IGNORED

Does the box add value?

I have a set of gemini paddles.  But was looking at some official driving and tennis paddles.  Found this.  Always seen them loose on ebay or where ever.  But never seen a box before.  Especially in decent condition.  As a collector does the box add any value.  I know somethings like systems and stuff do.  But in this case is it worth bidding fir the box.  Or just get a loose set.  There is 2 loose driving and 2 loose tennis paddles (4 total) for 25 right now.  How important is the box for collecting or resale value someday.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F264583496523

It may just come down to personal preference. Some people pay a bit more for items that have the box, but most collectors want items to still be sealed in the box. I wouldn't pay more for items with boxes, but that's just me. If you're going to use the items, don't worry about the box. If you are going to put the items back in the box and put them away for 20 years, then I'm sure the box will add some value. Things are only worth what someone is willing to pay.

It's a nice box, if I lived in the states I'd probably be interested. Yes for collectors boxes are great. There is one type that doesn't use their collection and yes love everything sealed, and there is collectors that use them, and it's less of an issue. 

I'm a gamer / collector, and like many people in my situation I have a house too small to store my own trinkets. Boxes are incredibly useful as both storage as you can tetris them into nooks and crannies  AND it looks better than having them loose or in a generic plastic or cardboard box. 

For young uns, it might not be as important as once it's out the box it's gone but for the rest of us it's helpful. Yes it ups the price normally.