Jump to content
RetroLiar

The review of A-Z of Atari ST Games Volume 3 book RetroLaird is trying to delete!

Recommended Posts

Predictable as the sun rising and setting, exactly what was mentioned has happened in just a few hours. Shows you only have to touch the right issue and it unfolds just as you’d expect. He’s also now had the gall to attempt to mention my name and that of Revival, so maybe now is the time to start unloading eh....

 

So first off - Joe Milano has once again hidden posts to followers only. It won’t last as he needs it to bolster his arguments.

 

Second - tweeted on atarifan that he was woken at 3am (can’t even tell the truth about the time as with daylight savings change last night, my post was nearly 5 am U.K. time) to hear this. If you have notifications turned on for a thread about yourself that is capable of waking you up with an alarm it tells you everything you need to know about your worry and your ego. Has posted several times in succession this morning in attempt to damage control and bite back - with zero substance to any of the posts.

 

has a conversation on atarifan with a ‘user has blocked this tweet’ account - most likely that Joe Milano one, as someone on there points out; having a conversation with himself. How would Joe Milano about this post and have time to talk to ‘notkeeran’ about it this morning if it wasn’t him? What a clown.

 

Takes opportunity to have a poke at easy target Fogarty this morning alongside these, as attempt to deflect the inevitable tweets incoming to pan down what was posted here last night.

 

Oh, and while we are at it, let’s address a biggie shall we, seeing as he dared to pull at that thread...

 

In his 15-sheet bog roll, one of his spurious claims he tries to use to be butthurt at me about is that he claims ownership to, and claims to be founder of, the Revival events, including the origin of the name itself (see screenshot). As I’ve said before in my original statement, this is utter bollocks and something the idiot has attempted to retro-fit some ‘facts’ into to try and support his revisionist outlook of history, and his manipulative ways of trying to create so-called evidence to persuade others, when all he does is persuade himself of his own lies. Taking his advice, I “just googled because the evidence is all over the internet”, and look what turned up; on these very forums no less! This is some throwaway tiny gathering he tried to hold way back in 2010, 3 whole years before I even knew who the fuck he was, that wasn’t event called ‘Revival’ or even ‘Retro Revival’ as he claims is the origin of our name - the event was called ‘Jagfest X’ and from the sound of the content was pretty much all Atari based, with an ex ludicrous Atari trader and all Atari systems listed, posted on an Atari forum few people in the U.K. used at the time. To fabricate his ‘evidence’ he simply cropped off the Jagfest X title to leave his irrelevant subtitle and removed the picture from its thread to remove any context and make it fit his will. The Google search and some extensive conversations with a lot of long-connected U.K. scene people revealed the truth. See my screenshots belie of the AtariAge post about it. The event seemed to have very little interest or input from anybody in the time it was up, it’s the single reference online I can find about it, and literally no-one, including Chris when I showed him, has even fucking heard of it until Hawkins used it in his exposee. Considering I know and am connected with thousands of people in the U.K. scene, considering there wasn’t even a regular event scene here at that point and considering there is nothing to show if it even went ahead, it’s fair to say that anyone’s knowledge of it here who didn’t go is close to zero. Knowing How conventions are and given that there were nearly no retrogaming conventions happening at the time, had it had been of any significance and attended by anyone beyond a handful of people, you’d expect there to be hundreds of photos, video footage and write-ups of it. Having a good dig and asking around, I can find nothing at all to record it ever even happened, or if it did that it was anything more than the size of a LAN party at home. For comparison, Chris Wilkins’ two events in 2004 and 2008 (before there even was a scene) still has mentions, write-ups and there is even some grainy VGA camera footage of both still to be found on YouTube of them, and they were only small.

 

So that’s just 1 of a dozen points he raised about me I’m able to prove with ACTUAL evidence is complete bullshit on his part. Even his twitter attempt at criticism today calls ours ‘Retro Revival’, in attempts to cling to that personal truth he so desperately clings to. Revival as a name was conceptualised by me and me alone and I created the logo and all branding associated with it before even running it by Chris, who originally wanted to call it by the name of his original events ‘Retro Fusion’ (after his magazine) but I convinced him it needed to be something completely new. So now we can finally put this one to bed, you achievement-poaching prick. The event has grown every year since you were given your marching orders, and it’s nothing you can ever lay claim to, charlatan. Even Chris acknowledges Revival has grown to far bigger appeal and possibilities since he departed way back in 2014 with just me driving it - an enormous task of personal sacrifice and perseverance, not to mention organisation, for pretty much zero return, purely for a hobby I love - something you would no nothing about.

 

I’ve got loads more actual evidence disproving other things, if he attempts to provoke me further. Not to mention what I spoke about in our final ever conversations.

34F91471-1A88-419D-9D37-167B012C2F24.jpeg

781E0276-0EB8-4144-8FF7-1FEEE5317DE0.png

B4AAE479-EEA7-4E73-A2E0-D00E99B101E0.png

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Backed into a corner the usual snide barbs are sadly lacking as it would seem these posted comments are irrefutable and any attempt to deny or justify said remarks would simply add fuel to the ever increasing fire.

Currently waiting for a reply to the final comment.

2020-03-29_15-14-13.png

2020-03-29_15-14-38.png

2020-03-29_15-15-06.png

2020-03-29_15-32-53.png

Edited by Landstalker
additions
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you need to find out the "blocked" posts then just search and view in browser instead of the twitter app. I.e. Not logged in. If you do that then you'll see the following. 

 

He's in talk to himself mode, much like when he used to talk to Jason Jonson

 

 

Screenshot_20200329_132216_com.android.chrome.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And now these 2 idiotic and incriminating knee-jerk replies he couldn’t stop himself from making have already been deleted. Textbook responses and again, already way too late as the evidence has already been captured and documented. He just can’t help himself and can’t change his pattern of predictable activity. He literally spends every waking minute at a computer or glued to some kind of device. I am entirely dependent on my phone for business, social and all kinds of communication and an conscious I use my phone too much... this fool has no life, no friends and no proper job so I can only imagine how much time he must commit each day to orchestrating a symphony of so many sockpuppets not just in one place, but across multiple platforms. He must sit there looking like a complete lunatic.

543F2172-741D-4519-9ABD-23434C6648C9.png

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Welshworrier said:

If you need to find out the "blocked" posts then just search and view in browser instead of the twitter app. I.e. Not logged in. If you do that then you'll see the following. 

 

He's in talk to himself mode, much like when he used to talk to Jason Jonson

 

 

Screenshot_20200329_132216_com.android.chrome.jpg

Oh yeah, I know that and I’ve been reading his pokes at me for a while now, thinking I can’t see them or that there are dozens of people copying them to me anyway, knowing my credibility is a million times above what he has ever had. So now it’s time for rebuttal number 2:

 

I’ve told people I went to his wedding. Virtually no one turned up and as acquaintances at the time several of us turned up and stayed longer than we really should because we felt very sorry for him. I won’t share the photo because it’s personal, but there’s a photo of 5 of us in the photo with him and his brother when the reception was dead before 9pm. In that photo is Chris Wilkins (trying to support the guy who by this point had already done several questionable actions, like reviewing on of Chris’ books he contributed to and pointing out mistakes), a major member of my Revival team who doesn’t argue with anybody and yet had to take issue with things Kieren was doing against us, one guy who attended and helped out with several sociable events and Revival exhibits in the past, is very popular and has no reason to argue with anyone, and another guy who vehemently defended Kirun until he started to receive personal messages from that seriously incriminated him and him saying some horrible things about Sarah and the other female youtubers, at a time he was blaming everyone else for saying them, including myself.

 

every single one of us photographed has either been blocked by Keeren, been attacked by him, been shunned by him, or offended someone they know and they no longer have anything to do with him. So why he would bring up that any of us were at his wedding is counter-productive to any point he is trying to make; all of us who were there can’t fucking stand him.

 

Again, gone to identical behaviour of talking to his own sockpuppets in a place he thinks they can’t be argued with, and yet it’s plainly here for all to see. With no evidence to refute what’s being said and adding no weight to his “it’s all bullshit and that must be the truth because I said so” repeated strawman argument.

 

There’s plenty more of these I’m prepared to unload, and they only get worse and worse every time. Keep poking, prick, you know I won’t back down and remember what I once told you.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Mr.T

Didn't his wedding reception take place in an aeroplane hanger or something ? WHY? I've seen some photos. He's dressed in a kilt as far as I remember it.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

at this stage in the game i don't know why he is still bothering. he should just go away and never come back. go and find another hobby as no-one is ever going to accept him again in this community. what he has done and continues to attempt to do to many people is a disgrace that he will be taken to task for. sadly for him, too, even his supposed "supporters" as listed in his 15 pages of toilet paper think he is a twat and want nothing to do with him. as mr t and others say he has done far too much for this just to be shrugged off and everyone of sound mind knows this. at this stage of play even a full apology would not excuse him as he has chosen to behave like an absolute freak and a creep since all of this came to a head, doubling down every step of the way. he has chosen to continue with his turnip headed wild orangutan behaviour merely in a vain attempt to bolster his own self image, or at least that must be it as no one else is listening aside from to casually observe the human car crash taking place. he's literally scrabbling around in his own shit. does he honestly think posting garbage back and forth between his twitter accounts etc is fooling anyone - or, more importantly, of interest to anyone ? same with his comments on youtube where he (beast666 or forza77 or any of the others) asks himself questions and talks about how brilliant he or his content is. kieren, regardless of whether you admit this in public or not (and let's not bullshit we all know those accounts are yours you chump), are you really that daft that you think this is acceptable and not totally transparent behaviour ? it's unreal. literally no-one cares what you say aside from those watching you to confirm that you have learned nothing from your recent escapades and that you should continue to be ostracised from now on. also, you don't decide you are professional at something, or good at something, that's for the public to decide and the public have very much spoken on this one. as was said above in a post about one of his books, even a young child knew it was written by an absolute moron. also, to have tracked down this person merely because they left a bad review is genuinely beyond pathetic and shows how few copies he must be shifting of his rubbish books. he is beyond sad and really needs to get a life at this stage although he has demonstrated that this will never happen as he has zero else to do. if he is this shit at writing books and making videos etc, which he claims to be his grand skills and his "livelihood" (presumably he gets benefits too as neither of these things will pay him anywhere near a living wage), then what on earth would he go to do if he left these things behind ? i predict a future of getting sacked from multiple outlets for being unable to ask "do you want salt and vinegar with that ?" without getting into a heated, pointless argument with everyone present. if all he plans to do from here on in is talk shit to himself on twitter and send emails packed with bullshit, lies and requests for pity to people then, really, he would be better off actually getting a life and doing something genuinely constructive elsewhere. there's nothing for him in the retro community any more. it's over, the cat is out the bag and the more he tries to jam it back in the more it will scratch at him. he's banned from all events, he's a known liar and troublemaker and all of his "friends" in the industry have deserted him to go to e-hospital for treatment on the knife wounds in their backs. if he is trying to delude himself into believing that 99.99% of people don't think he's an absolute scumbag then he had better be able to lie to himself better than he lies to others !

  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Priceless!
"Award-winning journalist" who doesn't know the difference between slander and libel.

The snippet below is referencing comments here and elsewhere that people have written about him.

Slander is verbal.
Poor lamb.

2020-03-29_19-57-54.png

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Landstalker said:

Priceless!
"Award-winning journalist" who doesn't know the difference between slander and libel.

The snippet below is referencing comments here and elsewhere that people have written about him.

Slander is verbal.
Poor lamb.

2020-03-29_19-57-54.png

To be fair he said he worked for the Award Winning Retro Gamer. I don't think he claimed to have won awards himself, Dickhead of the Year might be a goer mind you.

I appreciate his admission now that he is and has never been autistic. 

 

 

Clipboard01.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I can share a bit of light on Kieren's 'Retro Revival' event as I did attend this for a few hours on the Saturday of the weekend.

 

I got there early to mid-afternoon and as I'd promised to bring my then-new PS3 to the event, got that set up with a screen as there was a table left for me to do so with.

 

The event wasn't that well supported - there were a few people there but most of them were not gamers. To be fair to them, they were members of the Cheshunt Computer Club, who tend to be more based around the Atari 'Power Users' principle, still keeping that idea alive all these years later (it was a marketing ploy for Atari-supporting retailers back in the late 80s and early 90s when the ST and Amiga were on sale in stores). These guys tended to have very customised Falcons and STs there, one or two there also had laptops too.

 

So it wasn't too much of a gaming event, but a chance to sit and chat with the guys from the Cheshunt club, as I hadn't seen quite a few of them for a couple of years or so.

 

I have a feeling that it might have been at the same event that Chickybaby was there too, but maybe I'm getting confused with another Jagfest UK time TBH. I recall she certainly appeared in person at one of those.

 

Although to be fair, Mr T is right, KH had no damn reason to think that Revival was his original event, as it wasn't. Mr T approached me at a Play Expo event some years ago to tell me about Revival, that he and Chris were organizing. He also told me that the Centre for Computing History were also involved, which they were at least for the first and maybe the second Revival. I think RCM (Retro Computer Museum) were also involved with Revival too.

 

Hopefully this clears a few things up.

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I find interesting is, how in this grab Mr. T, shows how Kizza is talking to himself.

It's become so normal and run of the mill that no-one bothers to even acknowledge the absurdity of this anymore.

 

It's the childish playground motivation that drives him to try this to convince us all that it isn't his account when

we know it bloody well is. 

I'd never mock anyone for mental illness as I've been susceptible to bouts of depression myself, but if ever there were a time to call in the men in the white coats, it's now!

Screenshot_20200329_132216_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.9631b4ddb6b2b3472c7cb921ae046fca.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, ∞ Vince ∞ said:

What I find interesting is, how in this grab Mr. T, shows how Kizza is talking to himself.

It's become so normal and run of the mill that no-one bothers to even acknowledge the absurdity of this anymore.

 

It's the childish playground motivation that drives him to try this to convince us all that it isn't his account when

we know it bloody well is. 

I'd never mock anyone for mental illness as I've been susceptible to bouts of depression myself, but if ever there were a time to call in the men in the white coats, it's now!

Screenshot_20200329_132216_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.9631b4ddb6b2b3472c7cb921ae046fca.jpg

There's a huge difference between depression and delusion. Kieren clearly suffers from a huge case of the latter.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Felice_Atari said:

I think I can share a bit of light on Kieren's 'Retro Revival' event as I did attend this for a few hours on the Saturday of the weekend.

 

I got there early to mid-afternoon and as I'd promised to bring my then-new PS3 to the event, got that set up with a screen as there was a table left for me to do so with.

 

The event wasn't that well supported - there were a few people there but most of them were not gamers. To be fair to them, they were members of the Cheshunt Computer Club, who tend to be more based around the Atari 'Power Users' principle, still keeping that idea alive all these years later (it was a marketing ploy for Atari-supporting retailers back in the late 80s and early 90s when the ST and Amiga were on sale in stores). These guys tended to have very customised Falcons and STs there, one or two there also had laptops too.

 

So it wasn't too much of a gaming event, but a chance to sit and chat with the guys from the Cheshunt club, as I hadn't seen quite a few of them for a couple of years or so.

 

I have a feeling that it might have been at the same event that Chickybaby was there too, but maybe I'm getting confused with another Jagfest UK time TBH. I recall she certainly appeared in person at one of those.

 

Although to be fair, Mr T is right, KH had no damn reason to think that Revival was his original event, as it wasn't. Mr T approached me at a Play Expo event some years ago to tell me about Revival, that he and Chris were organizing. He also told me that the Centre for Computing History were also involved, which they were at least for the first and maybe the second Revival. I think RCM (Retro Computer Museum) were also involved with Revival too.

 

Hopefully this clears a few things up.

 

Like I said, I guessed it was about the size of a LAN party - certainly not even big enough to be called an event, and clearly not memorable enough to be noted by anyone in order for anyone to ‘copy it’. As it shows, it was an Atari-centred meeting consisting mostly of one computer club group. The South West Amiga Group meets are bigger than this at 50+ people, have guests and food and drink put on, and they’re hosted several times a year without breaking a sweat. 25 people? I’ve had bigger gaming parties at my house.

 

The bottom line is, the title of the meet was ‘Jagfest X’ and nothing related to Revival, like you say. You were around in the early days of the first event being organised, and it was chiefly done with support from RCM and CFCH. When Chris introduced him to me long after we had already begun organisation, we had already established and organised everything - he had nothing to do with organising, had no position of responsibility, nothing to do with fundraising and only ever provided a few pieces of kit, not even assisting anyone else with their setup and taking off the minute his things were packed at each event he was at. Him claiming ownership of coming up with the idea, creating the name, suggesting we stole the name and idea from him, or his claims of level of involvement are all delusion and grandiose exaggerations of his significance in anything we did. Not forgetting he hasn’t been a part of anything since 2016.

 

Whilst he insists on throwing stones in that greenhouse he’s in, it’s been brought to my attention in PM’s that ‘Jagfest’ as an event was actually started in America, a European version was held in Germany at some point, and then only one U.K. version if the event happened, and I can’t establish if that actually happened in 2009 or 2010. But whatever happened with it, it seems people involved and those responsible for the European version it was poached from by Keyrun found it to be a source of bickering, in-fighting and drama and hence why no more of them took place. Thank you to the person who dug this information up and gives yet more evidence of his lack of credibility, lack of competence to put together a proper event, and lack of conscience in trying to build his own status up off the back of someone else’s idea. The concept of him being in charge of an event is laughable, and any event he has been involved in has ended up with withdrawn contributors, backstabbing and eventual complete collapse of future event possibility. If you want to read about this one you can read about it here, and check out the screenshots attached to get what little insight we can find on this ‘major event organiser’s legacy he claims to have and that we apparently stole:

 

 

It’s worth mentioning that this wasn’t the only epic failure of eventing the wotsit was responsible for bringing down and ruining completely. Stay tuned and I have the details of two more he absolutely buried due to mismanagement, giving details as to why and one being shockingly hypocritical, given his outspoken opinions on the Vega+ debacle he jibes at and tried to put himself at as the liberator of the story...

 

Just enjoy this one for now.

F9EC4834-7BCA-4E52-B1DF-FCD4AB52C29D.jpeg

E89B706D-25EB-493D-8ED8-8EB15EA148C2.jpeg

11B12D88-FBF3-4C29-92DE-4001C92C7D5F.jpeg

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr.T said:

But whatever happened with it, it seems people involved and those responsible for the European version it was poached from by Keyrun found it to be a source of bickering, in-fighting and drama and hence why no more of them took place.

This would be the event where Kizzturd and a cohort put up a sign above the toilets with "REBOOT HQ" written on it and all had a jolly good laugh.

 

If only he had actually written Steve Davis Snooker, none of this would have happened.

 

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  

5 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

This would be the event where Kizzturd and a cohort put up a sign above the toilets with "REBOOT HQ" written on it and all had a jolly good laugh.

 

What a clown! Goes out of his way to wind people up then hides under the duvet cover when it all kicks off !

 

_ _ _ _ _

 

30 quid to spend the weekend with the Luton mole-man. Nah you're alright ! 

 

Luton would be a direct train, St Pancras, 40 minutes. I could be there with a coffee in my hand within the hour!

 

But fuck me if I had to listen to his weedy little voice missing out words every other sentence and going on about the non groundbreaking 'groundbreaking' Jaguar, I'd give up!

That Tim Follin Q & A was a prime example of why Kizza should never be in charge of looking after a cat, let alone a gaming event!

 

ROM was a half decent event until he decided the only charity he wanted to support was his bloody self!

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"or whatever lazy anyway?"

Grammar up to par as per usual.
The solitude must be getting to him/her/them, whatever his identity may be today.

the second sentence is also a question, but ends with a full stop. "whatever lazy anyway".

2020-03-30_12-52-26.png

Edited by Landstalker
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Landstalker said:

"or whatever lazy anyway?"

Grammar up to par as per usual.
The solitude must be getting to him/her/them, whatever his identity may be today.

the second sentence is also a question, but ends with a full stop. "whatever lazy anyway".

2020-03-30_12-52-26.png

Seems like an awful lot of effort compared to stealing 50 videos and stitching them together badly, without even putting captions up saying what the games are.  What kind of utter shitbag would do that, eh?

  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"their own person gain"

I suppose when the conversation is between yourself and the voices in your head then correct grammar isn't a priority.

2020-03-30_14-58-10.png

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Mr.T said:

The bottom line is, the title of the meet was ‘Jagfest X’ and nothing related to Revival, like you say. You were around in the early days of the first event being organised, and it was chiefly done with support from RCM and CFCH. When Chris introduced him to me long after we had already begun organisation, we had already established and organised everything - he had nothing to do with organising, had no position of responsibility, nothing to do with fundraising and only ever provided a few pieces of kit, not even assisting anyone else with their setup and taking off the minute his things were packed at each event he was at. Him claiming ownership of coming up with the idea, creating the name, suggesting we stole the name and idea from him, or his claims of level of involvement are all delusion and grandiose exaggerations of his significance in anything we did. Not forgetting he hasn’t been a part of anything since 2016.

 

 

Hi Craig,

  Just to add to what you have put here and has likely been mentioned by others.  JagFest UK was 1st held in Rochester, Kent, in 2003.  It was organised by Nick Harlow and GazTee, and was an ace event.  No where near the sort of scale of the larger Retro events, more of a boutique Atari (mostly Jaguar) themed get together, there was possibly still close to 100 at that 1st event.


The event was repeated each year by Nick until 2006, when I organised the event and it was based in Warrington.  This is the 1st time I recall meeting Kieren, altough looking back at older pictures of JFUK's he was clearly at one in Kent, pictures of him sat with his small card box if Lynx games.  He attended 2006 and brought his collection with him (mostly Lynx stuff IIRC).  That was his total involvement.  However a few years later he was clearly trying to make a name for himself and he was claiming to have help organise the 2006 Jagfest in Warrington.  The entire event was planned, booked and paid for by myself, with no input from Mr Hawken.  I did pull him up on this and his claim was simply that as he bought a ticket, and attended with his collection, he had helped make the event a success, so he clearly helped organise it!!! How can anyone argue with that logic!!  I know I apparently helped organise the London 2012 Paralympics by that standard 😕

The last JFUK I went to was in 2009, which was organised by Mr Hawken, the turnout was less than stunning, the event was on the whole shrinking anyway, but I suspect the more than double ticket price didn't help towards that.  He was very keen to get money for tickets ASAP also, sending out threats of cancelling the whole event if he didn't get ticket payments.  In 2006 the ticket price managed to cover a minibus for everyone to ferry them into the town centre and back to the event, no such extras in 2009.

 

I know exactly what SH3 is referring to in the "Antics" mentioned in the captured picture.  In the tail end of the evening pretty much all attendee's were stood around playing Guitar Hero / Rock Band on Gaz's PS3 that he had brought, generally having a good time and a laugh with each other.  Meanwhile Kieren and DCRip (David Pickens if memory serves) were running around giggling like little kids overtired at a wedding reception.  Literally giggling to each other and running around the hotel.  Turns out this was the infamous creation of the "Reboot office" pictures (a banner taped between 2 urinals in the gents), and "Jaguar CF Prototype" (picture of an empty card board box).  All very very childish.

 

There were more suspect aspects of JFUK 2009 on the Sunday (like when Kieren left early, why he and DCRip were acting like kids).
 

 

 

Edited by LinkoVitch
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, LinkoVitch said:

Hi Craig,

  Just to add to what you have put here and has likely been mentioned by others.  JagFest UK was 1st held in Rochester, Kent, in 2003.  It was organised by Nick Harlow and GazTee, and was an ace event.  No where near the sort of scale of the larger Retro events, more of a boutique Atari (mostly Jaguar) themed get together, there was possibly still close to 100 at that 1st event.


The event was repeated each year by Nick until 2006, when I organised the event and it was based in Warrington.  This is the 1st time I recall meeting Kieren, altough looking back at older pictures of JFUK's he was clearly at one in Kent, pictures of him sat with his small card box if Lynx games.  He attended 2006 and brought his collection with him (mostly Lynx stuff IIRC).  That was his total involvement.  However a few years later he was clearly trying to make a name for himself and he was claiming to have help organise the 2006 Jagfest in Warrington.  The entire event was planned, booked and paid for by myself, with no input from Mr Hawken.  I did pull him up on this and his claim was simply that as he bought a ticket, and attended with his collection, he had helped make the event a success, so he clearly helped organise it!!! How can anyone argue with that logic!!  I know I apparently helped organise the London 2012 Paralympics by that standard 😕

The last JFUK I went to was in 2009, which was organised by Mr Hawken, the turnout was less than stunning, the event was on the whole shrinking anyway, but I suspect the more than double ticket price didn't help towards that.  He was very keen to get money for tickets ASAP also, sending out threats of cancelling the whole event if he didn't get ticket payments.  In 2006 the ticket price managed to cover a minibus for everyone to ferry them into the town centre and back to the event, no such extras in 2009.

 

I know exactly what SH3 is referring to in the "Antics" mentioned in the captured picture.  In the tail end of the evening pretty much all attendee's were stood around playing Guitar Hero / Rock Band on Gaz's PS3 that he had brought, generally having a good time and a laugh with each other.  Meanwhile Kieren and DCRip (David Pickens if memory serves) were running around giggling like little kids overtired at a wedding reception.  Literally giggling to each other and running around the hotel.  Turns out this was the infamous creation of the "Reboot office" pictures (a banner taped between 2 urinals in the gents), and "Jaguar CF Prototype" (picture of an empty card board box).  All very very childish.

 

There were more suspect aspects of JFUK 2009 on the Sunday (like when Kieren left early, why he and DCRip were acting like kids).
 

 

 

So he cannot in his all-too-widely-known stupidity, differentiate between "supporting" and "organising" an event?
His fuckwittedness knows no bounds.
 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Landstalker said:

So he cannot in his all-too-widely-known stupidity, differentiate between "supporting" and "organising" an event?
His fuckwittedness knows no bounds.
 

by this token we all run atariage by posting here. intriguing. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This chump's hypocrisy, coupled with his painful idiocy is mind-blowing!

Some young lady (There might be something in this fact alone, who knows?), who apparently is a gamer, announces on Twitter, that she has deleted her tweets and is leaving with no idea if/or when she will return.
She returns, as is her want, and this freak loses his shit, accusing her of being an attention seeker.

Now colour me baffled, but isn't getting people attention the entire point behind posting on Twitter?
Also, do we not see this kind of disappearing/reappearing act from the Lard with a regularity you could almost set your clock by?

How many other people left Twitter yesterday, today or even as this post is being typed only to reappear in pretty short order?

There's no denying it, he's one of nature's mistakes.

2020-03-29_20-04-38.png

2020-03-30_17-50-55.png

  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent.

All interested parties, please submit your questions via PM to me plus any/all information to validate your point/s.

I was wondering what "answer any questions to put to me" meant, but this can be addressed in the podcast.

"Seen as there are a lot"
Seen?
Seeing.
Dear oh dear.

 

2020-03-30_18-37-20.png

Edited by Landstalker
additions
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...