IGNORED

Eiffel and Spectre incompat

Goochman

ugh  - Ive been pulling my hair out a few days as Ive been trying to get Spectre running now that I have a sweet PS/2 keyboard and mouse attached to my Mega 2 via the Eiffel adapter.  I am using a PS/2 connected keyboard and PS/2 compat USB mouse with the Eiffel.

I havent been able to get Spectre to start - getting error msgs that something is wrong with the ROMs.

I took the Eiffel out and put my Mega 2 ST keyboard and mouse back in and Spectre runs fine.

Anyone else see this behavior and found a work around?  Id really like to use the PS/2 keyboard and mouse for my Mac fun!

Ok false alarm here......I couldnt get Spectre to work with the Eiffel no matter what I did.  I plugged my Mega keyboard in (which required me to remove and reinsert the Spectre cart) - as luck would have it Spectre worked.

I went to run Spectre today with my Mega keyboard and it wouldnt start :( - After some jiggering of the cart it worked, so I went back to my Eiffel connector and Spectre worked no problem.

Any other Spectre users out there?