IGNORED

PLEASE HELP MY LYNX II!!

trailmobile

I don't know but if anybody has a solution I'd love to hear it. I have the same problem with my spare Lynx II. It makes the token "pop" sound when you turn it on and I can see that the screen's light is on but there's no picture or sound and the brightness control doesn't affect the screen at all.

If you peruse the Lynx forum you'll find that Lynx II issues come up frequently. Unfortunately, I've not come across a solution to this problem.

I'm half tempted to swap components between my working Lynx II and the non-working one just to troubleshoot but I'm afraid of frying my one good Lynx!

I'm so close to some 2 player Warbirds action...so far away...

Jason

If it does that with every game, then you've got a pretty serious problem that short of refurbishing can't really be fixed. Well, i suppose if you know a lot about electronics you might be able to. But the same thing happened to 2 of my friend's lynxII systems, and both had to be sent back in for repairs (when Atari still did it) Howevee, if its just one game, try taking it out and putting it back in again. Some of my games are really picky and have to be in just right for the screen to come up.

~toughacton

and good luck with getting it working again.

It might be worthwhile to check your power supplies.

I usually use "universal" power supplies on my Lynx, and have, on occasion, chosen the wrong voltage selector for the unit. The Lynx may power up, but it won't play a game.

The power supply may also have just worn out.

Yeah, I bought the extended warranty from the store way back in 93 when i got my lynx II and i've never had any problems with it. Go figure, all that money wasted. But I just know if I'd not gotten it, it would have broke on me. (My friend didnt and she went through 3 lynx II systems and gave up on atari... sad but true story) She had the deluxe package, you know the one with the comlynx, and game and stuff. Atari sent her a new one each time it broke and all of them broke after like 2 months. I wonder if there was a problem with those deluxe package lynxes?

I guess what im getting at is stick with the Lynx. Mines lasted 10 years, and thats 10 years of some heavy play. :) Long live the Lynx!!

Yeah, I bought the extended warranty from the store way back in 93 when i got my lynx II and i've never had any problems with it. Go figure, all that money wasted. But I just know if I'd not gotten it, it would have broke on me. (My friend didnt and she went through 3 lynx II systems and gave up on atari... sad but true story) She had the deluxe package, you know the one with the comlynx, and game and stuff. Atari sent her a new one each time it broke and all of them broke after like 2 months. I wonder if there was a problem with those deluxe package lynxes?

I guess what im getting at is stick with the Lynx. Mines lasted 10 years, and thats 10 years of some heavy play. :) Long live the Lynx!!

The same thing happened to my first Lynx II. I didn't get the "pop" sound, it just didn't turn on. No power light. It was working fine one day and not the next.

I took it apart and couldn't find anything obviously wrong. At the time, I determined that the easiest fix would be to replace the whole one-piece circuit board. I'm pretty sure I tried shorting the little contact-pad for the power button, in the hopes that the power button just wasn't bridging the contacts. ...that wasn't it.

I was so bummed I went and got 2 more from ebay! Now I have some spare parts, as long as the new ones don't both break in the same way! :D

Archived