IGNORED

TOS 1.04 US 2 Chip 28 pin Available (New Old Stock)

B&C Computer Visions (myatari.com) has them after I pointed out they were missing from their webstore on eBay.

Direct to eBay Auction

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rainbow-TOS-1-4-1-04-US-for-the-Atari-Mega-ST-520-1040ST-2-Chip-Mask-ROM-ICs/133230528296?hash=item1f05288728:g:okYAAOSwn~tdwdit

B&C Computer Visions (myatari) on Ebay

http://www.ebaystores.com/Atari-Sales-and-Service

Reasons to buy it

1. New Old Stock from Atari OEM

2. 28 Pin ROMS, not modified 32 pin Eproms.

3. Most people do not have an eprom burner.

To me, $40 is worth it.

Brad Koda from Best wants $60.  It is a good price as the 28 pin eproms of any size are getting harder to find.

Hey guys a 1.04 machine not pp improved has the clock bug.. but looking around I cant find a tos patch .. I thought it was just patched in TOS? or is it up to the individual software?   Control panel reports year 28.  I am using an UltraSatan.. used MEGASTE most of time and this is fixed.. I thought I knew this. 

James

On 11/6/2019 at 5:04 PM, SoulBuster said:

Reasons to buy it

1. New Old Stock from Atari OEM

2. 28 Pin ROMS, not modified 32 pin Eproms.

3. Most people do not have an eprom burner.

To me, $40 is worth it.

Brad Koda from Best wants $60.  It is a good price as the 28 pin eproms of any size are getting harder to find.

I offered original 2 28 pin German TOS 1.04 ROMs on Atari.de forum for 20 Euros and that was too much for them - still not sold. Offered here same, just UK v. for that money, and nothing. So, it seems that price is really high, for me.

Modified 32-pin EPROMs ? You don't modify EPROMs, just use intermediate sockets.

Surely most people have no burner, that's why need to send programmed chips.

And: I sell double capacity chips:  6x 27C512 (still available) with TOS 1.04i (lot of work in it) + some other TOS in other half by wish for 38 Euros + shipping (less than 18 $) .

Adding TOS switch to it is really simple. And it fits in all ST, Mega ST - all them have place and logic for 6 chip TOS . While you can not put 2x 28 chip TOS in early STs without extra logic chip.

Best is really not known for best prices (I mean best for buyers) ?

• Thanks 1

I get why it looks expensive.  I have noticed that items for sale in the EU, to me, are less expensive than here in the states.  That could be why it looks more expensive to those purchasing your ROMS from the EU.

I had thought about making purchases for the less expensive items from the EU, but then changing it over to a US power supply makes them about the same price between the two.  So I just look for stuff in the US.

When I said modified 32 pin eproms: I have seen the upgrades to be able to use the 32pin eproms to make them work. Bent pins, soldering wires, etc.  These just plug in and done.  I bought the 2 chip set for a NOS Mega 4 motherboard.  The old board did not boot (probably a memory problem, stacked chips) and had 6 TOS chips.  When I got the new board, it was already set for 2 chips, so the search began.  I could have soldered in 4 additional socket and converted it back to 6 chips, but I thought I would just go with the 2 chips, if I could find them.  In any case, I did not want to use the 32 pin chip upgrade.  Not that I could not make the mod, but preferred not to.

BTW got those 2 chips last night at a meet up with Bruce from B&C Computervisions, plugged them in and the Mega 4 is now completed and running.

You may or may not know this:
Bruce told me the story behind why Atari changed TOS 1.4 to 1.04. When the STE came out it had TOS 1.6, then a version update to 1.62. Atari decided since there were two digits after the decimal point there should be two digits on TOS 1.4, so they changed it to 1.04 to conform with the new versioning they were using.

Edited by SoulBuster
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/8/2019 at 3:39 AM, ParanoidLittleMan said:

I offered original 2 28 pin German TOS 1.04 ROMs on Atari.de forum for 20 Euros and that was too much for them - still not sold. Offered here same, just UK v. for that money, and nothing. So, it seems that price is really high, for me.

Modified 32-pin EPROMs ? You don't modify EPROMs, just use intermediate sockets.

Surely most people have no burner, that's why need to send programmed chips.

And: I sell double capacity chips:  6x 27C512 (still available) with TOS 1.04i (lot of work in it) + some other TOS in other half by wish for 38 Euros + shipping (less than 18 $) .

Adding TOS switch to it is really simple. And it fits in all ST, Mega ST - all them have place and logic for 6 chip TOS . While you can not put 2x 28 chip TOS in early STs without extra logic chip.

Best is really not known for best prices (I mean best for buyers) ?

I know this very old post, but do you still have the original 2 28 pin UK TOS 1.04 ROMs?

Edited by Chr0mak3y

12 hours ago, Chr0mak3y said:

I know this very old post, but do you still have the original 2 28 pin UK TOS 1.04 ROMs?

No. What have yet:  German 1.02 and 1.04 in 2-2 chips. Ge. 1.62 in 2 28 pin ROMs . Actually all it is in ROMs, not EPROMs.

Can send only 6 chip variant of UK . In 6x 27C512, where 2 TOS versions fit. Switch is not mandatory (at start). It can be even like 1.04 and 1.02.

Recommend to look this page: http://atari.8bitchip.info/TOS/TOSdep.html

It can be even regular 1.04 and Line-F less 1.04. 35 Eur. incl. shipping.

3 hours ago, ParanoidLittleMan said:

No. What have yet:  German 1.02 and 1.04 in 2-2 chips. Ge. 1.62 in 2 28 pin ROMs . Actually all it is in ROMs, not EPROMs.

Can send only 6 chip variant of UK . In 6x 27C512, where 2 TOS versions fit. Switch is not mandatory (at start). It can be even like 1.04 and 1.02.

Recommend to look this page: http://atari.8bitchip.info/TOS/TOSdep.html

It can be even regular 1.04 and Line-F less 1.04. 35 Eur. incl. shipping.

Thank you. Maybe when my soldering skills get better I will attempt to install 6 chips