IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2020)

carlsson

PC

Crusader Kings III (1184 min)

Oculus Quest

Beat Saber (476 min)

Not much variety this week. My CK3 Ireland game continues, I've got Ireland, Wales, Scotland, Iceland, Brittany, and the Kent and Essex duchies of England. My charismatic king was replaced by his intelligent and somewhat more immoral son, whose wife was pretty awesome administrator. The new heir that just took over is tactically minded, and the army is large, I should be able to unite Britannia soon.

While I'm assimilating, the rest of the world is breaking up.  France has divided into three kingdoms, the Holy Roman Empire is down to basically Germany, the rest is independent kingdoms, the Byzantine Empire is almost dead, and Iberian peninsula is nearly 100% Muslim. Catholicism is collapsing, and the Lollardy branch religion I started near the beginning of the game is starting to creep over Western and Northern Europe. When I took Canterbury from England, I was able to appoint my own pope.  There's a big new patch that came out today and one of the things it does is makes a more powerful Mongol nation, so that should be interesting...

Oculus sent me a $14 coupon, so I spent it on the new Linkin Park DLC for BS.  The maps are pretty complex and hectic. Tried playing through them all in a row and had to quit half way through, as I needed a change of pace before dropping from exhaustion....

• Like 1

My sincere apologies to Carlsson for the late submission! Yesterday was one heck of a day and I was so busy that (for the first time ever I think) I completely forgot about the trackers! Here's my household's times for the week:

Ineligible

Alien 3 (Game Boy) - 291 minutes

Astroblast (Atari 2600) - 106 minutes

Circus Atari (Atari 2600) - 39 minutes

Mortal Kombat (Sega CD) - 31 minutes

Mortal Kombat (Sega Genesis) - 10 minutes

Mortal Kombat II (Sega 32X) - 38 minutes

NBA Jam: Tournament Edition (Sega 32X) - 46 minutes

Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega Master System) - 115 minutes

Street Racer (Atari 2600) - 8 minutes

Virtua Fighter (Sega 32X) - 21 minutes

Virtua Racing (Sega Genesis) - 20 minutes

Virtua Racing Deluxe (Sega 32X) - 55 minutes

Nintendo Switch

Doom: REKKR - 5 minutes

Doom II: BTSX Episode 1 - 170 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week

955 minutes (15 hours 55 minutes) [175 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week

Game Boy: 291 minutes

Nintendo Switch: 175 minutes

Sega 32X: 160 minutes

Atari 2600: 153 minutes

Sega Master System: 115 minutes

Sega CD: 31 minutes

Sega Genesis: 30 minutes

• Like 1

Week 39

Top games

1. Kangokutou Mary Skelter (Vita) - 1297 min. (#1)
2. Crusader Kings III (PC) - 1184 min. (#3)
3. Call of Duty Modern Warfare (Xbox One) - 912 min. (#2)
4. Lumines: Electronic Symphony (Vita) - 513 min. (#8)
5. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 476 min. (#4)
6. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch) - 263 min.
7. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U) - 215 min.
8. Doom II: BTSX Episode 1 (Switch) - 170 min. (#5)
9. Madden NFL 21 (Xbox One) - 101 min.
10. Team Fortress II (Xbox 360) - 96 min.

Top systems

1. Vita - 1810 min. (#1)
2. PC - 1184 min. (#2)
3. Xbox One - 1013 min. (#3)
4. Oculus Quest - 476 min. (#4)
5. Switch - 438 min. (#5)
6. Wii U - 215 min.
7. Xbox 360 - 96 min.
8. iOS - 10 min. (#10)

Total 5242 minutes and 12 different games on 8 different systems.

Kangokutou Mary Skelter remains in the top position, though less than two hours of gameplay ahead of Crusader Kings III. On the systems list, the top five stay in the same order as last week, meaning the Vita has dominated the list for two weeks in a row, this week being the sole Sony system in the tracker.

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 4

I'm pretty sure last time we determined that this would fit over here on the modern tracker rather than the classic, so...

PC

Super Mario 64 - 157 min (Played until it shut down on me.  Started a new game and got to around 45 stars.  Then it just blacked out.  Shrugged and played some Jaguar instead.)

• Like 1

Switch
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 57

Vita
Kangokutou Mary Skelter - 918

By now, you're probably wondering if I'm getting burned out playing these nonstop since March~April (I've been doing this since before I started the tracker), and the answer is yes, I am, hence the significantly lower time this time. Part of this, however, is because I actually did beat the game several days ago already, including getting the bad end and all 10 versions of the true ending, which required the use of a timer since I had to reload my save file and kill the true final boss 10 times, which added 123 minutes to my time. The other part is because I'm now in the post-game dungeon, which... well, the first floor is just a single room, but here's my screenshot of my map of the second floor.

2020-10-04-235609.thumb.jpg.1133fb2b16f068c9d83bcba06cae2667.jpg

This place is HUGE and it took many hours to find the stairs to get to the next floor! It was actually the very last thing I found after exploring the entire floor for hours, and since it's so huge, I felt as if I was wandering around aimlessly instead of actually making any progress. I hope I didn't miss anything on 2F because I don't want to go search for it! The next few floors are even bigger, unfortunately. I'm pretty burnt-out, so this might take me a while to finish, although I'll put some time into it every now and then until I'm finished.

PC
StarCraft II - 51 (and 56 seconds)
Star Wars Squadrons - 434

This is actually an estimate, as my phone only tracks for 60 minutes at a time before automatically stopping itself and resetting to 0:0.00 and sometimes I got distracted by flying and didn't notice my clock had stopped. I think I only failed to notice it 3 times and only for about 2 minutes at most each time, so this should still be reasonably accurate.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 3

Here are my times for this past week on modern systems...

Android phone:

McDonalds app games... 2 min.

Yeah, McDonalds has got games in its app again, and this time it's not the standard rabbit or other character which has to jump from hole to hole collecting things... they actually offer multiple different games, but only one per day. In a screenshot I saw a sliding puzzle, but when I first played it, I got a memory game. You have to remember 5 items in, I think, 15 or 20 seconds in the correct order, and you only get one chance to do it. If you do it, you earn a ticket for a price-reduced food item. If not, you have to wait until the next day to play a different game, which in my case was a maze which you have to find the correct exit for during a time limit, and you have to do two successive mazes to win the prize. However, the third time I tried to play, the app froze completely on startup, and it has done so ever since, still there isn't a new version of it to upgrade to, so I'm currently stuck with a frozen McDonalds app. That's why I only accumulated 2 minutes of playing time on this... and it's also been my only game on modern systems this week.

• Like 1

Back to posting on time this week! :lol: There isn't a whole ton to share for my household this week. I spent most of the week doing wht I'm pretty sure was my third play through of Alien: Isolation for the year, though this time was the time that I had ever completed the game on Hard difficulty. It was a ton a of fun, if not a bit exhausting on the adrenal glands, but that's a good part of what makes Alien: Isolation my all time favorite video game. With most horror games you can play through them 2 or 3 times, learn where all the items and enemy locations are, then feel fairly relaxed and at ease on all future play throughs. Not with this game. No matter how many times I play Alien: Isolation it always feels like a genuinely frightening experience that never lets the player relax at all through it's 30 odd hour story; and every minute of those 30 hours feels like a master class in horror game design. 

Outside the Alien fun/anxiety, I also put in a bit of time with the current Atari 2600 High Score Club game and did a play through of Mortal Kombat on the Genesis with Sonya Blade. She's a character I rarely play as but she's got a pretty cool move set and I'm making it a point to practice and get skilled with every character in the game, since I'm hoping to find and pick up an Arcade1Up Mortal Kombat cabinet (with riser) as a Christmas treat for myself this year. :)

Ineligible

Laser Gates (Atari 2600) - 59 minutes

Mortal Kombat (Sega Genesis) - 32 minutes

Nintendo Switch

Alien: Isolation - 1,715 minutes 

1,806 minutes (30 hours 6 minutes) [1,715 minutes eligible]

Nintendo Switch: 1,715 minutes

Atari 2600: 59 minutes

Sega Genesis: 32 minutes

• Like 3

PC

Star Wars Squadrons (723 min)

Tabletopia (306 min)

XB1

Night in the Woods (52 min)

Oculus Quest

Beat Saber (459 min)

Took a break from CK as Star Wars Squadrons was coming out, and it's both a lot of fun and a lot of frustration. I don't normally jump on brand new games, and I kinda wish I hadn't here, either. While the game is a lot of fun when it works, especially in VR and with a HOTAS, it's really buggy. My brother and his friend have it and we may try playing online, but cheating seems rampant, so we'll stick with AI battles for now.

Played Orleans in Tabletopia, came in 2nd out of 4, but 1st won easily. Started Night in the Woods, not sure I'm feeling it, but I'll probably give it a bit more of a look.

• Like 1

Week 40

Top games

1. Alien: Isolation (Switch) - 1715 min.
2. Star Wars Squadrons (PC) - 1157 min.
3. Kangokutou Mary Skelter (Vita) - 918 min. (#1)
4. Call of Duty Modern Warfare (Xbox One) - 810 min. (#3)
5. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 459 min. (#5)
6. Dirt 4 (PS4) - 360 min.
7. Tabletopia (PC) - 306 min.
8. Super Mario 64 (compiled from N64 sources) (PC) - 157 min.
9. Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy (The Telltale Series) (Xbox One) - 96 min.
10. Star Wars Squadrons (Xbox One) - 65 min.

Top systems

1. Switch - 1772 min. (#5)
2. PC - 1672 min. (#2)
3. Xbox One - 1081 min. (#3)
4. Vita - 969 min. (#1)
5. Oculus Quest - 459 min. (#4)
6. PS4 - 360 min.
7. iOS - 53 min. (#8)
8. Android Phone - 2 min.

Total 6368 minutes and 17 different games on 8 different systems.

Thanks to a huge effort in Alien: Isolation, the Switch is back into #1 on the systems list. A combined effort on Star Wars Squadrons on the PC brings it into second place, and the top list is rounded off with the Xbox One version of the same game.

• Like 3

PS4

Resident Evil VII 512

Picked back up with RE7.  It's a nice update to the RE formula, and I am really enjoying playing it in VR.  I'm not sure how great a game it would be without the VR though.

Edit: Updated!

I finished the main story and the free DLC that lets you play as Chris Redfield.  I really had some fun with this one.  Good game for Halloween season too (if there is such a season).

• Like 3

As I mentioned over on old systems side, I do normally work part-time, but I was in the office basically all day every day this week except Wednesday and Sunday, so not a whole lot got done here. This week will be the same or similar, most likely.

Vita
Kangokutou Mary Skelter - 136

Yay, finished~ that didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would! I'm free! No more Mary Skelter! Well, not until the 5th, anyway...

PC
Breakout (Amico demo) - 24

I know that we can track demos here, so here is the Amico Breakout demo. Is this the first Amico game in the tracker? Ironic that it's on PC instead of the Amico, but that's how it is.

Switch
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 10

PS2
Tales of Destiny Director's Cut - 345

I have had this game for 10+ years as I waited for my Japanese to be good enough to play it! Now my Japanese is finally good enough! Holy crap this game is awesome! I knew that 10 years ago when I tried to play it before, but this time I can actually understand everything! I played it for a very short amount of time a few weeks ago to do some Framemeister testing, so it did show up in the tracker recently, but this time I'm actually playing it for real on my PS3. I hope I can finish it before the 5th... not likely, but I will try.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Is this the first Amico game in the tracker?

Yes, mainly because it hasn't been released yet and none of the beta testers obviously post here (or due to NDA requirements don't reveal which games they would be testing). Once the system is out, it sure will have its own category but I don't know if this Breakout game is playing in a closed, emulated environment matching the actual Amico or if just the game code has been compiled into a PC binary without really relating to the system.

Here are my times for this past week (October 5th through 11th) on modern systems:

Android phone:

BadGame:) - 20 min.

This week I also played a bit on my phone. The game is BadGame, which has been originally programmed in 30 minutes while shooting a Youtube video (here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrrR_8USmns), after that it was ported to several systems. Contrary to other games, it works quite well as a mobile game... the basic premise of the game is to hang on to red squares and gain momentum while swinging so that if the hook to the red squares is released, you fly as far as possible while crashing through other red squares for points. After you die, your points get accumulated, and then you get money for buying upgrades in a shop, and you also advance in a level system.

For a 30 minute game, despite it's name this game is actually not bad at all, and I can see myself playing it again. I think this could work well on old consoles such as the Atari 2600, although it's questionable how to create a good control scheme on a joystick for this game.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, carlsson said:

Yes, mainly because it hasn't been released yet and none of the beta testers obviously post here (or due to NDA requirements don't reveal which games they would be testing). Once the system is out, it sure will have its own category but I don't know if this Breakout game is playing in a closed, emulated environment matching the actual Amico or if just the game code has been compiled into a PC binary without really relating to the system.

I was thinking of the Moon Patrol demo that was released on phones much earlier this year (I think).

It looks like it runs natively since all of the files for the game, including all of the files for Unity, which it runs on, are there in the directory, including all of the assets, etc.. I figure if it was running on an emulator, the game assets would most likely be contained within the file that the emulator is running and not separated the way it is, although I suppose I'm not sure if it works that way or not. I'll look around and do some research, though.

2 hours ago, StormSurge said:

Xbox One

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: 542 minutes

Star Wars Squadrons: 133 minutes

What Remains of Edith Finch: 112 minutes

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy (The Telltale Series): 45 minutes

Surviving Mars: 10 minutes

iOS

Microsoft Solitaire Collection: 28 minutes

I've played both Edith and Guardians in the last year (or so).  I liked them both well enough.  Guardians was a nice story and the soundtrack was cool.  However, I think some of the songs were removed in the version I played (on Steam).

• Like 1

PC

Baba is You (138 min)

Solitaire Conspiracy, The (283 min)

Oculus Quest

Beat Saber (590 min)

Not a lot of gaming this week, but I did play some puzzle games this weekend. Mike Bithell's new game The Solitaire Conspiracy, a short, Solitaire-style strategy game, and finally got around to trying Baba is You, which is fun, but it's getting difficult...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wongojack said:

I've played both Edith and Guardians in the last year (or so).  I liked them both well enough.  Guardians was a nice story and the soundtrack was cool.  However, I think some of the songs were removed in the version I played (on Steam).

WROEF was really good. I enjoyed it, even though it's not really a "game".

Guardians (& all TT games) falls in the same bucket, but I enjoyed that as well. I had a big smile on my face when Hall & Oates started playing.

Sadly, I only have the first chapter & the rest have been pulled from the store. I have the disk version on the way from Amazon.

• Like 1

A pretty good week for gaming this week! I've continued my slog through the Doom II add-on BTSX Episode 2 on the Switch (and it is becoming a slog, because holy heck this expansion is way too hard!) and put a good bit of time into Jr. Pac-Man on the 2600, which is the final game for the current season of the High Score Club before the bracket challenge. At this point I think I've scored well enough to make it into either the silver or bronze brackets at the end of the season, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see! On the Sega front, I was having some pretty bad anxiety issues early in the week so to help me relax and mellow out and I spent a nice long evening playing Ecco the Dolphin on the Sega CD. It's got one of the most relaxing video game soundtracks of all time so it was really peaceful and soothing to play, and I definitely should get back to it and see if I can finish the game this week. I also did a full play through of the short but fun Desert Demolition on the Genesis, because I'm pretty much a sucker for any game that lets you play as a coyote. :lol:

That's all the gaming news that's fit to print from my household this week! Until next time, and as always, best wishes and happy gaming to you and yours.

20201005_180114.thumb.jpg.d969573edd7605379615534b46087d50.jpg

Ineligible

Desert Demolition (Sega Genesis) - 68 minutes

Ecco the Dolphin (Sega CD) - 240 minutes

Jr. Pac-Man (Atari 2600) - 169 minutes

Nintendo Switch

Doom II: BTSX Episode 2 - 420 minutes

897 minutes (14 hours 57 minutes) [420 minutes eligible]

Nintendo Switch - 420 minutes

Sega CD - 240 minutes

Atari 2600 - 169 minutes

Sega Genesis - 68 minutes

• Like 3

Week 41

Top games

1. Beat Saber (Oculus Quest) - 590 min. (#5)
2. Call of Duty Modern Warfare (Xbox One) - 542 min. (#4)
3. Resident Evil VII (PS4) - 512 min.
4. Doom II: BTSX Episode 2 (Switch) - 420 min.
5. Tales of Destiny Director's Cut (PS2) - 345 min.
6. Solitaire Conspiracy, The (PC) - 283 min.
7. Lumines: Electronic Symphony (Vita) - 193 min.
8. Baba is You (PC) - 138 min.
9. Kangokutou Mary Skelter (Vita) - 136 min. (#3)
10. Star Wars Squadrons (Xbox One) - 133 min. (#10)

Top systems

1. Xbox One - 842 min. (#3)
2. Oculus Quest - 590 min. (#5)
3. PS4 - 512 min. (#6)
4. PC - 445 min. (#2)
5. Switch - 430 min. (#1)
6. PS2 - 345 min.
7. Vita - 329 min. (#4)
8. iOS - 28 min. (#7)
9. Android Phone - 20 min. (#8)

Total 3541 minutes and 17 different games on 9 different systems.

Whether Luke Skywalker would have performed well in it or not, the top game this week is Beat Saber on the Oculus Quest. By a margin of 52 minutes, it edges out Call of Duty Modern Warfare and another 30 minutes down to Resident Evil VII. Systems wise, the Xbox One is back into the top, though this was a rather low key week with just over 59 hours of gameplay recorded.

• Like 2

Was still busy this week, so not a whole lot of time here compared to the past.

Gamecube
Super Mario Sunshine - 23

Switch
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 38

PC
Star Wars Squadrons - 97

DS
Tales of Hearts Anime Movie Edition - 11

lol I only made it to the first save point right outside Shing's house. Anyway, there are 2 versions of this game, one with the typical Production I.G cutscenes (Tales of Hearts Anime Movie Edition) and one with super ugly CG cutscenes (Tales of Hearts CG Movie Edition) that sold absolutely terribly from what I remember because everyone thought it was ugly. I have the non-ugly version, as you can see.

PS2
Tales of Destiny Director's Cut - 838

Halfway. Forgot to mention it before, but I'm playing Stan's side. Will do Lion's side once I'm done with Stan's side. Just saw that one famous spoilers scene, which is doubtlessly the most famous scene in the game and one of the most famous scenes in the entire series. This game's battle system is absolutely insane.

• Like 1