IGNORED

TRAXXAS

Mixed bag of results.  Works on missle command surprisingly.  Wheel goes left and right.  The trigger goes up and down.  And the red button fires.  Down usually in most games.  Upward does nothing for the button.  

Defender fires with red button.  And trigger makes the ship go up.  But not left and right.  Wheel does nothing.  

Jungle hunt red button swing vines.  Wheel make me swim faster in second round.  But trigger does nothing.  He does not go up or down.  Never made it past second round.

Pacman and frogger nothing.  

Qbert he only goes right and falls off with trigger and red button press.  No other direction.

But the real surprise river raid.  Full range with wheel.  And the red button pressed down fires and starts the game.  Good for this game.

Edited by 0078265317

1 hour ago, 0078265317 said:

Mixed bag of results.  Works on missle command surprisingly.  Wheel goes left and right.  The trigger goes up and down.  And the red button fires.  Down usually in most games.  Upward does nothing for the button.  

Defender fires with red button.  And trigger makes the ship go up.  But not left and right.  Wheel does nothing.  

Jungle hunt red button swing vines.  Wheel make me swim faster in second round.  But trigger does nothing.  He does not go up or down.  Never made it past second round.

Pacman and frogger nothing.  

Qbert he only goes right and falls off with trigger and red button press.  No other direction.

But the real surprise river raid.  Full range with wheel.  And the red button pressed down fires and starts the game.  Good for this game.

I think the wheel is left and right, the trigger is up and down and the buttons are fire, just like on the pc ultraracer, but the smaller x and y range make it so it does not trigger movement in digital games. Usually, in 5200 digital games, the analog joystick has to be 60-75% of the way in a direction to trigger, so if your range is shorter, it doesn't work. You probably see limited movement in the analog games and maybe one or two of the four directions for digital games.  It probably works for the PC game included, though. The pot resistance range in PC gameport controllers wasn't very consistent in the 80s and erly 90s.

if i were you i would just buy an ibm joystick to usb adaper and use it on your pc it seems like a neat driving controller windows has better calibration ability

of course i am assuming your 5200 works fine  with the original controller and a standard pc joystick with the adapter

actually what i would do is take it apart and put a 10k resistor in series with the potentiometers to see if that gives it enough resistance

Edited by bohoki
moar info

6 minutes ago, bohoki said:

if i were you i would just buy an ibm joystick to usb adaper and use it on your pc it seems like a neat driving controller windows has better calibration ability

of course i am assuming your 5200 works fine  with the original controller and a standard pc joystick with the adapter

Yes but it works with river raid so I am happy.

17 hours ago, bohoki said:

Good idea.  But windows 10 won'twork with that old software.  I have an old pc with windows me in the basement.  Just have to buy a pci sound card with gameport off ebay.  There is no ganeport in the back.