I've just installed this as a complete beginner and am testing it out with the Hello World example.  I ran into a few issues:

• I needed to add C:\colecodev\bin to my PATH (via Environment Variables) to get it to work in Windows 10.  It wasn't clear to me in the Wiki instructions that this needed to be done.
  • The build_pvcollib.bat didn't work until I did the above.  Is this step still necessary as the lib folder does already include collib.lib and crtcol.rel ?
  • When making the Hello World example I get an error.  The output is as follows:
    > "make" 
    Compiling C to .rel ... helloworld.c
    sdcc -mz80 -c -I/c/PVcollib//include -I/c/PVcollib/devkitcol/include --std-c99 --opt-code-size --fverbose-asm --max-allocs-per-node 20000 --vc   -I/usr/coleco-examples/helloworld/  helloworld.c
    Linking ... helloworld.rom
    sdcc -mz80 --no-std-crt0  --code-loc 0x8048 --data-loc 0x7000   /c/PVcollib//lib/collib.lib /c/PVcollib//lib/crtcol.rel  helloworld.rel 
    sdobjcopy -R .sec5 -I ihex -O binary --pad-to 0xffff --gap-fill 0xff crtcol.ihx helloworld.rom
    /bin/sh: grep: command not found
    "make": *** [/usr/coleco-examples/helloworld/helloworld.rom] Error 127

Despite the above error, the helloworld.rom is created and does work.

The grep command is only to present you the size of CODE, DATA segments. It seems that you do not have it on your computer, I will add it to the minimal command package I zipped with the installation.

It is strange that you need to add bin directory to your path, I do not have this issue with my Win XP virtual machine ...

15 hours ago, alekmaul said:

The grep command is only to present you the size of CODE, DATA segments. It seems that you do not have it on your computer, I will add it to the minimal command package I zipped with the installation.

It is strange that you need to add bin directory to your path, I do not have this issue with my Win XP virtual machine ...

Yeah, I don't have grep on my computer.  I'm guessing the optional Unix package you suggest would have installed it but I opted to not do that.

I'm on Windows 10 64-bit but to be honest didn't pay that close attention to exactly what I did to get it working.  I guess if I have to reinstall in the future I'll pay closer attention and confirm if that path statement is definitely needed or not.  Windows 10 is a strange and fickle beast.

Edited by Ikrananka