IGNORED

Going backwards is painful!

Omega-TI

Great idea there.... perhaps we need to have a separate topic to collect TI99/4a disk programs- and of course an updated alphabetical listing...

Need to decide on a format. Original TI or for emulator?   Separate files can be confusing as there are a lot of different LOAD programs...

As they would be downloaded by a PC perhaps use an emulator format?

Maybe have each separate program/utility on a single disk in .dsk format?? I think most emulators can handle that and TIDIR is a useful tool to move formats.

If there is an interest there are zillions of disk collections out there, waiting to be selected and sorted and posted - maybe a separate topic for games and others?

GameBase has the best collection of games disks anywhere, indexed and sorted.  Utilities not so disciplined. A games list could have the topic started with a link to GameBase and then add on files???

Discuss!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, --- Ω --- said:

Cartridge stuff is easy to find in the repository, but dang, finding older EA/5 stuff is a complete b!tch.  I cannot seem to locate an original 40 column version of BOOT!  It's crazy!  I give up for tonight.  

If you have it on disk images (*.dsk), you may try the Search function in TIImageTool. It offers searching for file names, for file timestamps (if available), and for file content. You can also use regular expressions. In addition, you can expand your search on all *.dsk files in a folder.

As it plainly searches through the sectors, you may also be able to locate a BASIC program containing a certain string that you remember. The same goes for your BOOT program. If you remember a specific text, try to find that one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, blackbox said:

Original TI or for emulator?   Separate files can be confusing as there are a lot of different LOAD programs...

Discuss!

Well, if someone wanted to take on that task, I'm sure they would be greatly appreciated individual.  I agree, the Gambase has it going on already, it's the utilities and applications programs that are difficult or nearly impossible to find.  The format of course would be up to whomever decides to take up the arduous task.  Yeah, DSK format is probably best, leaving the necessary conversion to the end user as it's the original format and would save on multiple copies.  (IMHO)

OK I'll start putting together an initial zip file of handy dsk images (the 90/180k type) with an alphabetic listing is xlsx format (anyone prefer something else? I've gone for a spreadsheet as it is fairly easy to add another field or add comments etc. Initial columns would be name (and vn), author, disk name, and notes.

As I have several collections of disks, happy to receive suggestions for inclusion. Obviously Funlweb is in there from the start.

Note that the more advanced utilities may struggle with some emulators and with some modern hardware configurations. Once we get something together, feedback for notes will be useful too.

• Like 2

if this can help, I have catalogued about 3500 single titles in B,XB,EA,BIN with screenshots and i am manage to update my website soon (hope whithing this year...) with all them uploaded and searchable :)

example on how the pages for every title can appear 

http://www.ti99iuc.it/web/index.php?pageid=database_cerca&archivioid=144

Edited by ti99iuc
  • Like 2

At present we have TI manuals on several web sites, each taking a slightly differing approach, and I am able to list here from time to time a combined alphabetic index pointing to each one.

It may also be useful to have a major detailed illustrated list on TI99IUC of utility programs, with separate downloads, and also a smaller list domiciled on this forum (perhaps with a collective zip file), with the ability in due course to have an alphabetic list combining the several locations eg here, TI99IUC, WHT and any others we find.

Requests and recommendations for useful utility programs always welcome- there are thousands of really tiny utilities out there. The file name and authors name or the User Group source would be a useful hint to help locate files, there are a lot with the same name.

12 hours ago, --- Ω --- said:

9640 Menu System

BOOT

DM2K

RemindMe!

My archive collections are of older material- and as I don't have a Geneve or F18a, I also don't have the quite recent 9640MS and cannot locate it- perhaps someone could post it or its location.

I do have JJs Boot v4, DM2K 2.2 and RemindMe 1.2.

I often preferred the older releases- I used TI Artist but despite purchasing TI Artist Plus, never used it!  Although I obtained later versions of DM1000, it was v 3.5 that I usually used.  Later releases tended to add more facilities I could live without, and become harder/slower to use.

New topic started at https://atariage.com/forums/topic/298919-utility-programs-on-disk/ with an initial collection of disks that may prove of value.

Please post requests for additional programs there, and also post any better/more complete utility disks that you find useful there.