IGNORED

Mega STE/TT LED replacements!

leech

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, probably just a wee bit off topic but I got this far with the replacement HD bay cover

for use with the internal Ultrasatan. This gray isn't too bad I suppose but I'll probably lightly

sand it down and paint it a color as close as possible to the Mega STe's. Any and all helpful

suggestions for sanding/painting appreciated! :)

Oh btw, what's the best way to remove that center locking screw from the original HD bay

cover without destroying the cover? Thanks.

01.thumb.jpg.a5f4ffa6fdbe983899abce7c8ef768ba.jpg

02.thumb.jpg.499dfb51ed3830ddc2c627a62a288374.jpg

03.thumb.jpg.0d0577227b970fc8fed742eb57b52f11.jpg

04.thumb.jpg.608db9e690af3204acac30cc2520a7ec.jpg

05.thumb.jpg.a2083983576883777ce566501fc640e0.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DarkLord said:

Okay, probably just a wee bit off topic but I got this far with the replacement HD bay cover

for use with the internal Ultrasatan. This gray isn't too bad I suppose but I'll probably lightly

sand it down and paint it a color as close as possible to the Mega STe's. Any and all helpful

suggestions for sanding/painting appreciated! :)

Oh btw, what's the best way to remove that center locking screw from the original HD bay

cover without destroying the cover? Thanks.

01.thumb.jpg.a5f4ffa6fdbe983899abce7c8ef768ba.jpg

02.thumb.jpg.499dfb51ed3830ddc2c627a62a288374.jpg

03.thumb.jpg.0d0577227b970fc8fed742eb57b52f11.jpg

04.thumb.jpg.608db9e690af3204acac30cc2520a7ec.jpg

05.thumb.jpg.a2083983576883777ce566501fc640e0.jpg

I saw another 3d printing project that I needed to work on that showed getting those bits and basically heating them up and insertong them so the plastic melts around them...

Something like this?

MEIYYJ 500Pcs M2 M2.5 M3 Metric Female Thread Knurled Brass Threaded Insert Embedded Nuts Assortment Kit,Double Pass Knurl Nuts Copper Embedded Fastener for Furniture Electrical and More Projects https://a.co/d/8xGfCYP

• 6 months later...
7 hours ago, Zap! said:

If you can somehow get that to match the original Mega STe's color and market it, we can make you rich! :D

You can buy the right color (or at least very, very close). I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Those STL files

are free to use so yeah, everyone can do this just for the cost of printing it out. No greedy "middle-men" or

mega corporations need be involved...!  :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DarkLord said:

You can buy the right color (or at least very, very close). I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Those STL files

are free to use so yeah, everyone can do this just for the cost of printing it out. No greedy "middle-men" or

I definitely make sure any that I create or modify I put out in public.  Amusingly, I have found someone in ebay selling the prints.  I don't really care, it was maybe a few hours of designing, printing, measuring, tweaking, etc to get things right.  The power LED holder, someone else designed, I just widened the hole so the grommets I bought would fit better.  In both cases, my originals hadn't rusted to pieces, so I never needed the replacements myself (the advantage of living in Utah, which has very little humidity.

On 1/27/2024 at 9:14 PM, DarkLord said:

I don't own a 3D printer at the moment, and even if I did, I'd rather just pay someone so it comes out perfect. :D