IGNORED

Atari 2600 Homebrew Completed/WIP in 2020

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, neotokeo2001 said:

No. It was made to test Dragster shifting skills. Flicking the joystick is key so this test who is the fastest. It will be made into a competition cartridge used by Todd Rogers.

Ahh, very cool. Reminds me a little of Headkicker 2.0 except instead of pressing the button fast, it's moving the joystick fast, nice. I think we tried about a dozen or so different joysticks on that episode to see which button worked the best for speed.

- James

7 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

No problem, updated! I was going off of the latest public build size of SIA V0.3.

- James

Yes, that is because the Harmony cart does not support 4K with RAM and I have to double the ROM to make it work. I suppose I should post an update containing 4K and 8K ROMs.

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch
  • Like 1

Another correction from my side: I don't think I should be listed for "Music" in Zoo Keeper. As you can see in this thread, I only reverse engineered the already existing sound data and wrote a player for it. I did not do any music.

If anything, I should be listed for coding. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Another correction from my side: I don't think I should be listed for "Music" in Zoo Keeper. As you can see in this thread, I only reverse engineered the already existing sound data and wrote a player for it. I did not do any music.

If anything, I should be listed for coding. :)

Updated! I've changed it to music coding if that works?

- James

8 hours ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

It has to work for @johnnywc. I don't know how much of my code he really used in Zoo Keeper.

Hi TJ!  You made the credits in the manual. so you should be listed here also. :D  

@ZeroPage Homebrew James, can you also add Lee Kebler (aka @keebz) for Additional Music and Testing?

FYI, both Zoo Keeper and Avalanche will be on the Completed list for 2020 awards, as soon as @Albert releases them in the store. ;)   Are the current public demo ROMs of Avalanche and Zoo Keeper sufficient for consideration?  The latest ZK demo is from March 2020 but the last Avalanche demo is from December 2019 (little has changed since then).  

Thanks!

John

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, johnnywc said:

Hi TJ!  You made the credits in the manual. so you should be listed here also. :D  

Cool, but how should I know? :) 

31 minutes ago, johnnywc said:

FYI, both Zoo Keeper and Avalanche will be on the Completed list for 2020 awards.

Which is good, as they both can't be in the WIP list again.

2 hours ago, johnnywc said:

@ZeroPage Homebrew James, can you also add Lee Kebler (aka @keebz) for Additional Music and Testing?

Done!

2 hours ago, johnnywc said:

FYI, both Zoo Keeper and Avalanche will be on the Completed list for 2020 awards, as soon as @Albert releases them in the store. ;)   Are the current public demo ROMs of Avalanche and Zoo Keeper sufficient for consideration?  The latest ZK demo is from March 2020 but the last Avalanche demo is from December 2019 (little has changed since then). 

The nomination committee, and eventually the public, will evaluate each game based on what's available to them. If they have the purchased game, that would be the most complete way to evaluate but for those who don't have access to that they will base their decisions on a demo/older public build or at a last resort a YouTube video of gameplay.

So, in short, the public demo binaries are completely acceptable for consideration! ? 

- James

• Like 1