IGNORED

Unicorns season: Prince of Persia for the A8!

rensoup

1 minute ago, Fred_M said:

Check the price when the auction is over (6 days).......

It's not just a single cart, or is it? ?

Just now, rensoup said:

Crazy when they could buy a multicart... there's no box with it so they're paying for a cart sticker ?

LOL, yeah, sort of.  Well, it's the hardware and the sticker :)

2 minutes ago, Level42 said:

Isn't it open for bids ? My Polish isn't that great. But indeed that's pretty damn cheap.

Ofcourse it is, the auction runs for 6 days. When you texted me it was 1 zloty, now it is 22 zloty ;-)

Now it is time to watch Max verstappen ? 

Edited by Fred_M
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Heaven/TQA said:

There are even people who buy Lynx carts with my demo on…

LOL, but I guess it's just convenience. Instead of having to browse through several directories on you multi-cart, you just plug in a cart and it just works. Similar to how there might be a market for five dollar PoP cartridges :) If people can spare the money, they will pay for convenience. Like buying pre-sliced unions in a plastic bag.

25 minutes ago, rensoup said:

How would someone who owns an AtariXL and has internet access not be aware that the game is available for free download ? ?

(fake bid?)

You would be amazed. I guess there are 2 kind of customers for this:

1) who indeed don't know things through internet

2) people who want a dedicated cartridge just because 

There companies who offer 5200 conversions and (unreleased) prototypes for rather high prices....

3 minutes ago, ivop said:

LOL, but I guess it's just convenience. Instead of having to browse through several directories on you multi-cart, you just plug in a cart and it just works. Similar to how there might be a market for five dollar PoP cartridges :) If people can spare the money, they will pay for convenience. Like buying pre-sliced unions in a plastic bag.

Like we have seen with many other free releases, people are willing to pay for a cartridge with manual and a nice box.

Look at a.o. Bitter Reality, Bomber, Get Up!, Time Pilot, Time Slip, Atascii Blaster and many more.

Edited by Fred_M

Thanks a lot and congratulations to all involved!

1 hour ago, Mr Robot said:

956341122_ScreenShot2021-10-24at12_24_29.png.822df7e0812c47cc14a7bf664c223617.png

Who's going to be the first to post the final image from the A8bit version? 

Interesting. When I look on body proportions of the princess in A8 version's intro I don't think the hero has long enough arms to hug her like that ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Unless I'm missing something, I wasn't able to get any of the cart based images to work on my UNO as it just stated incompatible .CAR type when trying to run one of them. So for now I'm using the DD image of it on my FujiNet. It really looks and sounds great! I'm going to be playing it on and off while I'm off this week. My worse issue is that even with my Epyx controller, I'm still having a difficult time getting those running jumps to register. I might switch over to my NES style pad to see if that helps nail those diagonals better.

• Like 1

Having a cart is not a bad thing I guess. Usually, those are created/distributed by persons involved in the project itself. I think its the best and most transparent approach. I would not mind to buy a cartridge, but from the team endorsed by the creators, especially if the release is of high quality, e.g. Time Pilot.

• Like 1

It looks like the masking isn't quite right for a couple of frames, when the prince is climbing up and obscured by a stack of bricks.

It looks like too much of the bottom of his shirt, and even some of his stomach skin, is showing here.

climb0.thumb.png.5d0e28feee9a02f717b7d664b018be8a.png

And then in this one, same thing, but to a much lesser extent than in the previous frame.

climb1.thumb.png.a9217f84a33a326fa7c08bde02c7252b.png

50 minutes ago, +Adam+ said:

Thanks a lot and congratulations to all involved!

Interesting. When I look on body proportions of the princess in A8 version's intro I don't think the hero has long enough arms to hug her like that ;)

haha.. possibly a factor of Jaffar's evil intentions..? ?Horn - find and download best transparent png clipart ...

It is pretty funny how I've managed to get myself into the same stuck and must reset conditions on this version as I used to do all the time on the PC version. One bug was already mentioned on the second level with the guard and the spikes on the far right where you can set things up in such a way as to cause the Prince to fall through the floor and not register getting killed and the game just freezes essentially at that point.

The last one was on level 4 where I was able to push the guard off the edge and into the double set of spikes below. When I cam back through I missed my jump and fell down to that point but didn't actually die as hitting the wall apparently counted as not free falling. Anyway, I was essentially stuck down there at this time with no way to get out and had to reset. Is there a way to just restart the level with out a full reset of the system that I didn't catch in the readme? I know it was possible to do this on the PC version back in the day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Unless I'm missing something, I wasn't able to get any of the cart based images to work on my UNO as it just stated incompatible .CAR type when trying to run one of them.

The readme states that it works with UNO but this isn't the case apparently since it's only got 128KB

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrFish said:

It looks like the masking isn't quite right for a couple of frames, when the prince is climbing up and obscured by a stack of bricks.

yeah it's been in there for a good year, it's just a limitation... not perfect but good enough.

26 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Anyway, I was essentially stuck down there at this time with no way to get out and had to reset. Is there a way to just restart the level with out a full reset of the system that I didn't catch in the readme? I know it was possible to do this on the PC version back in the day.

Nope. I didn't feel like adding an Esc key because that would have required a confirmation message + input,... too much hassle, not enough memory!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mr Robot said:

@miker @VinsCool Care to share the SAP files of the tunes? If you did already, they are lost in the 124 pages of bickering.

I will release my tunes sometime later since I must first convert them, I will also share my source .rmt files once it's done.

I could have posted the music for a while now but I wanted to see the game released first ;)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Looks gorgeous on a CRT TV in NTSC, even if the photo doesn't do it justice.  (...)

IMG_0338.thumb.jpg.4511531339ace3987a5639f79e8f9568.jpg

4 hours ago, Nickolasgaspar said:

lets compare NTCS vs Pal!!! lol

IMG_20211024_191444168.thumb.jpg.4a1a5a2fc437522f53be9c492611d60c.jpg

I don't mind the bluish highlights on the NTSC version. It resembles an ambient blue background light.

The first image is NOT an accurate representation of NTSC color reproduction. There are no "electric/saturated" blues on the characters shaded-clothing...

It actually looks like this (left s-Video and right Sophia-2 DVI-D, A800/Incognito):

2AAC5DB5-D67F-4481-9354-80E28AF4D3B9.thumb.jpeg.b5f19b6cc045ddf106e04141b956b976.jpeg

• Like 5