IGNORED

TV RCA coax switch?

Shilar

Here's my problem: I'm an old-school collector, not modding any of my systems to have Composite out (unless it was an option). I have 6 systems that use the old-style RCA coax to output the signal to channel 3. Right now, I'm using a monster coax switch system that allows all the systems to output to TV (with an adapter from RCA to 75 ohm coax). My issue? I want to eliminate the adapters connecting to the switch, and run RCA to RCA, with only the coax going to the TV. I find many "composite" switches all over the place, but I would prefer a single RCA cable switch (as in one cable per connection) as the other ports would be redundant and only clutter the space. Only connector like this I found on ebay but... well, I totally hate its setup:

s-l1600.jpg

My issue is it can't be stacked, due to the clickers being on top. Can anyone help with a better alternative? Any help is much appreciated.

Just look for one that has the buttons on the front... and besides a composite switchbox would work just fine (just plug them all into the same color and then for the output attach one of those RCA to coaxial screw adapters). RCA is the connector standard not the A/V format... in fact many different A/V formats use the same plug... audio cables, composite video, component video, digital coaxial (multichannel audio like 5.1/7.1 surround sound). 

Mhmm, I was going for the idea of just one port for each. I figured digital coax would be a way to go, but I can't locate any that also converts coax to optical, which I don't want (also is powered/wireless/etc). composite would be ok, but the issue is space (due to the amount of inputs and outputs). Even pointing me to a digital coax switchbox might be handy, lest I just go with making one. :)