IGNORED

SF354/SF314 disk drive power supply pinouts?

I'm working on getting some ST stuff to sell and I'm trying to get stuff lined out. I have two 5 pin DIN connector power supplies that I believe go to my two SF314 disk drives, but I want to confirm before I plug them in. They're both power brick style, identical except for one is black and one is ST tan/gray. The black one's P/N is C070091-3. There is no model number listed. The tan/gray one is P/N C070091-014, model 1103. I have two SF314 drives. One an older style with the long eject button that was originally purchased with a 520STM. The black power supply would seem to go with this one as it would match the black power supply I have for the STM. I believe the tan/gray power supply is for the newer SF314 that I have. This drive has the smaller, STE style eject button. I'm attaching a pinout I have for the SF354/SF314 disk drive power port. It is the pinout of the actual port on the drive, so the pinout from the power supply would be reversed. I got this pinout from Bradley's Best Electronics catalog. The problem is, I believe it is wrong. His pinout shows pins 1 and 4 as both +5 VDC. On my power supplies, I have +12 VDC on pin 4.

Will someone with any information on these power supplies fill me in? If anyone has an SF354 or SF314, would you please confirm whether or not you have +12 VDC on pin 4?

Thanks.

DIN.jpg

I finally found an answer for myself, so I'll reply to myself, in case someone is looking for something similar and wound up at this thread. I finally found the SF314 Service Manual at Atarimania.com and was able to confirm that the power supplies I have are for the two drives I have. The pinout Bradley has in his catalog is wrong. Pin 4 is actually +12 VDC. Everything else is correct.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...