IGNORED

Dracula the Undead - one of my fav games of 2019

awbacon

when I decided to play this for my season about Dracula, I went in 100% blind. I knew the game existed but short of that I had zero expectations for it. 

was I ever wrong. Turned out one of my favorite games I played in 2019 was a Lynx point and click adventure game!

I was super into the atmosphere, sound, story, gameplay...the whole package. Would have been super interesting had it actually come out on the Jag CD as an enhanced port, but I’m fine with the Lynx version

Edited by awbacon

• 1 month later...

Agreed.  It's a great game, and its short length makes having a password or continue feature not really necessary.

I remember climbing down the outer wall to a lower tier and wondering why I couldn't get into any of the windows though.  It was later that I discovered the final release was truncated.

Are there any prototype ROM images laying around with additional rooms or anything?  I heard a rumor that the full release would have used EEPROM for saving, which was ahead of its time for a console game.