Revontuli

Dragon's Cache - Vs. Puzzle Drop Game - Now Available for Purchase!!!

8 hours ago, Trebor said:

Anyhow, it's working just fine for all modes.  After selecting number of players I am presented with the Game Mode option screen.  All game modes are working beautifully.

Great to hear - I'm happy that it was a false alarm :)  Thank you for help, testing is a tough but necessary part of game development, and it's good to have folks playing!

• Like 2

On 10/25/2020 at 6:04 AM, Revontuli said:

With a lot of help from RevEng we've found a possible workaround - there seems to be an issue when the game tries to detect external hardware for saving scores when in BupSystem - telling the ROM there's no high score device seems to get around the crash.  I'm uploading a cartridge version and a "BupSystem compatible" version for those who want to try either

Good work Revontuli, this seems to fix the issue! :thumbsup: I tried both of these new versions and the BupSystem-version seems to run perfect in the emulator now, while the other version does not.

I have not tried all gaming-modes of "Dragon's Cache" so far, but at least the highscore-problem is fixed in the BupSystem-version of the ROM. The game goes into the score-screen, all colors are visible there (which is a good sign) and then it goes back to the main-menue without a problem. And also when i play one game, then this score can be seen correctly in the score-screen and i can play the next game.

Looks good, thanks for finally fixing the game for this emulator. In next days, i will play all gaming-modes of "Dragon's Cache" in the BupSystem emulator and when i find something like a bug, i will report here.

Edited by AW127
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the nomination!  I'll add that this game is in amazing company and competition for the award...

259687810_3rdAnnualAtariHomebrewAwards(2020)-NominatedLaurels-Atari7800BestHomebrew.thumb.jpg.6145340141ba1e65b59caff6bcb39ad3.jpg.6d1245146b85ddbdb91aebecf8fb18c0.jpg

You can vote for the awards (and see all the other amazing games) here: 

Edited by Revontuli
  • Like 4