IGNORED

The review of A-Z of Atari ST Games Volume 3 book RetroLaird is trying to delete!

5 hours ago, Octav1us said:

He told me that he had been kicked off forums because they were nasty. They made me not want to come onto places like this.

Now I know that was tosh. And the connections I have made on the back of this have been great, so many lovely people.

We have already won. ❤️

This.

Good things have happened out of this shitstorm -- bringing people together who would otherwise not really have had a reason to talk or have actively been kept apart by egotistical controlling lies. I know AtariAge has been a constant hate target for KH, with no actual basis other than people rejecting a toxic individual. There are loads of knowledgeable and decent folks here and all my hardware projects have a home here -- I've never had any issues. Be a decent person and you will be accepted, be a toxic and argumentative egomaniac and you will be rejected. It's not rocket science.

I always try and find the good in a situation and hope karma plays its part. Took it's bloody time here, mind... ?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

46 minutes ago, Welshworrier said:

He's already trying to become admin on other groups, so keep the data flowing.

Are they groups of any note?
Are they worth consideration.
If anyone is foolish enough to interact with him they deserve everything they get.

We know full well he is never going away, so we just gird our loins and armed with the experience learned from the recent events and those of the last fifteen years, from the tales of woe from all who have learned to their regret that his "friendship" was a mere smokescreen for his spite and bile for people who are actual achievers, we ignore him.
A bully only wins if he gets a reaction.
Keep his channels closed, ignore any dubious "friend" requests, turn a deaf ear to his feckless witterings and he will have his teeth pulled.
He is seriously deranged but will never seek professional help. There is none for the sociopaths of the world.
"It is very difficult to treat sociopathic behavior, or people who have antisocial personality disorder. Part of the problem is that by definition, someone with this disorder is unable to see how their behavior is problematic and is unlikely to seek a diagnosis or treatment for their disorder. Often those who receive treatment are somehow convinced, coerced, or forced to receive it.
There are successful treatment options out there for people with antisocial personality disorder. Unfortunately, you can’t really be “cured” of the disorder, but treatment can lessen some of the symptoms."
His presence at any or all of the events will almost certainly not be tolerated. He would be a disturbance, an irritant or worse for those he has negatively affected in the past, a threat to himself and others with possibilities of violent interaction.
He has shown himself to the UK scene to be a buffoon, a traitor, a deceptive and underhanded liar and purveyor of falsehoods in both his "professional" and social arenas.
There is no place for him in the Retro community from here on in, if indeed there ever was.
He brings nothing to the scene as a whole, he has nothing creative, positive or proactive to contribute, he never did.

He is a turd that has been washed away and while he may have left a stain, the smell will eventually fade.
Let him seek out other turds and they can fester together.

• Like 3

Will be taking break, no pun intended,  just back from Derriford Hospital, Freedom Unit, Plastic Surgery,  Surgeon Dr L.Vermaak (if I can read nurses handwriting :-))) 

No fake NHS letter here.

f##ked myself up at work a year after being put in hospital,  to the day.

I have forwarded on material to an associate, detailing Kierens involvement in Guru Larry Fact Hunt book,so buyers can be made aware.

Book a verified purchase on Amazon.co.uk 

Image quality low,  but can only use 1 hand and I'm medicated to the eyes at present. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lost Dragon said:

Will be taking break, no pun intended,  just back from Derriford Hospital, Freedom Unit, Plastic Surgery,  Surgeon Dr L.Vermaak (if I can read nurses handwriting :-))) 

No fake NHS letter here.

f##ked myself up at work a year after being put in hospital,  to the day.

I have forwarded on material to an associate, detailing Kierens involvement in Guru Larry Fact Hunt book,so buyers can be made aware.

Book a verified purchase on Amazon.co.uk 

Image quality low,  but can only use 1 hand and I'm medicated to the eyes at present. 

Damn, seems crises like those tend to be cyclical, at least in my experience.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, DeadPixels said:

Damn, seems crises like those tend to be cyclical, at least in my experience.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Very much appreciated. 

Have to say the NHS teams were simply bloody amazing.

From Launceston Minor Injuries to all at Derriford. 

Cannot thank them enough. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Landstalker said:

2020-02-28_12-49-30.png.c49c7f00ebe0ffbc7863c66883047d75.png

Isn’t that the same account that actively posts screenshots from this thread?

That’s some quality cognitive dissonance there. I’m talking irony so rich and delicious that Anthony Bourdain would rise from the dead and travel to some picturesque, remote mountaintop village to gobble it down with crusty bread. 

Edited by DeadPixels
  • Haha 3

Just now, Welshworrier said:

Yep, previously known as jattdave.

The irony of calling a song ironic that doesn't have any examples of irony in it level.

Is it a bit like rain on a wedding day? Or perhaps a free ride when you’re already late?

That song has gnawed at my sanity for over two decades. Thanks for rekindling the trauma. ;)

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, SainT said:

This.

Good things have happened out of this shitstorm -- bringing people together who would otherwise not really have had a reason to talk or have actively been kept apart by egotistical controlling lies. I know AtariAge has been a constant hate target for KH, with no actual basis other than people rejecting a toxic individual. There are loads of knowledgeable and decent folks here and all my hardware projects have a home here -- I've never had any issues. Be a decent person and you will be accepted, be a toxic and argumentative egomaniac and you will be rejected. It's not rocket science.

I always try and find the good in a situation and hope karma plays its part. Took it's bloody time here, mind... ?

Keep thinking of this scene for some reason

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, festershinetop said:

Am i missing something here, how can a Video CD be a "Homebrew Game" ?.

Kieren_Hawken_LinkedIn-2020-02-28_20_29_57.thumb.png.7aba1f315ed960dcc028c52e07d761a4.png

Lol, I missed this one...how exciting to buy a collection of videos that you can find on YouTube. 

Given everything we've learned, do we have proof that the "charity" wasn't his own bank account?

• Like 3

My account was briefly reactivated solely for this purpose and this post is directed towards Lawrence, Timothy, Graeme and to all members of Reboot, as well as those who i have attacked with my actions: I’m sorry. I’m sorry for acting like a complete fucking ass on AtariAge for my negative comments towards Reboot. I apologize for the “slander” i threw against Timothy on sites such as YouTube and on Jaguar Sector III in regards to former forum member “chickybaby”, which proved to be untrue after looking it up for said “allegations” after he told me via PM at Facebook when we were “friends”. I know full damn well that this post won’t serve as an ammendment for all the damage, harm and shitstorm i have caused for these 3 years online directed against the Reboot team and other forum members here, but i just want to move on from this drama.

This has been years ago but i’ll try my best to recount how i met Kieren: I found out about Kieren’s YouTube channel some years ago and i thought “its a pretty decent  gaming channel” and gave him a sub. I was a member at Atari Jaguar Fans on Facebook, where i found out Kieren was a memeber there. I do still remember the day Kieren announced at Jaguar Fans that he created the Jaguar Sector III group and i thought “Oh cool! A spiritual successor to that one Atari Jaguar forum i used to find out pretty damn cool images!”. I joined in but little did i knew what it would later become… Time passed after i joined said group and i became a friend of Kieren on Facebook.

When Kieren posted some of the stuff about Reboot, i blindly agree with what he was saying without a second thought. When he also told me about said “allegations”, i also believe in what he said but that did not end well for me on YouTube. One day, i decided to look for said “allegations”, only to come out empty-handed. That led me to think “there’s nothing about Timothy in regards to this kind of mentality…”. After watching the video about Kieren’s past behaviors, i said to myself in the head “I became the one doing his dirty work… fucking hell…”. What i’ve done to some people online will follow me until my death and i still kicking myself in the teeth for not archiving the conversations i had with Kieren over the course of three years where he threw me the “allegations” about Timothy…

When Kieren brought his commentary about Octav1us on JSIII, i did not care in the slightest and i didn’t followed the “Horacegate” debacle. However, once i watched the video, that comment he made about her made a whole lot of sense. There was some shady stuff about Kieren. To be honest, this is actually not the first time i found out about his shit; When i was working on the Wikipedia article about Blue Lightning on Jaguar CD, i noticed that the Kristi Louise Herd / Imagitec Design interview hosted on C64.COM reminded me an awful lot of Kieren’s article about Blue Lighning as a whole, specifically the Jaguar CD remake bit. Then, i procedeed to make a comparison and turns out that he commited plagiarism. Don’t believe me? I left the references at the Wiki article for verification so everybody can see it by themselves if anybody has the issue in question…

During Shawn Lavery’s stay as an administrator on JSIII, he began blocking spies and Kieren told me via PM that he was planning to ban Shawn if he continued to do said actions. Needless to say, he was banned and that marked the end of his interest with the Jaguar. I saw Andrew Rosa’s post about the video by Retro Gamer Alert. I watched it and at first i didn’t wanted to post a comment, knowing full well the consequences that would bring towards me but in the end, i posted a neutral commentary giving my thoughts about it. I was attending college the next day when i arrived and he said “why on earth are you talking shit about me?” I knew that he banned me but then Kieren said Jeffrey was the one who banned me, even though i’m good friends with Jeff and i knew about his opinion on Andrew so him banning me did not made a lick of sense. As soon as he told me that, i was disgusted. I was backstabbed after collaborating on his fucking group for 3 goddamn years. All that effort and time i invested on the group was for nothing. I don’t give a flying fuck if you label me as a troublemaker Ki, you’re a backstabbing two-faced snake of an individual. So this is the kind of enjoyment you like to have behind your multi-accounts? You’re one seriously fucked dude. Also, nice try when you threw my name with that dud of a post at JSIII. Even friends of mine at FB didn’t believed that farse…

So that’s pretty much my experience i had with Mr. Hawken over time. I hope to those who are currently involved and to those who were previously involved in the Jaguar homebrew scene are doing well. You’re the few people who’re keeping the system’s history and spirit alive. After this post, i’ll exile myself from the forum because quite frankly, i don’t think i fit here anymore after my misdeeds…

I left the message when he noticed my comment + one that proves he is a shitty liar because fuck you Kieren, that’s why…

RetroLiar1.png

RetroLiar2.jpg

Edited by KidGameR186496
Edited for clarity sake...
  • Like 9

Thank you very much for your apology, KidGameR. I really appreciate it, as well as what you've done the last few days to try to undo some of the damage you had caused on Kieren's behalf. You being able to come back here and make this kind of an apology shows you are a much bigger man than Kieren will ever be. With that, I don't see a need for you to exile yourself from here, but ultimately that's up to you.

• Like 11

There is a lot of collateral damage out there with people still reading the comments that have been made and these comments are still causing, and will continue to cause for several years, harm to people and their reputations.  I am encouraged to see that you have made an effort to clean some of this up, and hope that this continues.

However, having said that, I echo what Sauron said above. 

It takes a huge amount of courage and self reflection to make an apology - this is a good start.

• Like 9

Google's generated subtitles are hilarious yet strangely apt in some ways.

His grasp on the English language is bizarre if you listen to his opening statement.
"Here is the video I've all been promising you...."
All been promising? 
His meds, which he states on his FB page are making him sleepy. They're obviously affecting his speech centres.

"It's been a long wait for it in anticipation..."
In anticipation of what???
Yes, I'm nitpicking but this video then tells me that the quick guide is in "ALL" languages.
Either the print is exceptionally small or he could be wrong in his assertion of the number of languages covered.
Does it cater for our Tagalog or Inuit speakers?
As I do own one of these machines I can say, without fear of contradiction that is most certainly does not.
Anyway...
If Kieren had a pound for ever time he uses the word "SO" he'd be an exceptionally rich little boy. But that's just an observation.

2020-02-29_12-57-50.png

Edited by Landstalker
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, festershinetop said:

I've got a sneaky suspicion that because he killed the original channel before youtube did he may have found a loophole.

It's not like it's setting the world on fire or going to be paying for his retirement though is it?
But regardless of loopholes, it's almost certain that while he is obviously pussyfooting around and playing it fairly safe with console and game videos, it won't be long before the bile starts creeping back in, along with misappropriated content.

• Like 2