IGNORED

Submitting/editing posts weirdness

DragonGrafx-16

It seems the forum just barfed and whenever I edit or post something it gets stuck on "saving post" but actually posts it when I refresh the page. 

Testing... yep it seems to happen when editing posts or replying but not when creating a new thread.  Edit: it seems sometimes it posts correctly but takes a long time.

Also this happened: borked.PNG.7337a23a7373d35593f60eeab8caca43.PNG

Is the site falling apart?

Edited by DragonGrafx-16

No, but the search engine the forum uses has been having some issues tonight.  I had to restart it not too long ago, then realized it was running out of memory.  So I fixed that, and restarted it again..  Hopefully it will stabilize.  I may need to rebuild the search index.  If it's still misbehaving before I go to bed tonight, I will fire that off first.

..Al

I think the search index was completely broken due to it running out of memory earlier.  I've nuked it and it's rebuilding now.  If that doesn't do the trick, I will search to MySQL's search index and file a support ticket with Invision regarding Elasticsearch.  I'm guessing this will work, though, it just takes quite some time to fully rebuild the index.  Haven't had to do that for a while, it was running pretty well until tonight!!  Good thing this server has lots of memory.

..Al