IGNORED

Atari 800/810 dimensions help

Fierodoug5

I am building a new desk for a upcoming Atari 800 setup I will purchase later, but need some sizing help I cant seem to find on the net.

If I want to build a monitor stand that will clear the back part of the 800, how high does it need to be to just clear.

What are the dimensions of a Atari 810 disk drive.

Thanx for your help!

Doug

Here's some inspiration. My step-dad built this desk for my step-brother and I around 1982/1983. It's heavy duty marine plywood with a Formica top surface epoxied over it and trim wood custom cut and stained for the front edges. The riser has a hole cut on the right side sized for an SIO plug. BITD we had a single 1050 next to the 800, and a Star SG-10 printer off to the right, a box of fanfold paper sitting on the floor underneath.  On the back of the desk, there are four double-plug outlets gang-wired in parallel to a single pigtail outlet that plugs into the wall, and all the outlets are wired to the front-mounted light switch. All that original A8 stuff is long gone, but it makes a fitting home for one of my current stable of A8 machines. :) 

IMG_2523.JPG

IMG_2526.jpg

IMG_2403.JPG

Edited by DrVenkman
typos
  • Like 4

Thanx guys! 

It is actually a desk setup i am building in the closet in my home office.

Desk is a pre-made laminate countertop I got from lowes, cut down to fit inside the closet. Pegboard on sides and back. Still had room for 3 shelves above the desk to hold everything that was already in the closet.

I'll post more pics as I get it done

Doug

closetdesk.jpg

Edited by Fierodoug5
  • Like 1