leech

Mega STE/TT LED replacements!

Ha, three orders at once and... now I'm out of wire!  Gonna order some more now.

@KLund1 Got your Gotek holder printing (said it'd take 6 hours, assuming the printer doesn't decide to annoy me, hopefully it'll be done by the time I get up in the morning).  But now I need to order more wires!

Got it last night.  Along with some more tooling, so hopefully I can crimp that tiny connector for the Quantum drive.  I'll work on these throughout the week, then if everyone that has put in an order give me an address, then I'll send them off on Saturday.

Son of a... open up the wires last night to start building some, and the wires in this set aren't bonded (as the previous wire I bought was not in stock).  And of course somehow all the bonded 26 gauge wire that is bonded is sold out... So I ordered some 24 awg.  Hopefully that comes in the next day or two so I can build the last of the orders out! 

@videofx I have the plastic holder for the tiny connector, but didn't realize I also need pins to connect the wires to so that when I crimp the thing, it actually works...

I haven't found a place yet to find the pins for it, though I think the crimper that I got should work once I find those.  Once I can track these down, I'll send off all the packages.

Posted (edited)

This seems to be the resistor to put inline if anyone wants one that isn't as bright.  It was what was used in a set of premade LEDs that I bought a while back.

SmartSelect_20200627-124229_RCC Calculator.jpg

20200627_124638.jpg

Edited by leech

What? Lower the intensity? Blasphemy! Why, when I power on

my Mega STe now, I can hear "Blinded by the light" playing in

the background.  :)

• Haha 1