IGNORED

Original Masterplay replacement button found

Swami

Like many people here, I have a loose original Masterplay with no auxiliary button. I found this possible replacement one a while ago but didn't feel like signing up for another new account with some unknown website store for one item I wasn't sure would work. However, I found items like it are few and expensive, and this one is only $10.00, so, I finally went back and ordered it. It arrived today (by registered mail from RUSSIA!!!) and I tested it out and it works perfectly and even comes with a velcro strap for the button. I'm not sure where you are supposed to put this button with an Atari 2600 CX-40 joystick, but I ended up wrapping it around my left index finger and positioning it so I could press it with my thumb, if needed. I played defender on the 5200 with it and it worked well. It is a little awkward, as I expect it would be anywhere you have this separate button velco-strapped on, but the button was very responsive. AND, it's waterproof to boot, LOL.

http://www.easy2led.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=193

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, 0078265317 said:

Nice.  But OG masterplayis so expensive probably not nany people have it.  Its like 300 something on ebay now.

Loose ones are on there sometimes for $75. I got mine on ebay a couple years ago for that. The $300 one on eBay is complete and new in box, so no need to order a $10 button from Mother Russia in that case. That's really rare one.