IGNORED

Bored doodles at work

wierd_w

So, since I have Magellan sitting here, and I happen to do pixel art type things--

Today I started working on some 1bpp monochrome "silly face parts" doodles.  Only got 2 faces made so far, but meh.  I will continue doodling.

The intent here was "Dialog window portraits." I dont know how many I can make here, but I will just fill in the whole space and post the magellan file when I do.

Maybe somebody can make use of it when I am done.  Should I break it up into a male and female set?

image.thumb.png.8af9d5c44f7d724a60daaadd4599382c.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

More doodling today, as I try to keep my mind intact while listening to the (mandatory) online training courses in the background. (I DO get paid extra for doing this at home, so there's that too, but this stuff is awful.)

image.thumb.png.ef9aea518ea93234aff7c48ad5b6d40c.png

I noticed that the bottom hair bits for the topmost girl here also seem to double as 80s retro Jacky-O sunglasses, which I found funny, and included here. They sure look surly don't they?

This is mostly to show off the different eye and mouth bits I doodled up. Since they are basically universal parts, a rather wide variety of expressions can be made. I still need to make a "Frumpy" face though.

The last row is made using re-used/repurposed parts from the first two.  This is kinda intentional, as I want maximal bang for the buck. Seeing what I can do with what is already drawn up.

How can I make screen titles with this? I've downloaded it but other than that I dunno..

But I'm needing some graphics for my assy program title.

Basically it needs to say in large font

E/A Notes

The E and A could be tilted, for effect or if I had both the E and A in both normal and tilted then I could rotate the two in and out of context for an animated style...

Edited by GDMike

More mature is kinda hard in that art style. Anime-esque lends itself well to reduced realism renderings like this, because it is very hard to do properly proportioned features in constrained space like that.  I could add more disheveled looking features and hints at wrinkles maybe, but it would be difficult to keep them from looking like old grannies.  But I suppose old grannies need representing too.

4 hours ago, wierd_w said:

More mature is kinda hard in that art style. Anime-esque lends itself well to reduced realism renderings like this, because it is very hard to do properly proportioned features in constrained space like that.  I could add more disheveled looking features and hints at wrinkles maybe, but it would be difficult to keep them from looking like old grannies.  But I suppose old grannies need representing too.

Yes they do! ?