IGNORED

Got this bad-boy, a while ago...

Faicuai

...Litharek's sleek SIO-splitter (4+1 ports);

7619FBC0-6E6F-4F23-9AC0-53152CBA5AFC.thumb.jpeg.3ae3be24c156e51c230ed5c5607b5515.jpeg

...And then something unexpected happened:

My NUXX-Drive (SD) was FINALLY able to haul at divisor 1 (about 110,000 bps) without a hitch on 128B/sec and 256B/sec .ATR images on a completely stock / unmodified 800 (!) It now approaches the performance of SIO-to-USB terminal (from Lotharek's as well...)

And that was after already been upgraded to latest firmware and unable to move beyond divisor 5, when directly connected to the 800's SIO port...

I wonder about anyone else's experience with this (COOL) gadget, or.... am I hallucinating?

All I can say, at this point, and after testing the hell out of it is: if you don't have one, GO GET IT (!)

Edited by Faicuai
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Faicuai said:

My NUXX-Drive (SD) was FINALLY able to haul at divisor 1 (about 110,000 bps) without a hitch on 128B/sec and 256B/sec .ATR images on a completely stock / unmodified 800 (!) It now approaches the performance of SIO-to-USB terminal (from Lotharek's as well...)

And that was after already been upgraded to latest firmware and unable to move beyond divisor 5, when directly connected to the 800's SIO port...

Probably the SIO HUB cleans up the signal significantly (read: rise and fall times). I believe there are some bus drivers on there? Perhaps  Schmitt-triggers?

2 hours ago, Sugarland said:

Awesome. That's a great perk with faster IO. Clever use of the acrylic as part of the plug stop+secure.

One detail that caught my attention was the choice of thick / wide rubber-feet.

If placed on top of clean-glass (like the surface it is sitting on now) it will NOT move / slide, while you plug the SIO connectors, which makes it very convenient (you need to apply force when inserting them).

I am surprised how well thought out it is, indeed! But even more so is how many times I saw it before, and ignored it (!)

Edited by Faicuai
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, xrbrevin said:

sounds like itll go 0.5 past light speed!

can you post a vid of it loading something in?

Here's a shapshot of the Nuxx-Sdrive running on SIO (1-divisor) on SDX (RWTEST):

118FFD50-2A0D-401E-9CB6-F42630F5A930.thumb.jpeg.4abf8a40a41710d9c6994122fd3dce82.jpeg

9A79C8F0-F5F6-4133-B8D5-3088741846B4.thumb.jpeg.3d080d7de6be0595f0a284b4e1b1b364.jpeg

I will post a video of the left-side run, once I can make it presentable.

What is striking on this is that the same NUXX Drive could not even pull below divisor 5,  and now runs freely down to 1 (on an essentially unmodified 800 MoBo).... Which I find really odd.

What are your results with this splitter? Can you post them?

Edited by Faicuai