ 03f0 - one byte for each station. The following values are allowed:

• $ 00 - normal station ('N').
  • $ 01 - turbo station ('F').
  • $ 02 - Ramdisk X ('X').
  • $ 03 - Ramdish Y ('Y').

Ramdisks configuration takes one byte at address $ 03ed. It is not compatible with Qmeg v. 3 (located elsewhere). The left nibbl stands for the X ramdisk format. Ramdisk Y is determined.

• $ 0x - X single (Y single, "S S")
  • $ 8x - X medium (Y incomplete (64kB) single, "M E").
  • $ 2x - X double (Y - none, "D -").

The right nibbl sets special options in the Qmega menu. Each bit corresponds to one option. Standard is here:

% 0 0 0 1

/  | |   \

VBS / \ KEY

G25 EDI

[ Edit ]

Banks used by Ramdsk

On a computer with 1088 KB (Rambo) and 576 KB (Compy Shop), ramdisk double uses the following banks:

EF EB E7 E3

AF AB A7 (A3 is not used)

6F 6B 67 63

Since the extension to 1088 kB exhausts all possible combinations, so also owners of other (smaller) sizes should find data in banks with these numbers.

[ Edit ]

At the end

As I said at the beginning, I had to work out this system myself and certainly this manual is not complete. In particular, it has the following vulnerabilities:

• I haven't worked out: the sector editor (it should be in MLM), how to view and change XMS memory and under ROM,
  • I haven't worked out all the bytes of the settings table yet.

Maybe I haven't found any other functions yet. If someone finds any functions that I do not consider, they can dispel doubts or correct any errors, finally send any comments, ideas, comments to me (address in the magazine's footer) or to Vaska.

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not familiar with Qmeg, but that option "F" for turbo mode - you guys say it does not work with Sdrive-MAX? The Sdrive-MAX might need to be set to a divisior compatible with Happy/USD/Speedy which is 10 ($A) or 9, otherwise maybe it doesn't recognize it properly.

Maybe Qmeg only supports specific divisors - for example, The AtariMax Warp OS highspeed works with divisor 10 (Happy, US Doubler) - and falls back to standard speed with a Speedy (divisor 9). Apparently the CSS ultraspeed OS also blindly only works with divisor 10.

So try setting the Sdrive-MAX to divisor 10 ($A) with the turbo mode on and see if it works.

I don't think OmniMon can be (easily) patched for HSIO since most of the reclaimable OS ROM space has already been repurposed for monitor code...

• Like 1

And now its working in super fast SIO on the SD-MAX in Qmeg mode????

I must admit I was slightly confused with the dip switch settings, because they are white I was looking at the diagram in the PDF and thinking the white blocks in that were the switched when its the black blocks :)

Must have done something...Anyway its blazing along in qmeg mode now...Sorry for the confusion, the SD-MAX was set fine although initially I didn't spot that when you saved the cfg that you needed to press the U L and other key if you wanted those options saved as well :)

Any how, Alphatraum went in like a lightening bolt, shame I don't speak German :)

Lol...Arkanoid....ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip...loaded..

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

And now its working in super fast SIO on the SD-MAX in Qmeg mode????

I must admit I was slightly confused with the dip switch settings, because they are white I was looking at the diagram in the PDF and thinking the white blocks in that were the switched when its the black blocks :)

Must have done something...Anyway its blazing along in qmeg mode now...Sorry for the confusion, the SD-MAX was set fine although initially I didn't spot that when you saved the cfg that you needed to press the U L and other key if you wanted those options saved as well :)

Any how, Alphatraum went in like a lightening bolt, shame I don't speak German :)

Lol...Arkanoid....ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip...loaded..

Fantastic, good to know!

2 things I quickly learnt tonight, DON'T make a whole a - z folder for the SD-MAX unless you like delays in picking files :)

And loading CAR files makes the machine crash :)

(I knew it would not work with them but it let you pick them :)  )

And lastly, why do people make ogg files rather than a straight cas?  Why ogg as well, why not wav, ok ogg is lossless iirc but nothing loads it directly. Not a moan, just wondering...

Still can't over this loading speed, ok Altirra does it but on real hardware, its a buzz :)  Happy warp speed is fast but this is supersonic :)

PS Can't recommend this Syscheck enough, Jurgens a lovely guy to deal with and this board is great, Syscheck is a bit miss-leading, while it does that very nicely the 512K and multi OS's is just spot on, big thank you to FJC for pointing me this way..Ta sir, owe you a virtual beverage or a real hand shake if us UK peeps ever meet up..

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 2

My Qmeg Man for SpartaDos x and U1M.

RESET KEYS:

SHIFT    COLDSTART
OPTION   BASIC ON (WHEN BOOTING)
SELECT   ENTER QMEG MENU
START    XL-MODE (WHEN BOOTING)

QMEG MENU:

ESC      EXIT
TAB      TOGGLE WARM/COLD
A        BASIC/CARTRIDGE OFF
B        BASIC ON
C        CARTRIDGE ON
RETURN   ENTER MONITOR
SHIFT+ATARI    COLDSTART WITH OPTION
START+B/C/ESC    BASIC/CARTRIDGE RESTART
CLEAR    DEFAULT SETTINGS
DELETE   XL-MODE
<-,->,1..8,SPACE    SELECT DRIVE
N        NORMAL DRIVE (DISABLE SPEEDER)
F        FAST DRIVE (ENABLE SPEEDER)
X        RAMDISK X
Y        RAMDISK Y
O        SLOW MODE
SHIFT+O  ABSOLUTE SLOW MODE
I        DISABLE SLOW MODE (DRIVE INIT)
SHIFT+I  RESET DRIVE
CTRL+I   DISABLE DRIVE CACHE
SHIFT+1..8    SET BOOT DRIVE
S        RAMDISK X = SINGLE DENSITY
M        RAMDISK X = MEDIUM DENSITY
D        RAMDISK X = DOUBLE DENSITY
K        FUNCTION KEYS ON/OFF
E        DISPLAY LIST INTERRUPT ON/OFF
V        VERTICAL BLANK SYNC ON/OFF
G        GENERATE DOS2.5 RAMDISK ON/OFF
L        LIST DIRECTORY
;        LIST DIRECTORY (WITH 1050 DENSITY TEST)
R        COPY DISK TO RAMDISK X
W    COPY RAMDISK X TO DISK
SHIFT+R  READ FROZEN PROGRAM FROM DISK
SHIFT+W  WRITE FROZEN PROGRAM TO DISK

FUNCTION KEYS:
SHIFT+HELP    FUNCTION KEYS ON/OFF
CTRL+4   KEY CLICK ON/OFF
CTRL+5   CURSOR SLOW/FAST
CTRL+6   DISPLAY ON/OFF
CTRL+7   CURSOR START OF LINE
CTRL+8   CURSOR END OF LINE
CTRL+9   CURSOR HOME
CTRL+0   CURSOR BOTTOM
CTRL+SHIFT+N    D1: NORMAL
CTRL+SHIFT+F    D1: FAST
CTRL+SHIFT+/    D1: RAMDISK X
CTRL+SHIFT+ATARI    D1: RAMDISK Y

FREEZER KEYS:

CTRL+HELP    ENTER/EXIT FREEZER
SPACE    DISABLE SOUND
CTRL+S   SAVE SNAPSHOT TO RAMDISK X
CTRL+L   LOAD SNAPSHOT FROM RAMDISK X
CTRL+E   SWAP WITH RAMDISK X
SHIFT+S  SAVE SNAPSHOT TO RAMDISK Y
SHIFT+L  LOAD SNAPSHOT FROM RAMDISK Y
SHIFT+E  SWAP WITH RAMDISK Y
HELP     EXIT FREEZER
6 HEX NUMBERS  (4 DIGITS ADDRESS, 2 DIGITS VALUE) + RETURN: CHANGE MEMORY
    ADDRESS
DELETE   DELETE LAST HEX DIGIT
CLEAR    DELETE ALL HEX DIGITS

MACHINE LANGUAGE MONITOR:

N        RESTART
Q        QUIT
H        HEX MODE ON
Z        DECIMAL MODE ON
#NUMBER  DECIMAL NUMBER
$NUMBER  HEX NUMBER
ADR      HEX/DEC + ATASCII DUMP
ADR;     HEX/DEC + ATASCII DUMP
ADR"     ATASCII DUMP
ADR'     SCREEN CODE DUMP
ADRL     DISASSEMBLER

ALTERNATIVE ADDRESSING MODES:

ADR1.ADR2    ADDRESS RANGE
ADR.     128 BYTES ADDRESS RANGE
*ADR     ADDRESS RANGE ADR...$FFFF
        PRINT DATA (USE AS A PREFIX)
ADR=     HEX+DEC DISPLAY OF ADR
ADR1+ADR2, ADR1-ADR2    CALCULATE SUM/DIFFERENCE
=        SHOW ADDRESS COUNTER
ADR;XXX  CHANGE MEMORY (BYTE/WORD)
ADR"XXX  CHANGE MEMORY (ATASCII)
ADR'XXX  CHANGE MEMORY (SCREEN CODE)
ADR1.ADR2 M ADR3   MOVE ADR1..ADR2 TO ADR3
ADR1.ADR2 V ADR3   COMPARE MEMORY
ADR1.ADR2=BYTE     FILL MEMORY
ADR1.ADR2;XXX      SEARCH BYTES/WORDS
ADR1.ADR2"XXX      SEARCH ATASCII
ADR1.ADR2'XXX      SEARCH SCREEN CODE
ADR<SECNO.COUNT    READ SECTORS FROM DISK
ADR>SECNO.COUNT    WRITE SECTORS TO DISK

R        SHOW CPU REGISTERS
W=BYTE   CHANGE A
X=BYTE   CHANGE X
Y=BYTE   CHANGE Y
P=BYTE   CHANGE FLAG REGISTER
M=BYTE   CHANGE PORTB ($D301)
ADR GO   START PROGRAM

• Like 4

Thanks all for the help..

I'm veering back to OmnimonXL simply because I'm so familiar with it and nothing else, its sort of the trying to teach an old dog new tricks kind of thing BUT I'll still play around with Qmeg just to see if it hooks me...

Actually had some really good fun with the real hardware in the last couple of days, been so so busy with all the dementia based stuff its been a real mini holiday and got me right back in to the Atari where I was waning a little.

Thanks for helping me get there..