IGNORED

Eprom for Geneve SCSI Booting

9640News

Tony Knerr released a SCSI Boot Eprom years ago.  I do not see the eprom image on WHT and I have not found it on YahooGroups.

Does anyone have the image I can burn?  I looked at Arcadeshopper thinking I may be able to order an eprom, however, all the eproms for ordering have seemed to disappeared, or I am not looking in the right location.

Preferably, if someone has the image or can point me to where it is, it would be appreciated as I can burn my own eproms.

Beery

Tony Knerr released a SCSI Boot Eprom years ago.  I do not see the eprom image on WHT and I have not found it on YahooGroups.

Does anyone have the image I can burn?  I looked at Arcadeshopper thinking I may be able to order an eprom, however, all the eproms for ordering have seemed to disappeared, or I am not looking in the right location.

Preferably, if someone has the image or can point me to where it is, it would be appreciated as I can burn my own eproms.

Beery

You aren't looking in the right location

https://www.arcadeshopper.com/wp/?page_id=11#!/Hummingbird-Eeprom/p/33994194/category=12497082

Also unless it's the same as the v1 eprom it's not in the list.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Once you get it booting with Tony's version of SCSI/SYS I'll email you an updated file that allows you to turn CRC on/off; it also employs a table-driven CRC routine I added to the Geneve OS CRC check utility. Thus bootup is a but faster as Shift838 can attest.  (I thought I posted v2.5 in the forums but the search engine isn't finding it).

Anyway, my platter and SCSI2SD device that contain the IDE/SYS and SCSI/SYS code were partially corrupted by MDOS 7.00 (presumably) fortunately I have copies on floppy for when I can put my own system back together. I also made a dump of the image to PC but it isn't the final rev.

10 minutes ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

Excellent work. 

Hmm, now that I think about it the updated SCIS/SYS executable might be on the Heatwave BBS platter that I had to retire (and the reason file transfers are offline).   If Shift838 has a copy and wants to share here that's fine. I'll scout around this week as time permits.

No hurry Tim as I know you are busy.  Today is my day off this week, so doing some posting here documenting things, etc.