IGNORED

If you grew up with the Intellivision...

Lathe26

9 hours ago, Sinjinhawke said:

And refill your Flowmax prescription.  Probably also have reading glasses in every room in the house.  

Not me of course.  Speaking about a friend.  

I actually thought my video games days were behind me.  I was really getting shitty playing anything.  Then I got some "reading" glasses and now... I am back to just sucking at them!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
Done - found a polyp and now I'm on the every five year plan...

Ouch!

How bad was the procedure? I hear the worst part is the stuff you have to drink leading up to it, and the insane amount of times you need to visit the toilet because of it.

I’ve done the home screening / send in a sample method the past two years. So far they haven’t found anything to call me in for the ‘full experience’, but I’m guessing I should probably schedule that just to be safe. My wife just turned 50 and she has her first one coming up soon...

•Sent from my Intellivision keypad phone

On 11/28/2019 at 8:22 PM, eddhell said:

I was just in a fucking walmart the other day calculating which was the better deal, an 8 pack or two packs of 5 each....

Dollar Store has them for $1 each... I buy 5 at a time... and break them all in the garage because I love working on my cars...and I can't see a f*&%ing thing anymore. 

On 12/2/2019 at 9:12 AM, nurmix said:

Ouch!

How bad was the procedure? I hear the worst part is the stuff you have to drink leading up to it, and the insane amount of times you need to visit the toilet because of it.

I’ve done the home screening / send in a sample method the past two years. So far they haven’t found anything to call me in for the ‘full experience’, but I’m guessing I should probably schedule that just to be safe. My wife just turned 50 and she has her first one coming up soon...

•Sent from my Intellivision keypad phone

So i had mine done about 6 weeks ago.

They give you TWO 16 oz drinks.  One the night before drank in 30 minutes or less and one 3 hours prior to the procedure drank 30 minutes or less. It does not taste terrible but something about it makes it hard to drink.

Night before was ....uh....amusing. There were not tripS to the bathroom. Just ONE trip of a very long duration. Pro Tip: Dont Trust your farts

Day of....was stressful. I thought i was gonna be firing out my rear in the lobby of the Dr's office. I carried a towel in the car with me in case of an accident.  I swear i could have hit a moving target at 1000 yards!

For me what sucked besides the .....projectile mudbutt was the fasting.

The procedure is a breeze. You wont even remember it. 

They found a polyp. Removed it and sent it to the lab. I now go back in 5 years and am already dreading the prep!

Could be worse! The drinks used to be a GALLON the day before and a GALLON the day of.............. 

• Like 1

On 12/2/2019 at 9:12 AM, nurmix said:

Ouch!

Yes, you should get the "gold standard" done.

The procedure is not bad at all, especially if you ask for a little extra Versed!  I didn't even think the prep was that bad.  I thought the worst part was having to work the day before while on the clear liquid diet.  I walked around hungry and dizzy all day, so I'll definitely take the day off before next time...

• Like 1

FYI there is another option instead of colonoscopy(In Ontario we are given the option), its the 3 day poop and smear test , then mail in. Then they give results to your doctor and they will let you know results. You can do this test every two years under our Healthcare System. 

8 hours ago, m-crew said:

FYI there is another option instead of colonoscopy(In Ontario we are given the option), its the 3 day poop and smear test , then mail in. Then they give results to your doctor and they will let you know results. You can do this test every two years under our Healthcare System. 

I'm in the batter's box for this in 2020.  I turn 50 in less than 20 days... so I'll ask for that option and see what my Dr. says.  I'm sure our relationship is about to change anyway...

I think Rick Wakeman pretty much sums it up pretty good in his RRHF speech with Yes in 2017...

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, m-crew said:

While less 'painful' of a process and prep...this does not remove any polyps.

They spotted one in my colon and removed it. Its those buggers that are believed to be the start of colon cancer.

17 minutes ago, Denicio said:

While less 'painful' of a process and prep...this does not remove any polyps.

They spotted one in my colon and removed it. Its those buggers that are believed to be the start of colon cancer.

Better safe than sorry, as long as us men are proactive in getting what ever procedure you choose done its better than not choosing any. 

• Like 1