IGNORED

What's your favorite game by 20th Century Fox?

BONEMAN

• 4 years later...

Old thread I know, but I was going to ask the same thing and found this so I'll just reply.

20th Century Fox games were some of the best on the 2600 in my opinion. From the cool box design to the unique concepts, they offered, I don't know that I could pick a favorite because there are so many great ones.

Alien = Pac-Man clone better than the official one we were given.

Beany Bopper = Random playfield, unique gameplay. Loved this one right away and loved the full color art on the box. The same goes for Fast Eddie and WW1. Deadly Duck though was just Ok to me even back in the day. 

M.A.S.H. = Two Player Vs action with multiple play fields and great music, plus you could play against the CPU. Another favorite.

Mega Force = Loved the movie and I love a game based on a movie. This was super cool. I find it really difficult these days but likes it as a kid.

Porky's = I watched a news segment on our local news channel in Virginia on the creation of this game (Remember when Atari used to make the local news, they were probably trying to spin the tale how video games were ruining lives by turning R rated movies into kid's games) Having seen the movie on HBO I knew I had to have this game. It was AWESOME at the time. I could beat the game easily, and thought it was unique and fun. That shower scene!! 

Revenge of the Beefsteak Tomato's = Unique gameplay based on B movies. Two things I love.

Turmoil = A simplified version of Tempest. Another fav. So fast, and fun, easy to pick up and play. 

Not sure I could pick one, but I know the one I was most excited about back in the day was Porky's (Yeah I'm a perv)

16 hours ago, moycon said:

Mega Force = Loved the movie and I love a game based on a movie. This was super cool. I find it really difficult these days but likes it as a kid.

Heya Moycon! Long time, no see! Completely my fault for letting life get in the way, but I've finally gotten a job that provides a decent work/life balance, and I'm able to enjoy a little Atari time again. I completely agree with you here. Maybe I could see those tiny little missles a bit better as a kid, but yeah - there does seem to be more than a few cheap deaths with this one. 

Turmoil is the best.  The next best ones from them in no particular order are Flash Gordon, SpaceMaster X-7, Fast Eddie, Worm War 1, Bank Heist, Alien, Fantastic Voyage and the unreleased prototypes Meltdown and The Alligator People

Edited by insertclevernamehere
Forgot one. And another one. So many good games.