IGNORED

The review of A-Z of Atari ST Games Volume 3 book RetroLaird is trying to delete!

2 minutes ago, Galahad said:

You sure?  The guy argues quite a bit like Kieren in the link I posted, just wondering why "KidGameR186496" wouldn't adopt the same name on Wikipedia, its not likely to be duplicated by anyone.

Pretty sure, KidGamer (Roberth) was friends and blinded by Kieren's fibs for a while.  I think he has apologised for this in his post on here.  Kieren used to feed him all kinds of malicious crap to help sow his lies.  I assume KGRAMER is a shortened form of KidGameR.  If I am wrong I am sure he will pop up and point that out.  He did do a lot of Kieren's dirty work back in the day and was even a moderator on his echo chamber of hatred and lies (JS3 on Facebook).

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Galahad said:

Just to confirm something you guys probably already know, but Kierens claim that troll account Retro II is linked to Ian Lightbody............ Wrong on that.

I think at this point Kieren is doing the equivalent of holding a fistful of darts and lobbing them all at the dartboard in the hope that at least one of them sticks, and as usual, he just keeps missing.

Does this mean you know who is behind that account?

Brief and boring distraction here,but it follows up an earlier discussion:

So i (briefly)  looked into Kieren's ST was best selling Micro in the UK for 2 years running.

Only looked at 1987 so far and in Spring of that year, Atari UK Boss Bob Gleadow,  states he expects 75,000 ST machines to be sold that year, WH smiths (50 stores)  first major high street chain to get behind it.

Bob Gleadow later jumps on a statement by Nigel Lovett -Turner of Precision Software, who produced database and word processing software. 

Nigel claimed the ST was out selling the Amiga by a 5-to-1 ratio, Gleadow said even that was a conservative estimate, but Nigel also claimed the Amiga was outselling the ST by 20-to1 in Australia. 

Autumn of 87 Atari UK's Peter Walker states he hopes the newly priced £299 520 ST (and the 1040 ST had a £100 price drop a few weeks later) would result in an installed ST User Base of 100,000 by start of 1988.

However, some dealers were unhappy with Atari's annouced price cuts, saying nobody would now buy an ST in the summer, knowing the price would drop by £100 in the Autumn. 

Basically, as expected, Atari UK pumping out a lot of estimated sales, jumping on claims which made for great P.R stories, but no actual sales figures.

WH Smiths in the Autumn of 87 did push ST harder, putting together their own '£200 free software bundle, including things like Hitchhikers Guide, Arkanoid,  Leaderboard etc).

Come on Kieren,  your ST A-Z guide intro is clutching at straws and yet again, it's we you despise that are having to give truer accounts of the UK ST scene.

31 minutes ago, Galahad said:

You sure?  The guy argues quite a bit like Kieren in the link I posted, just wondering why "KidGameR186496" wouldn't adopt the same name on Wikipedia, its not likely to be duplicated by anyone.

I can back this up.

Roberth went through a period of taking Kieren's side, which i don't want to drag back up as it's all water under the bridge between him and myself. 

Roberth has publically apologised to Atari Age etc and full credit to him, not only for having the stones to do that,  but he has conducted some fantastic research into Lost Jaguar games and spoken to various sources including those behind Jaguar Toki and Gotcha among others.

Roberth has also highlighted the suspicious interview quotes used in Kieren's Blue Lightning RetroGamer magazine article and provided origins of the quotes used in Kieren's Jaguar Zero 5 script for Guru Larry Fact Hunt video.

He was used by Kieren, often to do Kieren's dirty work, so Kieren could present himself as not wanting to be involved in any drama.

As i say he has done some very credible and appreciated research on behalf of Lost Games and has shared it freely.

I hold him no ill feelings and have in all honesty appreciated and respected the finds he has made for the community. 

He proved himself very capable once he realised what Kieren's game was and i wish him all the best in his future research. 

You tried to DIVIDE a community Kieren.

You failed on an EPIC level.

I find myself watching and enjoying the works of Kim Justice and Octav1us,  people i never showed any interest in prior..

I've come to respect Roberth for the people he reached that myself, Unseen64, GTW etc, let alone YOU,  couldn't. 

Edited by Lost Dragon

19 hours ago, Landstalker said:

"unfortunately the graphics...are really messy indeed and actually hinder the gameplay because of it."

Make your mind up please.
"but as we well know graphics are irrelevant if the gameplay holds up..."

So which is it????

"rounding some Ramboids, some kind of alien breed of the animal."
I'm certain this stuff makes sense in his head, but as soon as it hits the page, all comprehension is gone.

"one of the first sports games to use officially licensed characters. In fact I can't think of many other games from that time which do so."
You only had to think back to 1984 and Daley Thompson's Decathlon, you fuckwit!

"a real point of difference..."
It must mean something where he comes from.

"it's horizontally scrolling shoot'em'up"

"aerial arsenal"
Now this is either a floating ammunition store or a UK football team in the sky. I can't decide which.

"sea based instillations"
Instillation: It is related to the verb instill, which means to impart knowledge gradually or to put droplets of liquid into something. Thus, instillation is either the act of instilling something, or something that has been instilled.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Deathray Specs said:

Does this mean you know who is behind that account?

No, but I know Ian Lightbody personally and its not him.

Just a case of Kieren seeing ghosts everywhere and thinking he's part of the Scooby Doo Gang in solving the mystery!

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Lost Dragon said:

I can back this up.

Roberth went through a period of taking Kieren's side, which i don't want to drag back up as it's all water under the bridge between him and myself. 

Roberth has publically apologised to Atari Age etc and full credit to him, not only for having the stones to do that,  but he has conducted some fantastic research into Lost Jaguar games and spoken to various sources including those behind Jaguar Toki and Gotcha among others.

Roberth has also highlighted the suspicious interview quotes used in Kieren's Blue Lightning RetroGamer magazine article and provided origins of the quotes used in Kieren's Jaguar Zero 5 script for Guru Larry Fact Hunt video.

He was used by Kieren, often to do Kieren's dirty work, so Kieren could present himself as not wanting to be involved in any drama.

As i say he has done some very credible and appreciated research on behalf of Lost Games and has shared it freely.

I hold him no ill feelings and have in all honesty appreciated and respected the finds he has made for the community. 

He proved himself very capable once he realised what Kieren's game was and i wish him all the best in his future research. 

You tried to DIVIDE a community Kieren.

You failed on an EPIC level.

I find myself watching and enjoying the works of Kim Justice and Octav1us,  people i never showed any interest in prior..

I've come to respect Roberth for the people he reached that myself, Unseen64, GTW etc, let alone YOU,  couldn't. 

Happy to be corrected by people on here :)

• Thanks 1

One thing I’ve said for years is that the overall willingness to go by crazy pseudonyms online is something that gets in the way of accurate fact finding all the time. I’ve never understood the paranoia of not using online ID’s that are readily identifiable as you. Considering the overwhelming majority try to create the most original nickname and make it stick to gain some kind of reputation attached to that persona, why people use weird and wacky names unconnected to them just defeats the point. Just like those who never use their real face in pictures. Someone wants to come at me or call me out; fucking bring it on.

Unless you’re an utter bellend you’re not important enough to be stalked, molested or somehow have your identity stolen, so just be your fucking self or at very least go by a tag that’s consistent between platforms. It would make weeding out sockpuppet users and twats like Keyring a lot easier, and increase everyone’s integrity if you’re readily identifiable. Don’t care what people do, good or bad, as long as they have the balls to stand by what they say. No one here can be worse than the wotsit, surely.

Just thought I'd re-read the vindicating statement.

" autistic and disabled, two protected characteristics"
Protected Class: The groups protected from employment discrimination by law.
I seriously doubt that anyone here was considering employing him.

"the best way to answer all of this and respond to it"
He loves repeating things in different ways.

"so decided to do what I do best and write."
The evidence shown on this thread and within your publications shows that your writing is laughable. But carry on please....

" caught using fake sock puppet accounts to cause trouble."
Irony anyone?

" multiple fake accounts that were having conversations with themselves"
The student becomes the master.

"utterly ludicrous claims about my work being “substandard” just don’t wash."
You obviously haven't read any of your books Kieren. They'd need a step ladder to reach the dizzying heights of being ludicrous.

"Just because you give up on a project it doesn’t mean that you don’t have to pay."
Actually it does, you fucknugget!

"putting out books similar to yours..."
Your "books" aren't similar to anything. I have three to date. Uniformly horrid.

"it’s really not worth spending anytime going over your endless paragraphs of broken English..."
Again, he certainly hasn't read his published works.

" (yet you have the gall to try and pull me up on spelling and grammar.)
The unedited examples of your "books" shown on this thread justifies anyone challenging your spelling or grammar.
Read them yourself!
The evidence is there in black and white you dunce!

"
 inability to grasp even the basic facts of what my books are about."
Please explain. We're all waiting to hear your excuses and blame-shifting for the jumbled grammatical goobledegook you call writing.

"At least I admit I have mental health problems and need professional help!"
Then just fuck off and get it and leave the retro scene alone!

"
And speaking of hindsight, I only wish I had listened to the multitude of people who repeatedly told me that you couldn’t be trusted,"

Speaking OF hindsight?
You mean WITH hindsight, of course. How dare I have the gall to try and pull you up on your grammar!
Obviously he was talking about Octavius Kitten in the above statement.
Yet mere days after this statement went public he was emailing her and trying to get back in her good graces.
Someone who "couldn't be trusted?" Confused? You will be.

"There is no point trying to deny you did neither of things..."
Trying desperately to not have the gall to pull him up on his grammar. But it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

"
 claims that by me tagging Paul I brought attention to the situation, which is disingenuous at best."
Disingenuous?
Are you sure that's the word you want to use there?
I assume you're trying to suggest that the facts are not what others claim them to be?
But disingenuous?
Disingenuous: not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does.
I think you might have been looking for Dishonest, deceitful or duplicitous.
At least it started with the correct letter. 4/10 for attempting a big word.

"
 game on show and she had stuck some of her plushies around it on show"
He loves duplication within sentences.

"inconstancies"
Spelling!!

"Of course you wouldn’t provide any kind of evidence"

It must be a mantra he lives by.

"
I am the one being accused of fraud, not telling the truth, using mental illness as an excuse and pretending to be different people..."
Looks like the message has finally sunk in.

Edited by Landstalker
additions
  • Like 3

There's little to back up Kieren's ST best selling UK  micro claims in 1988 either.

A lot of talk from Atari UK:

Paul Welch (national sales manager)  claiming Atari had exceeded sales targets of 100,000 in 1987 and could of sold another 20,000 units on top,had machines been available.. 

Then in summer of '88 claims UK sales of the ST had reached 120,000

But independent analysts said Atari were combining actual sales with orders yet to be honoured. 

Peter Walker, when asked how the now £399 STFM (price hike by £100 due to DRAM chip shortages) was selling, espically given Commodore had dropped the price of the Amiga, just said sales remained buoyant. 

By Autumn, Bob Gleadow was claiming Atari were selling more than 10,000 ST's a month.

The Usual Atari UK chest beating is everywhere,  but little hard evidence to give actual ST sales, let alone next to other machines.

It brings into question the claims made in the introduction to Kieren's ST guides.

1 hour ago, Mr.T said:

One thing I’ve said for years is that the overall willingness to go by crazy pseudonyms online is something that gets in the way of accurate fact finding all the time. I’ve never understood the paranoia of not using online ID’s that are readily identifiable as you. Considering the overwhelming majority try to create the most original nickname and make it stick to gain some kind of reputation attached to that persona, why people use weird and wacky names unconnected to them just defeats the point. Just like those who never use their real face in pictures. Someone wants to come at me or call me out; fucking bring it on.

Unless you’re an utter bellend you’re not important enough to be stalked, molested or somehow have your identity stolen, so just be your fucking self or at very least go by a tag that’s consistent between platforms. It would make weeding out sockpuppet users and twats like Keyring a lot easier, and increase everyone’s integrity if you’re readily identifiable. Don’t care what people do, good or bad, as long as they have the balls to stand by what they say. No one here can be worse than the wotsit, surely.

Unless Jane Whittaker joins, the Wotsit will wear the crown.

As well all know only too well, he can dish it out, but he certainly can't take it.
Even when the evidence is staring him in the face from each and every page he will go on the defence.
One thing he doesn't do, which comes as no surprise as it is a typical Kieren-ism, is to address the criticisms thrown his way.
Deflect, duck and dodge.

2020-04-13_18-26-50.png

2020-04-13_18-27-27.png
The poor wee thing feels my comments are malicious.
That's as maybe, but it doesn't change the fact that his "books" are crammed to the gunnels with slapdash writing, incorrect data, grammatical failings, incomplete sentences, spelling errata and more.
Sorry Kieren, you can deny it all you want, it won't change the facts.
Your "books" are crap.

Edited by Landstalker
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Landstalker said:

As well all know only too well, he can dish it out, but he certainly can't take it.
Even when the evidence is staring him in the face from each and every page he will go on the defence.
One thing he doesn't do, which comes as no surprise as it is a typical Kieren-ism, is to address the criticisms thrown his way.
Deflect, duck and dodge.

2020-04-13_18-26-50.png

2020-04-13_18-27-27.png
That's as maybe, but it doesn't change the fact that his "books" are crammed to the gunnels with slapdash writing, incorrect data, grammatical failings, incomplete sentences, spelling errata and more.
Your "books" are crap.

Amazon.co.uk review?

You don't need to purchase to leave a review.

Amazon. Com you do.

Come on Kieren, you know this all too well.

Simon has every right to leave a review without making a purchase. 

As we've said before, Amazon.co.uk isn't your playground. 

Your out in the real world now and it's a much harsher environment. 

Regarding the whole protected categories and being autistic and disabled...

Its a sense of the narcissism of the man that he will come out with a statement like that, yet behave the way he does to me. Who is, you’ve guess it, both. And I’m not the only one. Almost like he’s got some sort of internalised self loathing about his situation so he lashes out at those who are in the same situation but making a bloody good go of things. Pure conjecture of course.

So, that being said, can I cash in my protected category tokens for protection from him please ???

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

11 hours ago, LinkoVitch said:

Pretty sure, KidGamer (Roberth) was friends and blinded by Kieren's fibs for a while.  I think he has apologised for this in his post on here.  Kieren used to feed him all kinds of malicious crap to help sow his lies.  I assume KGRAMER is a shortened form of KidGameR.  If I am wrong I am sure he will pop up and point that out.  He did do a lot of Kieren's dirty work back in the day and was even a moderator on his echo chamber of hatred and lies (JS3 on Facebook).

KGRAMR is a combination of both my online handle (KidGameR) and my real name, Roberth Anthony Martinez Rivero. Hence KGRAMR. I'm not afraid (unlike the pussy that is Kieren William Hawken with his "Galaxy Brain" attitude and "wonderful" actions) to say that I did the dirty work of Laird's Lair and I apologized for what my actions did to various people acting in his name. After a while I became a moderator on JS3, I slowly lost interest on keeping up with the group before I was kicked out for my neutral comment at Andrew Rosa's Facebook post, where I did not threw any insult at him and remembered what he said about having issues with Octav1us Kitten, yet the fucker threw a temper tantrum and assumed I was attacking him. Well Kieren Hawken, who's laughing now?

Your stupidity is what it's ultimately leading to your downfall. Nobody wants to do anything with you anymore because you're such a pussy that can't handle any sort of criticism, like with Lynx God's video review of your crap book filled with grammatical horrors. And in your message to Octav1us saying that you don't know anybody here then guess what? You're just a lame ass two-faced hypocrite. I wonder how your wife and child would react by knowing their man is a irrespectful little prick towards women?

Get the fuck out the Internet Kieren. If you can't face the truth of your actions and criticism of said actions here then why bother sticking around to annoy those who have genuine passion with this hobby? Get some fucking mental help at once dude. Jesuscrist...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Lost Dragon said:

Amazon.co.uk review?

You don't need to purchase to leave a review.

Amazon. Com you do.

Come on Kieren, you know this all too well.

Simon has every right to leave a review without making a purchase. 

As we've said before, Amazon.co.uk isn't your playground. 

Your out in the real world now and it's a much harsher environment. 

As I said earlier, he claims I'm being malicious.
But he cannot refute simple facts.
Like this little gem for instance.

Orc Attack Page 90

"Orc Attack is one of the earliest and best examples of a tower defense game..."
Wikipedia, Kieren's best friend and source of all knowledge/reviews describes it thus:
"Orc Attack is a fixed shooter video game written by Deal Lock for the Atari 8-bit family"
Can't believe he missed an opportunity to name check Atari.

OK let's be honest, While you are defending a tower, this game is nothing more than a vertical shooter turned on its head.

But we're arguing semantics there, so let's move on to something that is irrefutable.

Kieren states "The only weapon that you have at your disposal to stop them in their ascent is the pile of heavy cannonballs stored in the castle."
Ignoring the fact that the "cannonballs" are described as rocks on the wiki, let's move on to the elephant in the room.
"The only weapon that you have at your disposal to stop them in their ascent is the pile of heavy cannonballs stored in the castle."
What about your sword and the boiling oil?
That's three weapons in total.

Oh, hang on...six lines further down he says this "then you can use your sword."
He cites TWO weapons, completely forgetting the boiling oil, but starts by saying "the only weapon at your disposal."
Please, explain and excuse these cock-ups if you can. Justify your writing being confusing and misleading.

As always, we have a top Hawkenism to put a nice bow on things, "you face them again only more fearsome."

One other snippet where we can argue what he intended to say, is his Orbiter review on page 89.
"I would be surprised if there are still people who haven't played Defender."
Not so sure why he used the word "still", or why he's talking about Defender when he's supposed to be reviewing Orbiter.
Anyhow, we're informed (in an Orbiter review) that Defender was released in 1980.
World Population in 1980 was 4.4 billion.
It's now 2020 and the world population is 7.7 billion.
I'd go out on a limb here and say that an inordinately large majority of the 3.3 billion born in the interim years are completely unaware of the existence of Defender, let alone having played it.
But he does like making bold and sweeping statements.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Landstalker said:

Deflect, duck and dodge.

2020-04-13_18-26-50.png

2020-04-13_18-27-27.png
Your "books" are crap.

2020-04-14_11-23-10.thumb.png.8e124e4ba6e22fd2febf08e5b33ff18d.png

It's actually hard to choose a favourite out of all the Hawkenisms but "completely almost devoid of thrills" is a firm contender.
Replace "thrills" with "talent" and we could be talking about the man himself.

Edited by Landstalker
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Grassomaniac said:

Wouldn't surprise me if he's reported you for abuse due to your supposed "hatchet job". ?

I'm sure the review has been reported for abuse.

Kieren will point Amazon to this thread, Simon's Twitter page, point out Simon worked for Ocean, claim personal attacks..you name it.

I've had Amazon pull reviews of his A to Z guides as i put links into GTW entries proving Kieren couldn't of possibly reviewed the Ocean/Imagine version, as it was never finished and all that was recovered was the games loading screen.

The Amiga A-Z  Volume Kieren pulled and has now reappeared with a new cover. 

It was pulled after i reported it over Kieren claiming in his review of Agony that Psygnosis stole the box art. 

One of his Jaguar A to Z volumes had a content ⚠ warning on it the last time i looked,after we flagged up numerous concerns over the content.

One of Kierens associates wanted my reviews of Kieren's work pulled, just before Horacegate blew up in Kieren's face.

Wonder how he and his supporters feel about Kieren being the innocent victim now and how bad my review grammar was?

It is awful, but i am not the one selling publications to people featuring it

Edited by Lost Dragon
  • Like 4