IGNORED

2 port selector

Mehridian Sanders

3 hours ago, --- Ω --- said:

No, but I have an idea in the back of my mind after the F18A Mk 2 comes out that goes something like this...

687055896_HDMIExtender.thumb.jpg.37df348932ea521c07c5c8407e511aa8.jpg

It would be cool if it could all fit internally inside the console, but I'm more concerned with possible latency issues.

You have a link for that kit?  I use an ioGear wireless HDMI set (runs about $200 for a 5-way receive and one transmitter,) and the latency is negligible insofar as a (this) human is concerned.

3 hours ago, wierd_w said:

better make sure those wont completely trash your wifi in your house.  Or that Wifi wont trash your picture..

The ioGear I use run on the 5GHz band, so most of the cheap 2.4GHz wireless kit will not be affected or vice-versa.  I have noticed a decrease in reliability at home when the HDMI kit fires up and decides to use a channel which is occupied and then gets stuck.  A re-sync will usually fix that.

802.11ac has a tendency to just stomp the hell out of anything near-by, especially when set for wide-band, so YMMV in such an environment.  I have 802.11ac with 80MHz channels at home and so long as the wireless HDMI does not rest in an unused side-band, all is well until you start pumping data.  Same at the office.  802.11n, on the other hand, seems to play rather nicely even with wider channels.

• Like 1

I’ve used several VGA switches, selectors, RGB amps, and KVMs, over the last several years, with my TI99.  My main standby which is the biggest hub of my connectivity (and connects directly to my TI99) is an Extron MVX88 matrix switch.  This is a fantastic product in this category, as most of Extron’s products are, being a fully matrix switched (any to any) device which is controllable via plain text RS232 (and thus, via TI99 RS232, though I presently route my TI99 RS232 through my own software RS232 matrix switching scripts on a connected PC, so it’s not connected directly and rather controls devices like this via commands passed to the RS232 “router” PC, which sends the messages back and forth as needed).  Importantly for me, audio and video can be switched separately on the MVX series (which makes sense, since audio and video signal processing devices sometimes do one, or sometimes both). A minor downside is that as with a fair amount of professional a/v signal processing equipment, audio out uses terminal block (phoenix) connectors, to allow for balanced or unbalanced audio wiring as desired. So you’re generally going to have to wire your own audio.  I also use an MVX44 (same thing, but 4x4 switching) to matrix switch my analogue display setup (where the MVX88 is more backend signal processing). And I use a Binary BT-100 8x8 HDMI matrix switch for digital display and capture and whatnot, subsequently. And a supplementary 2x4 switch which is really just duplicating a specific signal right now.  

The setup as a whole looks like this:

image.thumb.png.7a0a92351e8cd74c004f9f0e94d1208c.png

I additionally switch my legacy PCs (but not my TI99) using a [Trendnet 423K](https://www.trendnet.com/products/product-detail?prod=165_TK-423K), which is a VGA/PS2/Audio switch.  PS2 KVMs which support audio switching are somewhat annoying hard to come by, so this is a really fantastic product, for me, for switching PS2, VGA and Audio together (mainly for DOS and Win16).  In a perfect world, it’d have DB9 too, but you can’t have everything I guess. And no RS232 scripting support, unfortunately, but switching is achieved via assigned keyboard shortcuts on the connected keyboard, so that’s convenient enough.  

I’ve also used an Extron Versa Tools VSW 2VGA switcher, and a Kramer Tools VP-211DS (VGA autoswitcher) with my TI99 and other sources.  But I do not at present.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2019 at 7:20 AM, FDOS said:

I also have a USB adapter in my TI-99/4A console, so I use a 4 port KVM to select it or one of two Win 7 Pee Cees I use in support of my TI hobby (MAME emulation, TI99Dir, TI99Hdx, etc..

RETRO Bill

somehow I missed the first part of this post. Do you a link for that USB upgrade? I was thinking earlier today that a OTG USB connector would solve a lot off incompatibilities.

10 hours ago, Mehridian Sanders said:

somehow I missed the first part of this post. Do you a link for that USB upgrade? I was thinking earlier today that a OTG USB connector would solve a lot off incompatibilities.

READ THE FAQ  

Can I hook up a PC keyboard to my TI?

• USB:
  • PS2
  • XT

• Like 1