IGNORED

Trade for stuff?

Opry99er

I have a big box o' TI stuff that I want to trade.  None of it is particularly rare, but it's a nice big box of stuff in good condition.

I am looking for RO slot car stuff in return.  For tracks, I need Tyco/Aurora/AFX compatible track, and for cars, I'm looking for working RO scale cars.... not particular on how they look or whatever--just working cars with decent tires.  

My box o' stuff for trade includes 8 common cartridges, 12 Micropendium magazines, 3 home computing magazines, a working set of pain sticks, a speech synth, a Navarrone cartridge expander, and some cassettes.

I am not wanting to sell this stuff... just want to trade for slot car things.  If anyone is remotely interested, I'll take pix of all this stuff.

thanks in advance!

Wow, in the 70's I loved my slot cars!

I had the AFX set that you had pins on each edge and a U coupler in the middle of the track to join them.

Then AFX changed to the hooks and sliding them together.  That stunk, cause I couldn't combine them :(  And I broke them too.

But then I got FLEX Track and that was pretty cool.  However, the old cars worked so much better than the Magnatraction cars on the flex track.

But the new cars were FAST and held the track so much better!

1982 I think was my last set.  I think it was a Richard Petty / Cale Yarborough  set with Lap Counter.

I gave all this stuff away...  I had cork screws etc.  I think a tyco loop track at some point as well.

These were a lot of fun.  My best friend had a TCR set.  That was cool, but the cars seemed slower?

Back not to long ago I had a super cool AFX track set up in the spare bedroom in my trailer. 4x8 table with a four lane track all screwed down to the table with separate power supplies for each lane.  I even built a lap counter with LEDs and photo cells for each lane that ran on my Windows XP computer.  It was a lot of fun!  I was in the process of "decorating" the layout with HO scale buildings and trees and all that stuff when we moved into a "proper" house.  Now there is no room to rebuild the layout, even though the house is 5 times the size of my little 'ol trailer. :(  

My favorite cars to run were the Thunder Jets.  No traction magnets at all.  They would fishtail and drift around the corners.  What a blast!   One day I would love to rebuild my set up and get back into it again.  This thread reminded me of how much fun that was. 

There is a local guy here in my town a few blocks away that has a online store for slotcars.  He is a really cool guy.  I can post the link to his shop if that is allowed.  It is a very fun hobby and quite addicting...lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1