IGNORED

Incognito works but not my Cartridges

videofx

Happy New Year Everyone!

Installed my Incognito in my Atari 800 and updated the BIOS and everything works as it should. The only problem I now have is when I insert a cart and boot it boots to SpartaDOS and not the cart.

Is there anything in the BIOS I need to set?

I first changed the RD4and 5 resistors to 2,2K as told in the incognito install doc but didn't work so I replaced them with the original 680 ohm resistors and still doesn't work

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, videofx said:

Happy New Year Everyone!

Installed my Incognito in my Atari 800 and updated the BIOS and everything works as it should. The only problem I now have is when I insert a cart and boot it boots to SpartaDOS and not the cart.

Is there anything in the BIOS I need to set?

I first changed the RD4and 5 resistors to 2,2K as told in the incognito install doc but didn't work so I replaced them with the original 680 ohm resistors and still doesn't work

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Not sure if you should try anything else without the replacement resistors...

BUT... unless Cartridges' boot-control flag specifically request NO booting, SDX will kick-in, as long as it is enabled on BIOS. In other words, try disabling SDX at BIOS main menu, and then attempt booting your cart, with NO MEDIA of any kind attached (including SIO).

If you first get a splash-screen with Incognito logo, and you can read the "D" option enabled at the bottom, just type "D" and point to an empty drive (1, 2, 3, etc.) to boot your cart. This feature, of course, can also be controlled at BIOS.

If, after all this, you somehow still get to SDX prompt, with your cart plugged in, just type "CAR" at prompt... and if you CANNOT get to the cart this way, we do have a major problem.

Edited by Faicuai
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Faicuai said:

If, after all this, you somehow still get to SDX prompt, with your cart plugged in, just type "CAR" at prompt... and if you CANNOT get to the cart this way, we do have a major problem.

Thanks Faicuai!

If I type CAR at the SDX prompt the carts work. If I turn off SDX they work.  

So now I can put my 800 back together :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 1/4/2020 at 10:22 AM, bandit said:

Just found the file to fix cartridge port.

bios-update.xex 17.13 kB · 10 downloads

On 1/4/2020 at 10:35 AM, flashjazzcat said:

Don't flash that after applying my firmware.

Can you give us the full story about why this is wrong to do, this kind of stuff tends to happen again and again unless the involved parties deliver the answers straight from their mouths (keyboards) in sufficient detail that the casual user and the long time user can digest it?