IGNORED

Sony PVM 1943MD For Sale

Tempest

I'm thinking about selling my PVM 1943MD. The monitor is in good shape physically (some scratches on the paint), but there is a spot on the bottom underneath where the plastic of the bezel and the metal of the body meet that doesn't mate right (I'll get a picture of it later) although this is purely cosmetic and can't be seen unless you flip it upside down (so don't do that).

The picture itself is good, but I strongly suspect it will need a recap eventually. I've adjusted and geometry the best I can get it, but it's not perfect. I don't know if someone who has more skill than I could fix it without recapping or not. I'm being overly picky about it and games look just fine, but I know people get picky about their PVM geometry so I thought I'd mention it.  I used this monitor as my main gaming display for years until I decided to go with a TV instead (size over quality).

Is anyone in the SE Michigan area interested in it?  I really don't want to ship this. I fear that no matter how well I pack it, it's going to die in transit (plus it's heavy as heck). I'll be at the MGC in Milwaukee in a few months, so I could also bring it there if someone is interested.  Otherwise I could have FedEx or UPS package it up, but I imagine that is going to cost a pretty penny.

I'm not sure what to ask price-wise either.  20" PVMs are hard to find (most tend to be 15"), but it's not the holy BVM model that everyone raves about (although those are overrated IMHO).  Ebay says about $500+, but I'm not expecting that much.  I'll try and come up with a price, but f someone wants to make a good offer in the meantime go for it.

Here are some pictures, I'll get some better ones soon.

Isn't it cute?

PVM2.thumb.jpg.9f4af31a538456ff5eb34e14dd883215.jpg

Notice how the right side isn't quite as straight as the left?  I swear you can't tell in a game unless there's a straight line one the side of the screen.

PVM1.thumb.jpg.3dd88adfbfc24929bcaf574343daac3d.jpg